Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[LibreELEC] Bolt Ons! AceStream & EmulationStation + RetroArch/Libretro for S905 devices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LibreELEC] Bolt Ons! AceStream & EmulationStation + RetroArch/Libretro for S905 devices!

Cross posting this from the S905X sub so it gets move exposure as these packages will also work with S905 devices.

To use these "Bolt Ons!" you need to be running LibreELEC on your S905/X Box.

AceStream 3.1.19 (Works with LibreELEC 7.0.3.012+ & 8)

Code:
    ssh -l root [B]"LibreELEC IP"[/B]
    [I]Password[/I]: [B]libreelec[/B]
    cd /storage
    curl -LO https://archive.org/download/AcestreamS905/Acestream_S905.tgz
    tar xopf Acestream_S905.tgz
    rm -f Acestream_S905.tgz
    reboot
    EmulationStation + RetroArch 1.5.0 (Works with LibreELEC 7.0.3.012+ & 8)

Code:
    ssh -l root [B]"LibreELEC IP"[/B]
    [I]Password[/I]: [B]libreelec[/B]
    cd /storage
    curl -LO https://archive.org/download/EmulationStationS905/EmulationStation_S905.tgz
    tar xopf EmulationStation_S905.tgz
    rm -f EmulationStation_S905.tgz
    reboot
    Due to the way the packages are put together, updating LibreELEC won't effect AceStream/EmulationStation/Libretro. They run from the storage partition so won't be affected by the update (but the update may break a lib, so post here is something stops working).

Working Systems:

ROM Folder / (System ) / : Core / Supported Extensions
    • fba (Final Burn Alpha): fbalpha / .ZIP .iso .ISO (BIOS in this folder with lowercase .zip are hidden, and ROMs with uppercase .ZIP show)
    • neogeo (NEO・GEO): fbalpha / .ZIP .iso .ISO (Same as above)
    • mame (MAME 078): mame2003 / .zip .ZIP .chd .CHD .7z .7Z
    • nes (Nintendo): nestopia / .nes .NES .fds .FDS .zip .ZIP
    • snes (Super Nintendo): snes9x2010 / .smc .SMC .fig .FIG .sfc .SFC .gd3 .GD3 .gd7 .GD7 .dx2 .DX2 .bsx .BSX .swc .SWC .zip .ZIP
    • n64 (Nintendo 64): glupen64 / .n64 .N64 .v64 .V64 .z64 .Z64 .bin .BIN .u1 .U1 .ndd .NDD .zip .ZIP
    • gb (Game Boy): gambatte / .zip .ZIP .gb .GB
    • gbc (Game Boy Color): gambatte / .zip .ZIP .gbc .GBC
    • gba (Game Boy Advance): vba_next / .zip .ZIP .gba .GBA
    • mastersystem (Sega Master System): picodrive / .zip .ZIP .sms .SMS
    • genesis (Sega Genesis): picodrive / .zip .ZIP .md .MD
    • megadrive (Sega Mega Drive): picodrive / .zip .ZIP .md .MD
    • segacd (Sega CD): picodrive / .cue .CUE .iso .ISO (You need both .bin and .cue files for sound to work. .bin files are hidden so games are not shown twice)
    • sega32x (Sega 32X): picodrive / .zip .ZIP .32x .32X
    • gamegear (Sega Game Gear): genesis_plus_gx / .zip .ZIP .gg .GG
    • psx (Playstation): pcsx_rearmed / .bin .BIN .iso .ISO .img .IMG .mdf .MDF .pbp .PBP .toc .TOC .cbn .CBN .m3u .M3U (I would use .PBP)
    • psp (Playstation Portable): ppsspp / .elf .ELF .iso .ISO .cso .CSO .prx .PRX .pbp .PBP
    • atari2600 (Atari 2600): stella / .a26 .A26 .bin .zip .ZIP .7z .7Z
    • atarilynx (Atari Lynx): handy / .lnx .LNX .zip .ZIP
    • videopac (VideoPac): o2em / .bin .BIN
    • zxspectrum (ZX Spectrum): fuse / .tzx .TZX .tap .TAP .z80 .Z80 .rzx .RZX .scl .SCL .trd .TRD .zip .ZIP
    • pcengine (TurboGrafx 16): mednafen_pce_fast / .pce .cue .zip .PCE .CUE .ZIP
    • msx (MSX): fmsx / .rom .ROM .mx1 .MX1 .mx2 .MX2
    • pc (DOS x86): dosbox / .com .COM .sh .SH .bat .BAT .exe .EXE
    • scummvm (ScummVM): scummvm / .sh .SH .svm .SVM

To launch EmulationStation there is an included add-on to launch it (it will show up under "Program add-ons").

To return back to EmulationStation after opening a game, select "Quit RetroArch".

To boot back into Kodi select the Kodi option within EmulationStation.

The default ROM folder is at: /storage/roms/

Place your games in there (Emuparadise is a pretty good place to go looking for ROMs).

EmulationStation can also use ROMs from a USB Storage device and SD Card.

