Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED ON MY WAY problem after OTA update mecool KI Pro ethernet changed mac address after reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED ON MY WAY problem after OTA update mecool KI Pro ethernet changed mac address after reboot

Hello, i have this new box mecool KI pro, bought from geekbuying ,first setting the box was on last Saturday and it work very fine., it was rooted and installed on it firmware from 21 October so i made via root explorer complete copy for system folder.. but ... yesterday the Sunday i looked at update apk and it show me there update available from 31 October, and i gave it to update. if finished with out any distribution
    and keep playing after it restart..time to time.. to watch TV.. at night i noticed my router start play crazy either my pc. i loged inside the the router and found the catastrophic so many mac address and open ip to it on the router.. so i noticed this KI after each time i reboot or start it it change the Ethernet mac address.

i cleaned my router and resetting it too... installed Terminal on the box and tried to write the mac via busybox. it write it successful as when i "ip link show eth0 " show me the correct one i wrote..
    but when i reboot start again with funny mac address..

any one had glue or idea.. i did wrote to the seller e,mail but still no answer..

i would appreciated if some one have this problem before or way to stop it play crazy with eth0 mac
    thanks.
    Last edited by frake50; 12-11-2017, 22:15.

progress :
    i generate with Customization Tool key .img for the original mac. but when i upload it in usb burning tool asking for licences. .... any one tell me where i can have this to pass flashing the key.img
    thanks

Comment

Solved:
      How to:

i found firmware for Amlogic included manifest.xml ( this the licences ) where usb burning tool need it to accept the img

Any one can use it at any Amlogic dongle or box brand...

1- import the k1_mac.img after extract the zip eth0_mac.zip ... with Customization Tool ( i used 2.0.8 ) --- check only one box after you click on Load " Replace Uboot / Kernel"
      2- replace file from your original firmware which you need to extract it with same tool by check same section only Replace Uboot / Kernel"
      a- aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT
      b- DDR.USB
      c- meson1.dtb
      d- UBOOT.USB
      e- compare the data of "platform.conf" with yours original box ( you will find it at level1 after you used No2 instruction ) "99.9% Amlogic block same level"

dont touch other... use over write , never delete than replace..

3- repack and give low case short name like i did k1_mac.img

4- delete any file after you pack them inside usb burning tool licences folder and just copy there the file "mac_ether.ini"

5- edit "mac_ether.ini" with editor like Notepad++ all ab:12:cd:fe:34:d2 with your Original Mac address or any other you like
      [Group1]
      start = ab:12:cd:fe:34:d2
      end = ab:12:cd:fe:34:d2
      total = 1 ( don't touch or change.. this is the mistake where at other post when they post the way no one can say it.)
      used = 0 ( don't touch or change.. this is the mistake where at other post when they post the way no one can say it.)
      current = ab:12:cd:fe:34:d2

usb burning tool :

1- connect your box with OTG cable with reset push bottom , for K! need the adapter plug socket connected to the box ( no need to connect the adapter to wall socket )
      2- check box only write key and reset leave other as they are.
      3- some version of usb burning tool the option write key disable search and find one had this option
      press start . that's all it will take just second to write

Download

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Thank you very much. When flashing my TX3 mini boxes I selected "force erase all" option in USB Burning Tool and I ended up with all boxes with the same MAC address...
        This thread is extremely useful and should be highlighted.

I rewrote your procedure neatly, as I lost some time trying to understand some steps and finding the tools needed. Please check if I forgot something or I wrote something wrong.

Premise: you need a working firmware for your device in .img format (it should be the one you are using in the box). If you have this, you can go on.

