Mini M8S - 360 controller support fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini M8S - 360 controller support fix?

​Hey guys, new member but I've technically been using the website for a while.

I'm having issues. I had an MXQ before this, that bricked (fully) while updating during a storm, that I used for games and Plex. That's pretty much all I want to do with it. I know the games support the 360 controller, as they did on the MXQ. They also seem to run great on the Mini M8S. I just need to figure out how I can get the same functionality from it on the Mini M8S.

I think I remember seeing fixes for this a long time ago, but if I remember right; they're device specific? So any help, or even something I can flash onto it via SD card (if I'm lucky), would be helpful.

(PS - Apologies if this is the wrong section or I sound dumb. Communication has never been my strong suite.)
    Last edited by JackBlackadder; 06-15-2016, 17:05.

I have had a week ago mini m8s and there was no support
    for my 360 controller wired at all the only way i got a controller tobwork was a ps3 controller with sixaxis app

Comment

Yeah, that's my usual go-to, but it still didn't work - in fact it was terrible. I also tried the GamepadIME app, but I can't figure out how to get joydev.ko inserted into the system.

http://sven.killig.de/android/GamepadIME/ Any ideas?

Comment

HI, I am a total noob to Android and TV boxes, I just bought one of these (Mini m8spro S905 2GB RAM - "T95N") devices with the hopes of playing emulated games. I also have not been able to get my wired Xbox 360 controller to work, it doesn't register at all when plugged in.

Having a quick look through this forum I see there are some very complex things you can do to these boxes RE recompiling kernels etc but it's all very daunting to a noob! Another problem is differentiating one of these Chinese boxes from another - the names of them are hard to pin down! This is the one I have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwed9_HHFms

If anyone can advise on getting my Xbox 360 controller working at all that would be great!
        Thanks!
        Last edited by MetalSlugger; 12-30-2016, 09:54.

Comment

Bump for same problem, what I really need are the relevant files for the S905.

All I've managed to find and try result in:
          'insmod /system/lib/gameport.ko' Failed (Exec format error)
          Which I understand to mean incompatible.

Has anyone figured this out for mini m8s yet?

Comment

Working...
          X