To get it working you must first format and label/name the SD Card sdcard. This is so when it gets mounted, its mounted as 'sdcard'. If it doesn't, it won't work.
    Same thing with the USB Storage device. It needs to be labelled/named usb.

Once you have done that download this zip and extract it onto the sdcard/usb.

roms_dir.zip

It should look like this:
    • /sdcard/roms/"Systems"

Now just place your ROMs into the folders.

Once you connect the USB/SD Card, EmulationStation will look for ROMs on them.

The only issue you may face is if you spread ROM's for the same system over all 3 locations.

What I mean by this, is if you put PSX games onto the USB, SD Card and in the internal storage, EmulationStation will show the PlayStation tab 3 times. Once for each location.

So the best thing to do is pick one location per system. That way the same system won't show up multiple times.

The scraper in EmulationStation does work but it is a bit on the slow side (and can't do Arcade games). You will be better off following theses guides to get the metadate and artwork (the app does work locally so you don't have to do it over a network).

Thanks to scottmu64, niabi & JoKeRz for making this possible.

TIPS

For PSX games that have multiple CDs (Final Fantasy Series, Metal Gear Solid etc.) you will be better off using the .PBP format (PSX2PSP eBoots).
    To be honest .PBP is the better format as it does compression. So will make your game collection smaller.

Bluetooth controllers do work wireless, but you need to connect them within LibreELEC settings. (I am using a PS3 Dualshock 3 Controller with my setup but its a bit funky in LibreELEC, I have to reboot after quitting EmulationStation/RetroArch to get the CEC remote working again within Kodi/LibreELEC 7. In 8 it works fine with the PS3 Controller connected).

If you have controller issues with RetroArch you can setup your controller within the RetroArch settings. But most controllers will work fine out of the box.

NOTES

The version of RetroArch/Libretro comes from AlexELEC build as do most of the cores.
    The version of EmulationStation comes from niabi build as do the missing cores that AlexELEC don't have.
    For the rest of the missing cores I get them from Lakka.

The package should be super simple to keep updated.
    • /storage/.emulationstation/emulationstation
    • /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/retroarch
    • /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/lib/libretro

Will be the only things that will need replacing when there is an update from niabi, AlexELEC or Lakka (but read the release notes first. For an example AlexELEC latest release only has a change to libretro-snes9x2010 that would be useful for this package).

Default locations:
    • emulationstation & retroarch are in the /usr/bin folder.
    • libretro cores are in /usr/lib/libretro (only use the .so files)

As for updated controller config files. You can get them here.

And they go into here:
    • /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/resources/autoconfig

Last edited by pinguy; 03-25-2017, 00:42.

I have now pre-setup the PSX, PSP & N64 emulators with the best configuration. Just re-use the same download link to get the update.

If the game has a black screen in the PSP emulator change "nonbuffered" to "buffered". You may also have to lower the screen resolution as running "buffered" uses more of the CPU. Also try setting "frameskip" to "1" (do not use the "auto frameskip") to help get smoother playback.

Also enabling hardware shared context helps: "Settings > Core > Enable hardware shared context" and disabling "Rounded mode" within the ppsspp core.

The two main options within ppsspp you should never enable because it will cause issues is "IO Threading" & " Auto frameskip".

With the new PSP defaults Ridge Racer 2 & Soul Calibur - Broken Destiny run at 60FPS @ 544p
    Last edited by pinguy; 03-01-2017, 17:52.

Comment

PPSSPP: PSP Compatibility list:
      • Armored Core - Formula Front - Extreme Battle: Playable if you set "frameskip" to "1". Runs at 544p@30FPS
      • Call of Duty - Roads to Victory: Unplayable. Doesn't fully boot
      • Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII: Runs at 544p@30FPS
      • God of War - Chains of Olympus: Unplayable. Very low FPS.
      • Grand Theft Auto - Vice City Storie: Extreamly buggy. Sound cuts out all the time. Need to chage settings to "Buffered"
      • Gran Turismo (PSP): Unplayable. Doesn't fully boot
      • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: Runs at 544p@30FPS
      • Metal Gear Solid - Peace Walker: Unplayable. Text doesn't show and it stutters
      • Need for Speed - Most Wanted: Runs at 544p@60FPS
      • OutRun 2006 - Coast 2 Coast: Has graphic issues. Unplayable
      • Race Driver 2006: Unplayable. Graphic issues and low FPS
      • Ridge Racer 2: Runs at 544p@60FPS
      • Soul Calibur - Broken Destiny: Runs at 544p@60FPS
      • Tekken 6: Slightly playable. Sound broken
      • Test Drive Unlimited: Unplayable. Doesn't fully load
      • Wipeout Pulse: Some graphic issues and sound problems. Semi playable

GLupeN64: N64 Compatibility list:
      • Mario Kart 64: Fully works
      • Super Mario 64: Fully works
      • Conker's Bad Fur Day: Unplayable
      • GoldenEye 007: Very low FPS. Unplayable
      • Perfect Dark: Very low FPS. Unplayable

Will update list as more people test ROMs and report back.

