[ROM Image Firmware] MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) - by cOOLio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phaturia View Post
    Is it possible that this rom is compatible with my MXQ Pro+ Box? It's 2/16GB with S905 CPU and AP6330 (Broadcom BCM4330) Wifi Module. Is it worth a try or it would just brick my device? Thanks
    I'm on the same boat.
    Were you able to get your Wifi working with this ROM?
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RealGroovy View Post

I'm on the same boat.
      Were you able to get your Wifi working with this ROM?
      Thanks.
      As I remember it worked, but it was years ago. I don't have this box anymore, but in the end I used with LibreELEC only.

Comment

cOOLio
        Now that I've loaded your firmware I'm unable to remove it by my box's standard recovery. Which is to load the recovery img to SD card and power on holding the reset button.
        Your firmware ignores the powerup to recovery image, and also does not have the 'update/restore" app and if called from the settings, just quits.

Is there a way I can call this 'restore' function from within your running ROM?
        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Phaturia View Post

As I remember it worked, but it was years ago. I don't have this box anymore, but in the end I used with LibreELEC only.
          Hi Phaturia.
          Thank you for your reply and suggestion.
          Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by jajoness65t View Post
            Strange thing I notice today is there is no way to boot into flash mode. I was running Libreelec form an SD card and was able to boot to TWRP from SD card by toothpick way, but that doesn't work anymore. Not sure if when there is an update to this ROM I will be able to upgrade cause with toothpick trick just go to full boot up.
            Hi Jason,
            I also ran into this. Hoping to improve on the box last release updates, I decided to try this build. Sucks terrably, has most useful features and apps stripped, my BT/WiFi and also Eth hardware isn't correctly recognized and is unusable. And making things worse, I found I unable to roll out of it as cOOlio has stripped and locked out all upgrade and restore features! For example, the Settings -> more settings -> System update just quits to the home screen. Boy what a prick!

Were you successful at rolling back or to another Firmware version?

I've also tried installing amlogic and other Upgrade & Restore APK and the app runs, but the 'select' button is not able to 'browse' to any directory and finds nothing.
            The reset button on powerup is just ignored, booting to cOOlio's ROM everytime as the button didn't exist.

I really really regret having gone down trying this build.
            Thought it would be like any other I'd tried, where I can just use the reset button with an SD card holding my .img file of choice. Oh no, not with this baby. It has obviously been very much been wiped out.

I've never used the double male USB cable method, as its too complicated. Seems it's my only choice that might work.

Comment

HI IM LOOKING FOR LATEST FIRMWARE FOR MXQ PRO 4K BOX RK322X PRODUCT

Comment

Originally posted by Horechka View Post
                HI IM LOOKING FOR LATEST FIRMWARE FOR MXQ PRO 4K BOX RK322X PRODUCT
                You are in wrong section
                Go to Home
                Now move down to Rockchip Devices
                Try RK3229

Comment

Hello, I would like to know, if there is any chance to flash this ROM to Orange Pi PC.
                  It has the same SoC so I think it's possible.
                  Is this android tv ROM capable of Casting (mDNS or DIAL)

Update:
                  is this ROM for S905 or Allwinner H3 ?????
                  Last edited by wajda; 05-02-2020, 21:05.

Comment

orange pi = allwin or rockchip SoC.....
                    so this is amlogic ugooos .....
                    see first post

Comment

Hello,
                      Help! My MXQ PRO 4K 1G / 16G (CS_905MXQ_V1.0 2015-09-19) after trying several firmware, stops on the screen with the boot logo. Only AM2 rom is working.
                      https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/firmware-roms-tools-bj/662907-ugoos-am2-s905-android- 6-0-1-f-available-port-to-mxq-P201-and-other-s905-devices.
                      Version V2.5 MEE (cOOLio - good work) now also stops on the screen with logo, even though it worked before.
                      Please, what can I do to make my box work again?

Sorry for my English

Attached Files
                      Last edited by maja; 05-29-2020, 07:06.

Comment

Few problems like blue light s not turning into red when u switch off
                        wifi working excellent plus point with this rom
                        Stock keyboard better
                        few apk need tuning
                        But credit t developer done excellent job

Comment

Version V2.5 MEE (cOOLio - good work) now also stops on the screen with logo, even though it worked before.
                          i have try to reinstall but it gives error and do not install. Still stuck on logo. Please help!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by taitan.07 View Post
                            i have try to reinstall but it gives error and do not install. Still stuck on logo. Please help!!!!!!
                            Sometimes just a simple Hardboot works

Unplug wall adapter with power on/disconnect 5 volt cable.

Wait for a bit and let it Coooolio down .

Reconnect have paitience let it load /work
                            Will have to install all 72 /92 system apps,etc...

Can be 10 mins...

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

Sometimes just a simple Hardboot works

Unplug wall adapter with power on/disconnect 5 volt cable.

Wait for a bit and let it Coooolio down .

Reconnect have paitience let it load /work
                              Will have to install all 72 /92 system apps,etc...

Can be 10 mins...
                              Not working.. any other suggestion?

Comment

Sure
                                Go to page 1 of this thread and start reading.....
                                At least the first 6 pages...skim over all 23

scooter2014 or coolio may have mentioned something about sign in to store and update services...

Remember the license folder
                                I dont think cOOlio could have made it any easier
                                The folder is named
                                Place this in directory....or something like that

Keep in mind this is old box

Reflash your box and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                                X