This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    That's not a reference board designation that I've seen before. I'd expect something from the official Amlogic list here.
    Sorry i'm new to the tv box. how to check the ro.product.board? is it using software or check the physical box? I'm was using the BuildProp Editor app. Thanks

Comment

Unlike apps that you install via the Google Play Store, the OpenGApps from Google are preinstalled in the /system directory. You can uninstall them manually by deleting their directories in /system/app or /system/priv-app, which can be done in CMFileManager after setting Root Access.

Ok thanks a lot, what happens is that I just did flash from the atv rom I did not flash the gapps, what I did was go adding external programs not from google play. Such as mx player, arena4viewer, xmtv, etc, some of which I can not uninstall. I will try to use the method that the folder system. Best regards and thanks for your prompt response. Great work

Comment

Hello dear. I have the following question. I have this other android tv box, is it possible that I can put or flash the android tv rom ?. Please you could clarify to me. best regards

Comment

Hi ! i have a generic box that have amlogic s905 and the board is p201 it has 1gb ram an 8gb rom, should the rom work on it?

Comment

Originally posted by manal_vedder View Post
            I have this other android tv box, is it possible that I can put or flash the android tv rom?
            That's an S905X box, which uses the p212 reference board. This one won't work, but you should be able to install my Beelink Mini MX3 II/M8S II custom ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by aenema24 View Post
              Hi ! i have a generic box that have amlogic s905 and the board is p201 it has 1gb ram an 8gb rom, should the rom work on it?
              No, this is for the p201_2G and it's not compatible with the regular p201 reference board. I have one of these older p201 boxes lying around and have considered building Nano and TVStock for it, but it will be a few weeks.

Comment

You may have picked up that the most important factor on whether a custom ROM is compatible with a particularly device is what model Amlogic reference board they used. This can be found in the build.prop file recorded as the "ro.product.board" property. For descriptions of these reference boards, I've created a new topic here.

Comment

Originally posted by kokjin99 View Post
                  Sorry i'm new to the tv box. how to check the ro.product.board? is it using software or check the physical box?
                  Open File Manager, enable Root Access in settings, and then open the System directory. From there, just click the build.prop file to read it.

Comment

No, this is for the p201_2G and it's not compatible with the regular p201 reference board. I have one of these older p201 boxes lying around and have considered building Nano and TVStock for it, but it will be a few weeks.
                    Hi! thanks for the quick reply, do you know wich rom can i use in this box? the problem is that my tv box do not install android tv app (Like Netflix Android TV app) it says is incompatible and i have to use the regular phone version and is really annoying to use, you know what i can do? sorry for the bad english and thanks in advice

Comment

That's an S905X box, which uses the p212 reference board. This one won't work, but you should be able to install my Beelink Mini MX3 II/M8S II custom ROM.

okay. And where can I download that personalized rom ??, please can you indicate me. best regards

Comment

okay. And where can I download that personalized rom ??, please can you indicate me. best regards

Sorry hehe had not seen the link. I already found it. I'll try it and I'll let you know. Many thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by aenema24 View Post
                          ...the problem is that my tv box do not install android tv app (Like Netflix Android TV app) it says is incompatible and i have to use the regular phone version and is really annoying to use, you know what i can do?
                          Well, none of these Amlogic boxes other than the Xiaomi Mi Box ship with real Android TV, so the Play Store will only show the regular (tablet or phone) versions. You can sometimes bypass the store by downloading the Android TV versions from APKMirror, but that won't help you with some apps that will refuse to run on anything but "whitelisted" hardware. Unfortunately, Netflix is one of those cases. Someone might be able to hack a workaround in the future, but to my knowledge no one has successfully been able to get the Android TV version of Netflix running on an Amlogic TV box.

Comment

Dear. I managed to solve it, the problem was that I had corrupted the image, but I went down again and I followed the steps again and made it work, I was super good. I really appreciate your work as it works wonderfully even loading everything faster. Wow

A query exists some way to be able to install apk netflix leanback type and that this function even if only in sd or hd quality, but that is leanback type

friend. One thing I just realized is that after flashing my device, now the bluetooth does not work, is there any solution to that?. please please

Comment

hey magendan there is a 5.1.1 for mxq s805 posted on 4pda forums and tested it ... works good your could strip it down and make atv for s805

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                                ...there is a 5.1.1 for mxq s805 posted on 4pda forums and tested it ... works good your could strip it down and make atv for s805
                                Got a link? And is it different from AbdulLs MXQ 5.1.1 project here?
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2017, 23:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X