For the other systems, all the games seem to be 100% compatible and run at full speed. It is only N64 & PSP that don't. You may also come across some issues with Final Burn Alpha and MAME arcade ROMs, but for the most part they work without any issue.
      Last edited by pinguy; 02-28-2017, 21:28.

Comment

UPDATE:

Added: video_shared_context = true to the retroarch.cfg

It is needed to run games nonbuffered. Otherwise you will just get a black screen.

Removed parallel_n64 (dosen't work well so no point including it), prosystem & atari800.

Updated the cores that could be updated.

Use the same download link to get the new version. You will have to delete /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/emulator.tools.retroarch/config before installing.

Comment

Thanks for your work, emulationstation-retroarch is working great on the 905.
          I have one question is it possible to add emu support for cbs colecovision and/or Commodore 64?

Comment

Originally posted by happysat View Post
            Thanks for your work, emulationstation-retroarch is working great on the 905.
            I have one question is it possible to add emu support for cbs colecovision and/or Commodore 64?
            Sorry no. At the moment only theses cores work (and not all of them work on the S905): http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly.../armhf/latest/

Colecovision uses the CoolCV core.
            Commodore 64 uses the VICE core.

Both unavailable for are platform.

If you can find the Libretro cores for the Odroid-C1/2, they should work on are systems.
            Last edited by pinguy; 03-02-2017, 17:23.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
              So DOS and o2em (Videopac) can work, they are in the list?

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
                So DOS and o2em (Videopac) can work, they are in the list?
                DOS works. Haven't tested o2em.

Comment

If you want to try out new cores, the full list is here: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly.../armhf/latest/

The ones that use HW will not work (mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.so as an example). I tested out mednafen_psx. It worked but was unusable.

If you want to test out a few cores and report back what ones work well. I will added them to the package. But the few I tried ran horribly.

Just remember to run:

Code:
                  chmod -R a+rw /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch
                  After adding the new cores.

You will have to test the core via RetroArch as EmulationStation would need to be setup before it sees them.

Comment

Doing some more digging it looks like mess2014_libretro may do Commodore 64.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post
                      If you want to try out new cores, the full list is here: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly.../armhf/latest/

The ones that use HW will not work (mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.so as an example). I tested out mednafen_psx. It worked but was unusable.

If you want to test out a few cores and report back what ones work well. I will added them to the package. But the few I tried ran horribly.

Just remember to run:

Code:
                      chmod -R a+rw /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch
                      After adding the new cores.

You will have to test the core via RetroArch as EmulationStation would need to be setup before it sees them.
                      Great im gonna test a few and report back.
                      Does es_systems.cfg need to be changed for the rom folders (e.g. dos and o2em) they are not listed.
                      I guess they need an entry.
                      Or both apps take care of that after setup?

Edit figured that out

Thanks again!

Comment

Pinguy, i tried core's:

bluemsx_libretro.so - no joy
                        fmsx_libretro.so - works, controls also, tried Bruce Lee :d
                        o2em_libretro.so - works, some games dont get pass the start screen, others do when hitting 'enter' but no controls (yet) figuring that one out..
                        dosbox_libretro.so - works like you said.

Tested with EmulationStation.

Comment

Pinguy, i tried core's:

bluemsx_libretro.so - no joy
                          fmsx_libretro.so - works, controls also, tried Bruce Lee :d
                          o2em_libretro.so - works, some games dont get pass the start screen, others do when hitting 'enter' but no controls (yet) figuring that one out..
                          dosbox_libretro.so - works like you said.

Tested with EmulationStation.
                          Thanks. Yeah I tested out a few and they where all pretty much garbage. I could include dosbox_libretro, but wanted to keep the package aimed towards being like a console that uses a games controller. Most of the good games for dosbox need a mouse.

Comment

No problem

Yes true but some do work with the game controller, i was amazed it did.

I did make a few changes in es_systems.cfg:

<system>
                            <name>videopac</name>
                            <fullname>VideoPac</fullname>
                            <path>/storage/roms/o2em</path>
                            <extension>.bin .BIN .zip .ZIP .7z .7Z .rar .RAR</extension>
                            <command>/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/emulationstation.sh o2em %ROM%</command>
                            <platform>videopac</platform>
                            <theme>videopac</theme>
                            </system>

<system>
                            <name>pc</name>
                            <fullname>PC</fullname>
                            <path>/storage/roms/pc</path>
                            <extension>.bin .BIN .zip .ZIP .7z .7Z .rar .RAR .exe .com .EXE .COM .iso .ISO</extension>
                            <command>/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/emulationstation.sh dosbox %ROM%</command>
                            <platform>pc</platform>
                            <theme>pc</theme>
                            </system>

<system>
                            <name>msx</name>
                            <fullname>MSX</fullname>
                            <path>/storage/roms/msx</path>
                            <extension>.bin .BIN .zip .ZIP .7z .7Z .rar .RAR</extension>
                            <command>/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/bin/emulationstation.sh fmsx %ROM%</command>
                            <platform>msx</platform>
                            <theme>msx</theme>
                            </system>

Comment

Update:

Added dosbox.
                              Last edited by pinguy; 03-03-2017, 00:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X