Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RUPA M8S Pro 4K bricked, need firmware and help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RUPA M8S Pro 4K bricked, need firmware and help!

I received a Android Box from RUPA. M8S Pro 4K.

Product link here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RUPA-Androi.../dp/B01KJPPU3W

However, I decided to factory reset recently and it lead to a black screen with no progression whatsoever. I was confused abit so I restarted the box and as soon as I turn the box, the boot animation shows. But if I restart it, on the second go it shows 'Android is starting...' which it stays like that constantly with no change of screen.

I read on the internet about a 'toothpick method' so I attempted it but I couldn't seem to find any sort of click or button which people have said to have experienced when putting a toothpick through the port.

On further inspection, I opened the box up to find it doesn't even have a button at the back of the AV port.

I have purchased a USB A to USB A cable in attempt to reflash the firmware but I can't even boot into recovery mode as everywhere I look says 'Use the toothpick method'.

I have tried reflashing but I cannot find the correct firmware! Everytime I try using a AMLOGIC S905 - MXQ Pro 4k or M8S, I get the USB Control Error, which I'm assuming means that I have the wrong firmware.

Please help me out as I am so confused and RUPA seem to be very slow with their replies.

If I would just be able to get onto the Recovery mode screen, that would be great as I may be able to factory restore from there.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

you get this solved?

Comment

I to have 2 RUPA M8S Pros that I think are bricked. I have signs of power. The blue light in front and ethernet lights. I have a post in the S905 Eny / Acemax section. I picked up a male male usb as well and every firmware I try via usb i get errors at only a few %. Im gona keep an eye on your thread as well. If I learn anything ill let you know.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

Found this.

At work so I havent tryed it yet I will tonight

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X