Bricked A95X Pro (S905W)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked A95X Pro (S905W)

Hello guys, recently my box (it's labelled as OTT A95X Pro, has an S905W, 2gigs of RAM and 16gb flash memory) died probably because I plugged it out of power while it was updating (didn't do it on purpose) and it seems that I have a corrupt bootloader. I can only see a red light now with the blue light never coming to life. I have tried a lot of ways to recover from this but I always get to a dead end. These are the following things I've tried:

- Used USB Burner Tool from AMLogic, my computer recognized the box straight away but I always can't get pass 2% when burning an image. Have tried over 15 different images for S905w and over 5 different versions of the tool with no success. Also tried changing the cable and even connected the box straight to the PC's motherboard USB header. Have also tried to burn in Windows 10, 7 and XP, unfortunately with the same results.
    - Used AMLogic SD Card Burner, created the bootable SD card and actually the box managed to recognize it (blue light was on), but always after the updating screen I was getting an android logo with a cross next to it and was stuck there, like the image wasn't correct or something.
    - Decided not to flash a firmware at all and run LibreELEC (and CoreELEC) straight from an SD card. Downloaded the specific version for s905w, tried a lot of different devices trees (dtb files) but the box didn't even boot.

Before powering the box I was pressing the reset button for the recovery on the AV port. The only thing I haven't tried is short pinning but correct me if I'm wrong I think this is done only when your PC doesn't recognize the box, so I don't know if it will be any useful at all. Also I don't have a UART-USB converter, so I cannot connect to serial for terminal. Is there a way to recover from this? I'm in desperate need of help! Thanks for your time.

Images of my box:

https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1GOtIJ...kq6xGGpXaK.jpg

First, use this link to install this version of LibreELEC, if you haven't already done that........
    Hello, I have a chinese X905W box and wan't to install libreelec to it.Where to find the libreelec 8 image? Kind regards René
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Also, check out the atvXperience website for a modded ROM for your device..... If you are not able to download a ROM for your device, I may have one that may work.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I tried flashing atvXperience_v2C with an SD Card and this is what my screen looked like.

Will try to flash with the USB burning tool now.

Comment

Originally posted by M4son View Post
          I tried flashing atvXperience_v2C with an SD Card and this is what my screen looked like.

Will try to flash with the USB burning tool now.
          Not sure what that means......... Perhaps the guru Trebor knows.........

Comment

I tried flashing atvXperience_v2C ...
            Why are you trying to install preview-beta V2C image, rather install final atvX V2FF image ...

Comment

I have tried the final version and I was getting the same results, so I thought an earlier version would work.

Comment

...I was getting the same results...
                You should use burning tool and cable as recomennded method for install.

Comment

With the burning tool I always get stuck at 2%, dunno why.

Comment

With the burning tool I always get stuck at 2%, dunno why.
                    Post a link to the actual device that you have.

Comment

The device on gearbest:

It's labelled as OTT A95X Pro, but it looks exactly the same as a Newbox A95X pro. When opening it, the pcb inside says A95XA1_V2_0. I have attached some images on the first post, you can see it there.

*edit* I will post one more picture with the backplate of it as well, here's the link: https://snipboard.io/nqof2H.jpg

Comment

The device on gearbest:

It's labelled as OTT A95X Pro, but it looks exactly the same as a Newbox A95X pro. When opening it, the pcb inside says A95XA1_V2_0. I have attached some images on the first post, you can see it there.

*edit* I will post one more picture with the backplate of it as well, here's the link: https://snipboard.io/nqof2H.jpg
                        That is the exact one that I have.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That is the exact one that I have.
                          Alright, I will try flashing the images you sent me one more time, but now on another computer running windows 7. Windows 10 have driver signature issues so there's a small chance the drivers aren't getting installed correctly, therefore the only 2% completion.

Comment

When you have your box connected to your TV, can you get into the recovery menu?

Comment

No I cannot. The box is having only a red light when plugged in and has no output display, it's completely dead. Have tried to get into recovery with no success.

Comment

Working...
                              X