Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no APKs distributed, only the OTA update (.ZIP file) and Amlogic burn package (.img file). Instructions on installing these are in the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      There are no APKs distributed, only the OTA update (.ZIP file) and Amlogic burn package (.img file). Instructions on installing these are in the first post.
      No, my idea is to install other applications such as apkpure.apk, KODI 17.apk .... or applications for androi tv box. In the previous rom I could not install those .apk files. The "There was a problem parsing the package" error even though I had enabled the install mode from an unknown source. I also can not download .apk files from the chorme browser.

Comment

My guess is that the APK you tried to install was targeted for an older SDK and the Android 5.0 package installer couldn't handle it. I did confirm on my hardware with a clean flash that I can sideload apps from the SD card using File Manager and downloaded from the Chrome browser.

Comment

install this rom to my mini mx3 and it work wifi work but speed test show 10mbps same as default firmware 107
          MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post
            install this rom to my mini mx3 and it work wifi work but speed test show 10mbps same as default firmware 107
            I've never claimed any performance enhancements. Since I'm using the OEM kernel, I expect speed tests to be pretty much identical.

Comment

My guess is that the APK you tried to install was targeted for an older SDK and the Android 5.0 package installer couldn't handle it. I did confirm on my hardware with a clean flash that I can sideload apps from the SD card using File Manager and downloaded from the Chrome browser.

I'm not sure about this. I downloaded the KODI 17.apk file on the kodi.tv web from my computer and put it on the SD card but still got the Parse error. When I loaded the browser chorme of the box, the message is not found SD card path. It's hard to understand.
              P / s: I am using rom MiniM8S_rv105L03_TVStock-20170304.img

Comment

Originally posted by vutiendung86 View Post
                I'm not sure about this. I downloaded the KODI 17.apk file on the kodi.tv web from my computer and put it on the SD card but still got the Parse error. When I loaded the browser chorme of the box, the message is not found SD card path. It's hard to understand.
                Are you sure you're not trying to install the 64-bit version? I just downloaded KODI 17.1 with Chrome on my Mini M8S, and it installed just fine. I am using the 20170313 build, though.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!

Comment

Are you sure you're not trying to install the 64-bit version? I just downloaded KODI 17.1 with Chrome on my Mini M8S, and it installed just fine. I am using the 20170313 build, though.
                    I'm definitely not a 64-bit version, because I installed it many times before on my Mini Box m8s pro (T95N). I think it was a software incompatibility issue on your android tv rom when I installed it on my TV box. Yesterday I tried to update file 20170319 build.Zip but could not, had the same error message as "just set device for P200 - 2G".
                    P / s: Last time when up rom I used USB Burning Tool v2.0.8 so I do not see any error. Should I try up rom 20170319 build .IMG? I would like to ask if P200 - 2G and P201 - 2G are two identical products but different factory? I think my T95N box is P201 - G.
                    Thank you!

Comment

The "T95N-2G" that I had (and have since given away) reported it's board as a p201_tn2 in the build.prop...which is very unusual. Honestly, I don't know if it's compatible with the p200_2G, but it's probably worth a try to update to the latest release using the burn package. (Strangely enough, I'm more strict on the compatibility checks on my OTA updater than Amlogic is in USB Burning Tool.)

Comment

I'm also getting Parse errors after downloading KODI 17 for Android from the KODI downlad page. This is happening on multiple downloads. Eventually I installed APK Editor Pro and went into the file to see what the issue was. When I opened the files the APK was blank with the header entries 'hello' and 'bruhahaha'. Any ideas where to get an uncorrupted version of Krypton.

Comment

Okay, at least I know that the problem isn't on the ROM side of things.

I gave you a link in my reply above to the official ARM release of KODI 17.1, but you can always get the latest from their download page.

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a try later on.

Comment

Great. Thank you Magendanz!
                              Everything is fine with my mini m8s pro box right after I Up rom TVStock 20170319 with USB Burning Tool v2.0.8 software. I have successfully installed KODI 17.1 from google play, the .apk files on the memory stick and USB are also installed without any difficulty. I'm very happy. Again thank you very much for the dedication to the community.

Comment

Okay, at least I know that the problem isn't on the ROM side of things.

I gave you a link in my reply above to the official ARM release of KODI 17.1, but you can always get the latest from their download page.
                                hi Magendanz.. can help out this wifi driver patch to your current firmware for mini mx3

i been using this wifi driver , it much more better than stock driver by beelink....thanks

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

MiniMX3_WiFi_Driver_Patch_FINAL.zip

MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Working...
                                X