Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WeTeK Play 2 Hybrid 4K TV Box Amlogic 905-h 2/8GB Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeTeK Play 2 Hybrid 4K TV Box Amlogic 905-h 2/8GB Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.

AMLogic S905-H, Quad-Core Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz, Penta-Core ARM® Mali™-450
    Operating System, Android 5.1.1, 2GB DDR3 8GB eMMC
    Modular TV Tuner - DVB-S2 (satellite), DVB-C/T/T2 (cable/terrestrial) and ATSC (North America, South Korea)
    Supports Google Widevine, Microsoft Playready, HDCP 2.2

Click image for larger version

Name:	o9pm6r.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	639808

Name:	29wjx9f.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	639809

Last edited by trebor; 04-04-2017, 20:28.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Lets have a look at system and Information using the usual lot
    Not a speed demon but should be able to handle most with ease.
    I find the Weos ok to use and fairly easy to navigate, nice to have a fiddle with something a little different
    Temps are ok, down to 42c when idle up to 55~ when pushed...

Good looking unit and have to Love those vents, Excellent.
    Lots of features on the remote to keep the avid finger twiddler happy,
    Good to see Multi Power Pack for all regions.

First Switch on

Settings

Settings

System Info

Main UI very ATV looking

DRM L1

Ram Truth

Storage Truth

Vellamo

Geekbench CPU Benchmarks

Full Details > https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2327404

Geekbench Compute Benchmarks

Full Detail > https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/581360

CPU-Z

Antutu 3d

Very Good Help/How to use via Youtube

Kodi 16.1/ WePlayer

A1 SD Benchtest
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2ykjjbd.jpg Views:	1 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	639556

Last edited by trebor; 04-03-2017, 11:27.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I've bought mine a while ago.

The only thing i really don't like is the remote!
      Wetek play 1 had air mouse and this one is only IR mouse!
      This was a bad choice by wetek

Beside that, is one of the best android box for DVB.
      (to me the best one that combines both Android and DVB)

I'm waiting for Android 6 to come out to have Netflix 4k!

Comment

Now a quick look at the DVB side of things, lots of functions and settings to be had....

Tuning very easy plug in Antenna, and scan

All Channels

Options

Full EPG

Channel Info

Settings lots of goodies in hear to tinker with

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

And a look at the bits that make it all happen

Under side

Top Side

Inside Top Lid and WiFI Antenna

Bits, Ram, eMMC Samsung, PHYceivers › 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet, Genesys Logic 4 port USB 2 solution.

More Bits, WiFi, 905H CPU, Tv Tuner Sony DVB-T2 (incl.T2-Lite), DVB-T and DVB-C demodulator

Heat Sink, Thermal Pad, looks like its eating away at the CPU above
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The classic launcher is much better, it can be downloaded from aptoide, it also works on any other TV box now.
            i recommend weOS 1.4, also the new weOS disable navbar and status bar, which is a pain if you are used to using an airmouse.

The EPG does NOT work correctly in the UK, only now and next.

You cannot sort and reorder channel lists in wetv.

That said, i like the box, and is best one I've had.
            But the weOS 2.0 was a really bad UI update.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
              The classic launcher is much better, it can be downloaded from aptoide, it also works on any other TV box now.
              i recommend weOS 1.4, also the new weOS disable navbar and status bar, which is a pain if you are used to using an airmouse.

The EPG does NOT work correctly in the UK, only now and next.

You cannot sort and reorder channel lists in wetv.

That said, i like the box, and is best one I've had.
              But the weOS 2.0 was a really bad UI update.
              I like the new version of the launcher, the only thing that I did was to disable the notifications

But, beside that, yes, WeTV needs a few tweaks, but you also have the ability to use Libreelec that has other few millions different configurations

But overall, for me it's one of the best Android Box on the market (beside Nvida, but this is another level)

Comment

The media devices is designed and manufactured under demanding quality standards.
                For instance, we support Widevine Level 1, Playready, Verimatrix, secureOS, and also HDCP DRM technologies.
                Plus, we are able to reproduce 4k@60fps with Dolby, DTS, AAC licenses in force.
                WeTek developed its own operating system - WeOS - based on Android, with an innovative and highly customizable UI.
                WeTek is a proud supporter of open-source initiatives and in that sense, our devices are prepared for Dual Boot with both LibreELEC and OpenELEC JeOS.

Aptoide - the largest independent Android app store - comes pre-installed with WeTek all media devices as a result of our strategic partnership, allowing our users to experience an amazing array of apps.

All of this is supported by regular OTA updates and premium class customer support.

Play 2:
                This powerful Android hybrid TV box, comes packed with features for the next level home theatre experience in glorious 4K/UHD. An internal modular tuner allows for worldwide satellite, cable, and terrestrial broadcast playback and recording.

Highlights:
                Optical out
                Modular tuner (DVB-C/T/T2 - DVB-S2 and ATSC)
                WeTV app with IPTV integration
                E2 downloadable lists
                Recording to external storage devices
                Web Interface for controlling the device via net browse within the same network.

Opportunities to improve:
                Even though our remote lacks the air mouse feature, our launcher is totally prepared for navigation with the directional keys. Plus, Aptoide allows you to install various AndroidTV apps.
                Such as Netflix (for Netflix, on Aptoide you need to disable the filter to access to our own store) To be able to accomplish this, open the AptoideTV app, head down to settings, select "Settings", then "Hardware Specs" and disable "Filter Applications".
                WeTeK is already working on a small fix with Aptoide to be able to have all the apps directly on the store.
                Android 5.1.1, in which WeOS is based can only take 2 HDDs at a time, HDD requires an external power supply
                If you need further assistance, you may find tutorials, alternative ROMs, community support and more at http://wetekforums.com
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The IPTV in wetv is really bad, and you cant reorder or even delete channels. I recommend progTV app instead.

​​​​​the compatibility with apps is great, as is the widevine drm etc. And the fact it is android not android tv means more apps work, and no need for side loading and weird launchers. Big plus over the nvidia shield.

​​​​

Comment

For iptv i use kodi, much better

Comment

Bit well Big OTA update today, running Android 6.01 looking ok...Installed easy
                      Netflix 4k, and other things yet to find all good.
                      Last edited by trebor; 06-13-2017, 21:51.
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

WeTek just released a new update for - Play 2 - featuring the highly anticipated WeOS 3.1 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
                        This new massive operating system upgrade allows users to experience Netflix in 4K directly on the device.
                        Play 2 owners just need to download the Netflix for AndroidTV version from Aptoide marketplace.
                        Other improvements include overall system stability with kernel fixes, various updates, and fixes for WeTV, as well as new Kodi 17.3 version and Aptoide’s latest update.
                        Users can now upgrade their devices to the latest operating system via OTA update directly from the box.

Name:	wetek.png
Views:	265
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	651708
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                        X