[ROM Image Firmware] MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) - by cOOLio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post

These are from a S905 Nexbox A95/A95X which is a P201. Copy them both in the etc directory and also copy remote.conf over the file named something like ug_remote.conf , if that doesnt work then do the same with remote1.conf
    I had the same problem and it still did not after I replaced the remote.conf with the correct one. May be I need to replace the ug_remote.conf file instead. What is the ug_remote.conf for? I ended up buying another remote from China which worked with the firmware and hence no more fiddling around with the remote file

Comment

Originally posted by Badfrogg View Post
      Im trying. Don't really understand the file permissions. cant just simply copy and past... Thank you though for the direction.
      I ended up buying this remote online. I believe it works with this ROM. Just Google it

"Replacement-Wireless-Original-Android-TV-Box-Remote-Control-MXQ-PRO-4K-M8S-PRO"

Comment

Originally posted by Wildwind View Post

I had the same problem and it still did not after I replaced the remote.conf with the correct one. May be I need to replace the ug_remote.conf file instead. What is the ug_remote.conf for? I ended up buying another remote from China which worked with the firmware and hence no more fiddling around with the remote file
        Yes ug_remote is the one that matters. I just tried it yesterday. I replaced it with the remote1.conf from a Nexbox A95 (p201) and the remote works now.

Comment

The IR remote did not work for me (MXQ PRO 4k S905) Cant seem to figure out if there is a way to fix that or not.
          I just tried it yesterday, I copied remote1.conf to the etc directory, erased ug_remote.conf, renamed remote1 to ug_remote, changed the file permissions to match the original, and my remote worked on next boot.

Comment

I just dont know linux so I dont understand how to change permissions. thorough a command line I guess. I guess you need some kind of app for that. Terminal something and then type some commands... Guys. just be honest, I a moron and I should just buy a Fire TV from Amazon like morons do, right?

Comment

I just dont know linux so I dont understand how to change permissions. thorough a command line I guess. I guess you need some kind of app for that. Terminal something and then type some commands... Guys. just be honest, I a moron and I should just buy a Fire TV from Amazon like morons do, right?
              No, you don't need linux. use ES File Explorer. get the apk from apkmirror or elsewhere and install it, then enable Root Explorer within. provided you have root access you can to go the etc directory and copy/delete within and change permissions

Comment

I appreciate that you are trying to help me, i really do, but it is just not working. I cannot move or copy or do anything in the etc directory. I dont know how to get "root". I guess that means Administrative powers of some kind... When I search "Change Permissions in Android" or "Root Android"on google I get command linux style command prompt type of instructions. I dont get how I'm supposed to get into a command prompt with an Android TV box.

I bought this box a year ago and I have loaded 3 or 4 different ROMs on it, that part is easy, just follow the simple instructions, but there are no simple instructions for doing what you are trying to tell me to do. No ROM that i have tried has made this box useful. Either the network doesn't work or the remote doesn't work or nether work.

Comment

I appreciate that you are trying to help me, i really do, but it is just not working. I cannot move or copy or do anything in the etc directory. I dont know how to get "root". I guess that means Administrative powers of some kind... When I search "Change Permissions in Android" or "Root Android"on google I get command linux style command prompt type of instructions. I dont get how I'm supposed to get into a command prompt with an Android TV box.

I bought this box a year ago and I have loaded 3 or 4 different ROMs on it, that part is easy, just follow the simple instructions, but there are no simple instructions for doing what you are trying to tell me to do. No ROM that i have tried has made this box useful. Either the network doesn't work or the remote doesn't work or nether work.
                  You have to go to Settings -> Ugoos settings -> System -> ROOT and click Install Root. Then just open ES File Explorer, select Root Explorer on the left side scrollbar and then you can edit file permissions just by visiting the properties tab of each file.

Comment

Replacing ug_remote.conf didn't work with any of the two NexBox .conf files. I have also changed file permissions to match the original one. The remote still doesn't work and I don't know what to do. I have an MXQ pro 4k s905 p201 distributed by Zenoplige. Can somebody help me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Done View Post

You have to go to Settings -> Ugoos settings -> System -> ROOT and click Install Root. Then just open ES File Explorer, select Root Explorer on the left side scrollbar and then you can edit file permissions just by visiting the properties tab of each file.
                      Thanks you! That is what I could not figure out. "Ugoos" who would have thought.... However, now that i can finally copy and paste and overwrite files, it still does not make the remote work. I think i'm same boat as you and we have a funky version of the remote that just dosn't work with these files.

The only ROM that i have found to work with the remote is NEOMOE's but then i dont have any network with that ROM.

At this point, the amount of time spent, it is just not worth it. This box is gone to the junk bin and I'm going to take my life back. Thanks every one for helping. Hope all your hacking goes well. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Done View Post
                        Replacing ug_remote.conf didn't work with any of the two NexBox .conf files. I have also changed file permissions to match the original one. The remote still doesn't work and I don't know what to do. I have an MXQ pro 4k s905 p201 distributed by Zenoplige. Can somebody help me ?
                        You have to replace ug_remote. That's the one that counts.

Comment

Thanks you! That is what I could not figure out. "Ugoos" who would have thought.... However, now that i can finally copy and paste and overwrite files, it still does not make the remote work. I think i'm same boat as you and we have a funky version of the remote that just dosn't work with these files.

The only ROM that i have found to work with the remote is NEOMOE's but then i dont have any network with that ROM.

At this point, the amount of time spent, it is just not worth it. This box is gone to the junk bin and I'm going to take my life back. Thanks every one for helping. Hope all your hacking goes well. Peace
                          Yes you can make the remote work. As mentioned before take remote1.conf in what I attached, and rename it ug_remote.conf, delete the original ug remote from the etc directory and copy your renamed file over. Then change the file permissions to match the other files that are sitting there in the same directory, using ES File Explorer. Then reboot.

Now that you have root access and you can edit and delete system files, there's nothing that prevents you from doing this.

If you really want to toss the box and give up on it, I'd be happy to buy it off of you.

Comment

Ok very goof how can i donwnload

Comment

Can I install this rom on my Docooler M9S pro 2/16GB with s905? Board is also P201, and wi-fi is RTL8723BS.

Comment

I try again: "I have MXQ Pro 4k blue board, "MXQ Pro 20160118 V02". Can I switch on and off with default remote with cOOLIO's rom? With default ROM it isn't working."
                                Would anyone try on his own box? Only on and off (no sleep or suspend).

Comment

Working...
                                X