Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-view Droidbox (AMlogic s905)

Hi there.

My family ended up with 2 of these (long story).

They are AMlogic s905 based, with 8gb storage, 1gb ram, wifi, ethernet, 2 usb ports, 1 av port, sd card slot and a reset button.
    The remote control is barebones (dpad, center ok button, back button, menu/left click buton, home, mute, power, volume and cursor mode button).

The device comes with android 5.1.1 and sporting youtube/playstore/app install ui android tv.

It was widevine l3, so they shoved the phone version of the netflix app (from which my eyes cant notice if i am not getting full hd).

Our mayor grip is that when using netflix, controls suck. (using cursor mode is mandatory for play/pause, and sometims you get stuck in some point of the ui).

I installed a moded netflix for android tv app where controls rule, but... no more than 1 second playback because of L3.

Even with the remote for android tv app, netflix issues remain.

Then we applied a system update, google play and everything else besides youtube were converted to the android tablet ui and the android tv remove app compatibility is removed.No idea why x-view did that (can be reverted if i boot holding the reset button).

I was wondering if with this info i could get some directions towards some other model this sounds a clone of, so that i could try some newer firmwares, or even some custom rom (i am new to this, and i dont know if maybe some custom rom that makes it more android tv like could add support for casting to it? i own a chromecast, but my livingroom tv has only 2 hdmi and i cant use it here :P)

X-View Smartphones. Encontrá el teléfono indicado para vos. ZEN Element · ZEN Element+ · ZEN U5 · ZEN U5+ · ZEN Motion

ps: if what i want is posible, i will need to buy a USB a to USB a cable :P

Just noticed i have the google cast receiver apk installed by default, but i never saw the option to cast to it.

I installed the newest one and casting/connection fails.

Removed it and was able to cast from an ipad (pixel searchs eternally), iphone sees nothing to cast to.

Only in youtube, netflix sees nothing in all three devices

Comment

Working...
    X