Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M96X mini 2gb ram / 16 gb rom working firmware --> solution inside !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M96X mini 2gb ram / 16 gb rom working firmware --> solution inside !

Hi,
    I bought this tv box M96x mini 2gb ram / 16 gb and tried to rerplace the superuser app with super su and f**ked up the stock firmware. Now it stays on the boot animation like forever. The sad thing is that this box doesn't have a recovery and the only way to flash firmware on it is with Usb burning tool or Burn card maker. I tried flashing several roms for 905W or 905X and it booted sucessfully but there were some not working hardware like no wifi or no sound. The device is being sold as it comes with s905W SOC but it actually comes with s905X (or at least the newer boxes shipped this year do).

I posted this thread to ask you guys for help! Please share with me and for other people like me who want to restore their device to working order the stock firmware for this tv box. I cannot find it anywhere on earth. Please if somebody can make dump from their M96x mini tv box and share it with us it will be great!
    I found a way to dump this rom safely! Originaly the stock rom comes with superuser so you have a root access. Rashr app can flash twrp image to recovery and reboot to it sucessfully! Please if somebody has this device to use this tools and flash twrp and boot to it and make a backup to the stock rom and share it with us!
    Also if there is a compatible rom (custom or from other device) that is fully working with this device please share! Is there a way to export the wifi drivers from one rom and import them to another? How to find out the exact wifi chipset that is in this device ? I need the wifi and I choose to buy this box is because of it's 5ghz wifi. BIG THANKS!

13.07.2018 update:
    I managed to get the wifi working ! The wifi chip is HS2734A V15628 and I managed to install a rom from similar tv box with same SOC and wifi chip and this is the firmware that fixed my box --> s905xm82.M96X_MAX_7.1_2G_HS2734A_100M.2017.11.23.0 9.30
    Good luck everybody !

Here is link to the device specs:
    1514194252171656.jpg Descriptions M96X MINI is a high-performance TV box, which runs on latest Android 7.1 system. Large 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM capacity ensures more
    Last edited by unumfri; 08-13-2018, 09:15.

Hi can you send me this firmware I have the exact problem all other firmwares are extremely laggy.

Comment

Originally posted by DamionDeon View Post
      Hi can you send me this firmware I have the exact problem all other firmwares are extremely laggy.
      Just google this: s905xm82.M96X_MAX_7.1_2G_HS2734A_100M.2017.11.23.0 9.30

You should be able to find it! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X