Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote control not working after ROM(s) flash

Box: Nexbox A95 1G/8G Amlogic S905 chip with RTL8189ETV

I was messing around with Linux ports for my box, checking which would have a working Wifi when I noticed that one of them messed up the Android in my box.

So I flashed the "original" ROM and everything is working fine except the remote. Since I think this box is actually a clone of the MXQ Pro 4K, I tried a few different ROMs for that box. All of them boot, work, even Wifi, but not the remote. For now I installed a custom Nexbox A95 ROM and all works fine expect, again, the remote.

Funny fact: If I suspend the box via reset button, the power button of the remote DOES turn on the box but after that nothing works anymore. And yes, I've checked the batteries.

Any idea of what's going on and how to fix it?

I was able to make the remote work again! I searched around the Internet for solutions, I found out that the remote.conf that was included in the ROMs was the wrong one for my box. After getting my factory code thanks to dmesg, I just had to search the web for one remote.conf for that code. I found one but the power and back key weren't working. More messing around with dmesg and I was able to get the correct key codes to edit my remote.conf.

I attached my remote.conf here because it might be useful for someone else with the same (or similar) box.

The factory code is 0x40400001

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X