1) download all the necessary tools from this link. This include the USB Burning Tool 2.1.2, the Customization Tool 2.0.10, a "k1_mac.img" file that we'll modify and a "mac_ether.ini" file inside the "license" folder;
        2) install the USB Burning Tool (not if you already have installed it) and the Customization Tool;
        3) open the Customization Tool, change the language from the second menu and click on the "Load" button, select only the "Uboot/Kernel" option and then open the original firmware .img file;
        4) the firmware will be unpacked in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\temp\level1", copy the "level1" folder on the desktop or in another position, then close the Tool and erase the "temp" folder;
        5) reopen the Customization Tool, click "Load", select only "Uboot/Kernel" and open the "k1_mac.img" file included in the downloaded file. It will be unpacked in the same location of the previous point.
        6) now you must overwrite the following files, copying them from the original firmware "level1" folder to the current "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\temp\level1" folder:
        a- aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT
        b- DDR.USB
        c- meson1.dtb (this could be called "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" in the original firmware, just rename it)
        d- UBOOT.USB
        e- platform.conf
        7) now click on the "Pack" button in the Customization Tool and save the file as "customac.img" or as you want (preferably only lowercase letters). Close the Customization Tool;
        8) open the downloaded "license\mac_ether.ini" file and change all the MAC addresses inside the file with the MAC address written under your box (or the MAC address you want to use);
        9) then copy the "mac_ether.ini" file in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\license" folder, start the USB Burning Tool and open the "customac.img" created previously;
        10) attach the device to PC while pressing the reset button (usually located under the device), then in the "Configuration" section of the USB Burning Tool uncheck all the boxes except the "Overwrite key" box, then start flashing;
        11) wait a few seconds and you finished, your device should now have a new ethernet MAC address

Comment

BubuXP that's perfect! Thanks for the explanation, it's working perfectly !

Comment

Could you help me how can i root my Scishion V88 tv box? I want a fix mac address. After restart has it another one.
            I tried the kingoroot and kingroot apk yet. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post
              Thank you very much. When flashing my TX3 mini boxes I selected "force erase all" option in USB Burning Tool and I ended up with all boxes with the same MAC address...

I rewrote your procedure neatly, as I lost some time trying to understand some steps and finding the tools needed. Please check if I forgot something or I wrote something wrong.

Premise: you need a working firmware for your device in .img format (it should be the one you are using in the box). If you have this, you can go on.

1) download all the necessary tools from this link. This include the USB Burning Tool 2.1.2, the Customization Tool 2.0.10, a "k1_mac.img" file that we'll modify and a "mac_ether.ini" file inside the "license" folder;
              2) install the USB Burning Tool (not if you already have installed it) and the Customization Tool;
              3) open the Customization Tool, change the language from the second menu and click on the "Load" button, select only the "Uboot/Kernel" option and then open the original firmware .img file;
              4) the firmware will be unpacked in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\temp\level1", copy the "level1" folder on the desktop or in another position, then close the Tool and erase the "temp" folder;
              5) reopen the Customization Tool, click "Load", select only "Uboot/Kernel" and open the "k1_mac.img" file included in the downloaded file. It will be unpacked in the same location of the previous point.
              6) now you must overwrite the following files, copying them from the original firmware "level1" folder to the current "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\temp\level1" folder:
              a- aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT
              b- DDR.USB
              c- meson1.dtb (this could be called "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" in the original firmware, just rename it)
              d- UBOOT.USB
              e- platform.conf
              7) now click on the "Pack" button in the Customization Tool and save the file as "customac.img" or as you want (preferably only lowercase letters). Close the Customization Tool;
              8) open the downloaded "license\mac_ether.ini" file and change all the MAC addresses inside the file with the MAC address written under your box (or the MAC address you want to use);
              9) then copy the "mac_ether.ini" file in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\license" folder, start the USB Burning Tool and open the "customac.img" created previously;
              10) attach the device to PC while pressing the reset button (usually located under the device), then in the "Configuration" section of the USB Burning Tool uncheck all the boxes except the "Overwrite key" box, then start flashing;
              11) wait a few seconds and you finished, your device should now have a new ethernet MAC address
              Hi BubuXP

??????May i know a script how to make fake mac address display when i plug in lan cable. Only for display on ethernet setting. Need to add or edit above mac_ether.ini?? Can u teach me

Comment

Originally posted by BubuXP View Post

a- aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT
                b- DDR.USB
                d- UBOOT.USB
                e- platform.conf
                Very good
                I heard that there are some cards that don't support the Mac loading process, I think it's the case with mine, did it give this error?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X