Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charmandrigo View Post
    Hi!
    First I would like to report my experience!
    ROM works like described on my MXQ Plus 4K. But Remote didn't worked until Milan Petrovic posted the hotfix: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...176#post750176 So I recommend including that hotfix in next update

Also I have no Wi-Fi, system says I don't have any MAC address, here's my MXQ box specs:

Motherboard: S905_BOX_REV2.0 2015-08-27

Wi-Fi chip: RTL8189ETV F714M31 0F36
    To the developer of this rom, this is the stock firmware with the wifi driver of this box, please take a look, and hope an update fixes the wifi on this box: https://mega.nz/#F!m1dHRC6A!a33MtFSy...sJjlw?TgFH1SrB

Comment

You can unpack stripe down and just copy over from coolio rom

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
        You can unpack stripe down and just copy over from coolio rom
        Which file I have to exactly copy?

This worked to add the remote functionality to my tv-box, but not sure where the wifi driver is located and should be pasted on

Comment

If you have working wifi with the rom then just coy over those files from cooliio which he modified

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
            If you have working wifi with the rom then just coy over those files from cooliio which he modified
            Yes I know that but literally what's the exact route the wifi drivers are stored?

Comment

I do not know...

Comment

I have installed this ROM from this link and everything is working so it seems.
                https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...UZVVVltMndqakE

Here is the details of my box and picture.

MXQ Pro 4k 8GB/1GB Model. (https://ibb.co/bNSLHRX)

Model: MXQ-S905-D16
                Ver:1.0 Date:151021

from build.prop
                ```
                ro.build.display.id=p201-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20160312 test-keys
                ro.build.version.release=5.1.1
                ro.build.flavor=p201-userdebug
                ro.product.model=MXQ Pro
                ro.product.brand=Android
                ro.product.name=p201
                ro.product.device=p201
                ro.product.board=p201
                ```

I have installed this rom via Burn Card Maker (an alternate method) and it was successful. (https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...er-v2-0-2.html)

This is the setting of the Burn card Maker while writing this ROM on a SD card:

Steps:
                - Start the box in the Stock ROM
                - Enable Developers Option (https://android.tutorials.how/enable-developer-options/)
                - Connect to this box via adb over TCP

```
                C:\opt\adb>adb.exe connect 192.168.1.62
                connected to 192.168.1.62:5555
                C:\opt\adb>adb reboot update #to install coolio's rom
                ```

The box will reboot and start installing this ROM.
                - Once Rom installation finished take out the card
                - Reboot the box and wait for 5 mins to fully initialize.

Image IMG-6043 hosted in imgbb.com
                Last edited by hannah; 04-19-2019, 08:12.

Comment

I have installed this romsuccessfully on a MXQ Pro p200 board.
                  Here is the details of my box and picture.

MXQ Pro 8GB/1GB Model. (https://ibb.co/4Sqsdmm)
                  Model: CS_905MXQ_V1.0 2015-09-19 (Not 4K model)

NOTE: This is NOT a p201 board rather this is a p200 but this ROM still works.
                  I have installed this ROM from this link and everything is working except the Remote.
                  I have copied the orginal remote.conf (from stock rom) here /system/etc but the remote is still not working.

Question - How can I get the stock remote working with this ROM. I have the stock firmware.

I have installed this rom via Burn Card Maker (an alternate method) and it was successful.

This is the setting of the Burn card Maker while writing this ROM on a SD card:

Steps:
                  - Start the box in the Stock ROM
                  - Enable Developers Option (https://android.tutorials.how/enable-developer-options/)
                  - Connect to this box via adb over TCP

```
                  C:\opt\adb>adb.exe connect 192.168.1.62
                  connected to 192.168.1.62:5555
                  C:\opt\adb>adb reboot update #to install coolio's rom
                  ```

The box will reboot and start installing this ROM.
                  - Once Rom installation finished take out the card
                  - Reboot the box and wait for 5 mins to fully initialize.

