Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! T95N Mini M8Spro s905 2GB. Seems bricked. Only power light, no video output.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! T95N Mini M8Spro s905 2GB. Seems bricked. Only power light, no video output.

Good Day,

This box is at my parents house. As far as they know, they did nothing, it just stopped working one day after they moved stuff around.

When the box is plugged in, the blue power light comes on, but no signal is detected on screen. I tested the charger/hdmi/etc with another box to confirm that their box is indeed the issue. I have spent abt a day on this forum trying different methods of recovery for the box, with very limited success. The furthest I am able to get is the android 'Updating..' screen (see attached images), but this freezes very early on the progress bar, and never goes any further (I left it overnight to be sure). This screen was obtained by using the bootsdcard maker and the stock firmware for the model (I've tried many versions from different sources, and they all freeze at the same point). I also changed the 'erase_flash' value in the 'aml_sdc_burn.ini' file to 3 and 4, each resulting in a similar freeze of the progress bar, except the android logo has a red X appearing next to it. The SD card boots automatically, without me needing to press the recovery button inside the AV port, which makes me think things are pretty far gone. Pressing the button makes no functional difference in the process.

I would like to know if anyone can recommend any other steps to try, or if they can theorize what caused this issue in the first place, and if it's even possible to be fixed. I am beginning to think the memory is damaged and not accepting any read/write IO operations, hence only booting from the memory card, but freezing when attempting to update the firmware. This is just a guess tho, as I'm not very verse in these things.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: I've seen possible attempts made using the USB Burning Tool, but I won't have access to a M-to-M USB cable in the near future, so I would not be able to carry out any solutions involving that method for now. Click image for larger version  Name:	20161226_022236.jpg Views:	3 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	618827
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20161226_022539.jpg Views:	2 Size:	14.3 KB ID:	618828 Click image for larger version  Name:	20161226_022236.jpg Views:	4 Size:	11.1 KB ID:	619170
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20161226_022539.jpg Views:	3 Size:	14.3 KB ID:	619171
    Last edited by darro87; 12-29-2016, 05:23.

Managed to get the USB Cable, but no luck in flashing. Getting error: [0x30201004]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result

Any advice? Is it that my NAND is just dead, and I should just give up and dump this box?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	amlogic.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	619169
    Last edited by darro87; 12-29-2016, 05:21.

Comment

Not sure if this is your case, but I had one unit burn out because of lightning, through the LAN port :/ when I opened it it had a few burned resistors, I changed them and the unit now powers on but no display at all, I can still access the NAND like you, but I can't do anything, Sorry I was of no help, but the symptoms are similar.

Comment

Oh, thanks for the response. I suspect something electricity related cause the damage to this one as well. Sighs..starting to think I should just dump it. I'm really just trying to experiment to find any possible way to make it kinda work, even if it's just for the learning experience.

Comment

Might want to go the UART route and see if you get a response from the chip, if by any chance the NAND just got corrupted you might be able to recover it from there.

Comment

Hmm, just Googled, that...can you advise on a reliable place to get one?

Thanks..

Comment

Hey all..

I'm not sure if this will fix the Op's problem or not but i found it useful information and I'm not sure if this info is on this forum or not...

I had a "t95n,s905,1gb/8gb" that i bricked by flashing the wrong (s905x) firmware, usb burning tool wouldn't recognise the box, no recovery either.
              After shorting pins 4 & 5 on the Nand chip(?), usb burning tool could see it again but it failed at 2% every time, no matter what firmware i tried...i tried em all...sd card too.

I gave up in the end and ordered a nexbox a95x and bricked it within 2 minutes of plugging it in.........By trying to flash the latest firmware by sd card...Usb burning tool could see it at least but it failed at 2% every time and i just bricked it with the sd card, so that wasn't a choice any more.

So i went to the nexbox forum and found a video that explained the correct ways to flash the a95x...

No.1
              By sd card, download Bootcard maker (burn card maker) and use that to put the firmware on the sd card, not just simply dump the files on a sd card .

No.2
              Start usb burning tool with the usb lead plugged into the computer only, load your firmware and press start, now plug the other end of the usb lead into your android box and then straight away plug the power supply in, you have to be fairly quick (before the 2% fail)...

No.2 worked first time on the a95x...And then on the t95n too....

If you are getting a failure at 2% with usb burning tool, "Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error" etc...then give the above methods a try, it may work for you...

Comment

Working...
              X