Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you use same google cast app from xda-developers website in your rom? I ask before I will try to install it .

Comment

And also please remove /system/bin/sh /system/bin/preinstallapps.sh script, because it is looking for /system/media/preinstallapps.tar which is not there and then it is running in loop and eating cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by lomidrevo2 View Post
        And also please remove /system/bin/preinstallapps.sh script, because it is looking for /system/media/preinstallapps.tar which is not there and then it is running in loop and eating cpu.
        Actually, both the preinstallapps and preinstalladdons services are declared as oneshot, so they should run only once. I left them in just in case someone wanted to create a custom ROM based on mine with preinstalled apps or add-ons.

Comment

Hi, thanks for this ROM Magendanz

I managed to install this ROM on Mini MX 3 with USB cable male/male only and i had to flash stock firmware before(perhaps the reason why sd card method didn't work) for information.

Unfortunately stock firmware is buggy, wifi is weak and video stutter...That's the reason why i wasn't on stock firmware (i was on minix port http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-twrp-recovery)

I have installed LibreELEC ( http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.0.1l/ ) too on SD card and i have no problem with wifi and video stuttering...

Is there a way to use another firmware or else in your ROM to avoid these problems ?

Comment

Originally posted by HiBoU974 View Post
            Is there a way to use another firmware or else in your ROM to avoid these problems ?
            Well, the only p200_2G boxes I have are the Mini M8S and Mini MX3. I'm currently building on M8S rv105L03, but had planned to move to MX3 107L1 because the Beelink stock firmware is generally better maintained (by Netxeon) than from other sources. (In fact, I started the p212 custom ROMs on Mini M8S II and moved them to the Mini MX3 II and was pretty happy with the result.)

Unfortunately, I ran into a bunch of issues with the MX3 transition, enough so that I set it aside. I don't know that it would have addressed your performance concerns, but I never really got that far. As it is, I'm hard pressed to spend any time maintaining the Android TV 5.1 boxes given how dated they are, so I can't promise that I'll even revisit the MX3 transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              Well, the only p200_2G boxes I have are the Mini M8S and Mini MX3. I'm currently building on M8S rv105L03, but had planned to move to MX3 107L1 because the Beelink stock firmware is generally better maintained (by Netxeon) than from other sources. (In fact, I started the p212 custom ROMs on Mini M8S II and moved them to the Mini MX3 II and was pretty happy with the result.)

Unfortunately, I ran into a bunch of issues with the MX3 transition, enough so that I set it aside. I don't know that it would have addressed your performance concerns, but I never really got that far. As it is, I'm hard pressed to spend any time maintaining the Android TV 5.1 boxes given how dated they are, so I can't promise that I'll even revisit the MX3 transition.
              Thank you for your quick and precise reply.

I think i bought the worst box lol...In fact for wifi issue, streaming 1080p video > 8 Go causes buffering and for video stuttering they append on youtbe, iptv and Kodi... (it's micro stuttering but very annoying)

I think i will buy a mi box but i'm disappointed with this beelink, "on the paper" it has all a box need. In fact it's hardware capable but not software :/

Best regards

Comment

I think i will buy a mi box but i'm disappointed with this beelink, "on the paper" it has all a box need. In fact it's hardware capable but not software :/
                Yeah, all the hardware specs on these Amlogic boxes are pretty similar and well suited for set top use, but the OS support is critical. They sell them as Android TV boxes when they don't actually run Android TV, and then they'll deprecate support for hardware so that the latest OS you can run is Android 5.1.

Right now the sweet spot seems to be Android TV 6.0.1 running on S905X or S912, and you're perfectly well suited with a 2G/16G config with DDR3 RAM....if you can find a real Android TV custom ROM for it. I just picked up a 2G/16G S905X (p212) box at Walmart for $32, and that will have Ethernet and MicroSDXC support (which the Xiaomi Mi Box doesn't). Soon we'll have real Android TV 7.1 running on s90x and RK33xx boxes, but I'm not convinced that the Nougat releases will perform any better than Android 6.0.1 because of them dropping the hardware acceleration codecs.

There's always going to be something better around the corner, but I'm still pretty impressed with what $32 will buy you. You just can't count on any software support other than what you'll get here on FreakTab.com.

Comment

I want to extend a special thanks to tillaz87 for all the work he did diffing framework resources, and I think today's update shows a level of UI polish that was missing before. (Now, if we can just figure out a way to reliably get certs for Google Cast Receiver, I'll consider this project pretty much complete.)

Here's a quick summary of the changes. As always, please let me know right away if you spot any issues.

Changelog (20170526):
                  • New Nexus logo splash and device name of "Nexus M8S".
                  • Added Leanback UI sounds.
                  • Modified build.prop to spoof the Nexus Player (fugu), which should circumvent some device checks.
                  • Modified build.prop to enable 4K output in YouTube for Android TV.
                  • Modified several UI settings (inc. animations & themes) in the framework to match those on the Nexus Player.
                  • Removed GlobalKeyInterceptor.apk and GamepadPairingService.apk, which are specific to Nexus Bluetooth remotes.
                  • Added kernel modules (device drivers) for Sony PS3 and Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
                  • Updated for latest Open GApps build (20170526).
                  • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0.
                  • Resolved issues with Google Keyboard and Google Leanback Keyboard, and so both are now available to set as default IME.
                  • Added SELinux security contexts during sparse file system creation.
                  • Fixed keyboard focus issue on first screen of Setup Wizard (SetupWraith).
                  • Fixed permissions issue with CanvasPackageInstaller.apk by signing with platform key.
                  One last request: I've now got a much better understanding of how to pre-load kernel modules so that drivers are present for any devices you might attach via USB. Other than game controllers, what devices of this type would you like to see supported?

Comment

no more support mini mx3?
                    MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post
                      no more support mini mx3?
                      You can still install this on the Mini MX3, but you'll need to install the wireless chipset driver patch. This isn't my patch, so you'll have to dig around to find the link.

Comment

You can still install this on the Mini MX3, but you'll need to install the wireless chipset driver patch. This isn't my patch, so you'll have to dig around to find the link.
                        I already got the driver.. don't no to patch it

Comment

I've tested it but i'm facing a boot loop right after choosing language, each time i choose a language it ask me again to choose language..

I've used this patch http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-twrp-recovery but i'm not sure this is this one i have to use...

Comment

I've tested it but i'm facing a boot loop right after choosing language, each time i choose a language it ask me again to choose language..

I've used this patch http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-twrp-recovery but i'm not sure this is this one i have to use...
                            I try that patch but not work

Comment

Sounds like SetupWraith is crashing trying to connect to WiFi. That driver patch probably isn't right for your hardware.

Comment

Sounds like SetupWraith is crashing trying to connect to WiFi. That driver patch probably isn't right for your hardware.
                                Yes, this is what i was thinking, but the patch works for the remote controller and i'm able to choose my language with it. Unfortunatly this is all that i can do, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X