Original build.prop from STOCK Rom:

```
                  # begin build properties
                  # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
                  ro.build.id=LMY47V
                  ro.build.display.id=p200-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20151226 test-keys
                  ro.build.version.incremental=20151226
                  ro.build.version.sdk=22
                  ro.build.version.codename=REL
                  ro.build.version.all_codenames=REL
                  ro.build.version.release=5.1.1
                  ro.build.version.security_patch=2015-11-01
                  ro.build.version.base_os=
                  ro.build.date=2015年 12月 26日 星期六 17:11:13 CST
                  ro.build.date.utc=1451121073
                  ro.build.type=userdebug
                  ro.build.user=kc
                  ro.build.host=kc-server
                  ro.build.tags=test-keys
                  ro.build.flavor=p200-userdebug
                  ro.product.model=AOSP on p200
                  ro.product.brand=Android
                  ro.product.name=p200
                  ro.product.device=p200
                  ro.product.board=p200
                  ```

Comment

Hello anyone,

I have installed this rom in this box MXQ Pro 8GB/1GB Model.
                    Model: CS_905MXQ_V1.0 2015-09-19 (Not 4K model)
                    NOTE: This is NOT a p201 board rather this is a p200 but this ROM still works.Everything except remote is working.

I have copied the orginal remote.conf (from stock rom) here /system/etc but the remote is still not working.

Remote is NOT working. Can anyone help please?

Comment

Mmh...curious...really? Maybe hardcoded remote in bootloader/DTB?

Comment

Is anyone having the same issue as me with the MEE build. After any prolonged inactivity and not being used, the entire system locks up and after unplugging and letting it sit for awhile it will only boot up to the screen where the 4 rotating color icons are. Only way to get it back is to reflash the whole things from scratch again. Anyone have any ideas on what the issue is? This is a great build and I would rather not have to look for another build.

Comment

I registered an account to thank you cOOLio. My box works perfectly on V2.5 MEE (MXQ Pro 4K -S905-4GB Rom-1GB Ram). Your Rom is very clean and stable. Your Rom has saved life MXQ box 3 years old. Great! Thank you very much!
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Hi I have mxq pro 4k s905 chip and rtl8189etv network, but 2.5 does not work with wifi and no remote control usage also plugged in mouse shows incorrect pointer position on screen, very hard to click onsomething and quater of the screenis accessible and it is 5.1.1, I need at least 6.0 android to upgrade, what FW can I get from where to flash for this chip? I did not find any good working one yet
                            Last edited by FotoAmg; 07-07-2019, 15:54.

Comment

Originally posted by FotoAmg View Post
                              Hi I have mxq pro 4k s905 chip and rtl8189etv network, but 2.5 does not work with wifi and no remote control usage also plugged in mouse shows incorrect pointer position on screen, very hard to click onsomething and quater of the screenis accessible and it is 5.1.1, I need at least 6.0 android to upgrade, what FW can I get from where to flash for this chip? I did not find any good working one yet

Yes it is still Android 5.1.1 but is made more clean and stable. Only with Launcher of Android 6.0 but that is not important because when using Box for a long time I need stability and clean. And the problem with rtl8189etv I really don't have a solution. Because cOOLio has stated all chips can work. I'm sorry with you.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new and I bring good news for all MXQ Pro Plus 4k S905/p201 edition owners!
                                I just managed to make this firmware work with my hardware.
                                It has some little things to improve, but I am providing the workarounds to fix them. Any suggestion is welcome

Install procedure is a bit different from the standard version, so I will paste here the bundled readme.txt which will explain how it works and how to install in detail:

Disclaimer: Install this software at your own risk. I am not responsible for bricked devices, hardware damage and failures, loss of data which may occur by following these procedures.
                                Please note that I am not a full time firmware developer, I just repacked an existing rom to make it work with my personal hardware and I think that sharing my work can make some people happy. Due to this, I can provide very limited support.

This firmware has been tested and working on this device:

* MXQ PRO Plus 4k, S905/p201 Edition, 2Gb RAM, 16Gb EMMC, AP6330 WiFi Chip, MX170 Board (No Reset Button)

BEWARE! DO NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE IF YOU HAVE A S905X Box! Commercial name is the same, but it has not been tested on S905X based devices and (probably) it will not work or it will brick your bootloader.
                                If you are not sure, please check your specs with CPU-Z or AIDA64, or better, by physically inspecting your board.

Features

