This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonh_Dimagio View Post
    my Android TV box is a Mini M8S with S905 and 2G/8G. i think the problem is not on WIFI but SetupWraith have some bug.
    Odd that I can't reproduce it on my end then. Is anyone else seeing this?

Comment

I had tested successfully flash the rom yesterday, however was stuck at choosing language wizard. Once selected a language, it just keep showing the same language selection page. I had tried to plug in LAN network still the same

Comment

Okay, I was finally able to reproduce it on my end...but only when I had no connectivity. Plugging in Ethernet allows it to proceed past the language selection, and wireless setup is available once you make it to the Settings or TvSettings apps. I'll look into this over the weekend, as it seems to have something specifically to do with WiFi configuration in SetupWraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Okay, I was finally able to reproduce it on my end...but only when I had no connectivity. Plugging in Ethernet allows it to proceed past the language selection, and wireless setup is available once you make it to the Settings or TvSettings apps. I'll look into this over the weekend, as it seems to have something specifically to do with WiFi configuration in SetupWraith.
          That is strange, I plug in my Ethernet it doesn't able to get past the language selection.

Comment

Is it possible to replace some files in the M8S update to fit with the mini MX3 ? If it's possible could you please say me which files i have to replace

Comment

top job tested both roms outstanding !

Comment

first boot takes a little but all ok !

Comment

Changelog (20170607):
                  • Enabled multi-user support.
                  • Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
                  • Reverted to AOSP keyboard, since Gboard just doesn't have the necessary D-pad navigation support. Leanback keyboard is still also available on TVStock.
                  • Resolved blocking issue with WiFi setup in SetupWraith that wouldn't allow progress past language selection.
                  • Removed several libraries that are no longer required.
                  • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170607).

Comment

Changelog (20170607):
                    • Enabled multi-user support.
                    • Added kernel module for many USB Bluetooth dongles (btusb.ko).
                    • Reverted to AOSP keyboard, since Gboard just doesn't have the necessary D-pad navigation support. Leanback keyboard is still also available on TVStock.
                    • Resolved blocking issue with WiFi setup in SetupWraith that wouldn't allow progress past language selection.
                    • Removed several libraries that are no longer required.
                    • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170607).
                    EXCELLENT, UPDATE ON ARRIVING HOME

Comment

Thanks for your effort. Can I use this image for my beelink mini MX iii (s905 - 2/16)

Comment

Originally posted by Agronur View Post
                        Can I use this image for my beelink mini MX iii (s905 - 2/16)
                        Yes, and my Beelink Mini MX III didn't even require a wireless driver update. (If you have a Qualcomm QCA9377 chipset, however, the Android 5.1 updater is available here.)

UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot that was using the Mini M8S remote. (I've got WAY to many of these boxes cluttering my office.) To use the original Mini MXIII IR remote, see below. Alternatively, you can use a Bluetooth universal remote, which is what I recommend.
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2017, 01:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Agronur View Post
                          Thanks for your effort. Can I use this image for my beelink mini MX iii (s905 - 2/16)
                          Remote will not work and power state is reversed(LED is ON when the box is OFF and LED is OFF when the box is ON).

I've made a patch for this based on Magendanz (very good) work .

I'm uploading files (3 files)

- Magendanz Android TV Stock MiniMx3 untouched
                          - 20170607 update modified with the remote patch for Mini MX 3 included
                          - remote patch solo

Unfortunately the remote mouse function doesn't work...

I'm not a developer, what i've done is DIY stuff based on Magendanz work...

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

(The stock firmware MINI MXIII_107L1_0425 is required to install those ROM)

Tips: Because the firmware of this box is a shit...If you want to use Kodi properly (without video stutter and poor WIFI) i suggest you to install LibreElec on SD card (dual boot, with LibreElec you can choose to reboot from internal)

Comment

Guest ,

Do you think it's possible to do something (rebuild or other thing) with LibreELEC files for Mini MX 3?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

No, but you could try to optimize the Android 5.1 kernel.

Comment

No, but you could try to optimize the Android 5.1 kernel.
                                Thanks, i will search if somebody has already did it and perhaps do it myself, but i'm noob and it seems to be a little difficult

Comment

Working...
                                X