* Full Android TV 5.1.1 Experience
                                * AbduL TWRP 3.0.2-0 Preinstalled
                                * Bundled codecs to offer the smoothest playback for this device
                                * Support for AP6330 WiFi Chip included
                                * Stock Remote Working

Known Issues

* DHCP not working oob (Use static ip or follow the guide to fix it after flashing)
                                * Bundled root utility not working (Workaround provided)

What is needed

* A TV Box listed in tested devices (Check Above)
                                * Male to Male USB 2.0 Cable
                                * A standard USB Mouse to fix DHCP and use TWRP
                                * A standard USB Keyboard (Optional)
                                * A USB storage drive (Optional, if you need to root the TV Box)
                                * USB Burning Tool v2.0.8
                                * This Package

Install Instructions

1. Download and install USB Burning Tool (Tested on 2.0.8), make sure USB Drivers are installed as well
                                2. Run USB Burning Tool, and set language to English (Second Menu Item, then English)
                                3. File -> Import Image, then select MXQ_PRO_PLUS_4K_p201_android_TV_by_Fuego_V1.0.img file, it is suggested to not touch
                                Configuration Options
                                4. Click on Start Button
                                5. Connect the USB Cable to your TVBox USB-4 Port (It is located on the same side where power and HDMI ports are)
                                6. Connect the USB Cable to your Computer, flash will start automatically
                                7. Wait for USB Burning Tool to flash your TV Box (Usually it is 2:30 minutes long)
                                8. Once the update progress bar is green and you get the Burn Success message, click on Stop button
                                9. Close USB Burning Tool and disconnect your TV Box

First Run Instructions

1. Connect HDMI Cable and Power Cord to your TV Box
                                2. Wait for the device to boot for the first time, note that first boot can be LONG, tipically 7-8 minutes long.

DHCP Fix Instructions

When this ROM is freshly installed, you may experience WiFi connection issues. They are caused by wrong permissions on
                                the dhcpcd-run-hooks file. Maybe they will be fixed in future versions oob (Any advice on how to fix it from inside the img file
                                is welcome).
                                You can either setup a static ip configuration or follow these steps to fix it:

WARNING: If TWRP asks to root your device, answer NO, otherwise your box won't be able to boot anymore and you'll have to flash the firmware again

1. Long press power button on your remote, then Reboot recovery, then OK. TWRP will launch.
                                2. Connect your USB Mouse since your remote will not work in TWRP
                                3. Swipe to Allow Modifications
                                4. Click on Mount Button and check System from the list
                                5. Go back with the navigation button located on bottom and go to Advanced, then select File Manager
                                6. Scroll down until you locate "system" folder and click on it
                                7. Navigate to folder /etc/dhcpdcd
                                8. Click on dhcpcd-run-hooks file
                                9. Click on chmod 755 and swipe to confirm
                                10. Click on Reboot System.

How to install ROOT

This firmware is not rooted by default and the bundled UGOOS Root utility will not work. I managed to root it only by using Magisk. Any suggestion to fix
                                this oob, is welcome as well.

1. Copy the file Magisk-v19.3.zip in your USB drive
                                2. Boot your TV Box normally and then long press power button on your remote, then Reboot recovery, then OK. TWRP will launch.
                                3. Connect your USB Mouse since your remote will not work in TWRP
                                4. Swipe to Allow Modifications
                                5. Click on Mount Button and check USB OTG from the list
                                6. Go back with the navigation button located on bottom and click on Install button
                                7. Click on Select Storage and select USB OTG, then OK
                                8. Click on Magisk-v19.3.zip if you have placed it on the USB Drive root, otherwise, navigate to where Magisk-v19.3.zip is located and click on it
                                9. Leave all options untouched and Swipe to confirm flash
                                10. Reboot System
                                11. If TWRP asks you to install SuperSU, click on "Do Not Install"

Special Thanks

Thanks to cOOLio who provided the original Android TV firmware for S905/p201
                                Thanks to AbduL who ported TWRP for S905/p201

Download Link: HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X