No announcement yet.

[ROM Image Firmware] MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) - by cOOLio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COOLIO, you're a f....g genius!!!! I thought that box was only good for scraps! And now it works as well as modern, I even specially registered on this site to thank you for the excellent work. If you still helped with a small problem off/on (when you press the power button only restart or sleep, and if a third-party application to turn off, it does not want to turn on the remote control), then I would be incredibly happy! Thank you again!

Comment

Hi all,

I seem to be having some issues with my box. For a while now my box was stuck in an endless loading screen of the MBOX Logo. So I decided to search around. Came across this topic and here I am now. (I have already tried a factory reset and cache wipe through the recovery menu first, since that didn't work i've been looking for software.)

I am using the SD Burn card maker to create a SD card to update my box with this 2.5 Missy Elliot firmware. I managed to succesfully set the firmware on my SD card.

Afterwards I put the SD Card in my box and I boot it in recovery mode through the reset button in the AV input. Now here is where it goes south for me, i think...

In a lot of the posts I have read that when booting in recovery the update automatically starts? This is not the case for me..
      I just come in the boot menu with the options to update from EXT, update from ADB and so on..
      Now logically speaking I thought Update from EXT would manually trigger this firmware to start updating, but when I click here I get "error loading /..." messages all over and it fails to initialize or recognize anything.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or why it's not working. This is my first time updating as well. I've thought about it being incompatible firmware so i downloaded 8 other firmware img files from gadgetreview (all box originals) and none of them worked. If I end up rebooting the box it just goes back to endless loading of the MBOX logo screen.

MY BOX INFORMATION I COULD RETRIEVE:

905MXQ_20160524_V1.2
      See picture. This is all I know since I'm not sure how to remove the plate without damaging it (it's glued stuck and never done this).

I also don't really remember which Android was on the device (I think Lollipop).

Can anyone tell me why it doesn't work? I have provided the screens in the pictures.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

KingRegent - From my experience, I know that the firmware through the sd card rarely passes correctly. You need to flash with PC in the beginning of the topic there are full instructions and all the software.

Comment

Originally posted by evilest62 View Post
          KingRegent - From my experience, I know that the firmware through the sd card rarely passes correctly. You need to flash with PC in the beginning of the topic there are full instructions and all the software.
          Yeah, I kind of noticed that. In the end I got it to get to the upgrade screen somehow after formatting my SD card to another format.. Sadly, my joy was very briefly celebrated since 1 second after the upgrade screen I just lost all visuals and it went to my TV "select source screen" so it had no more HDMI input and 40 minutes later the screen just stayed like that.

Now, no matter how often I do the reset cycle or try to get in the recovery mode - it doesn't. So I'm guessing I can't get it fixed anymore. I'll just buy another one.

Comment

KingRegent
            Don't give up! Try using a PC! But if you are going to buy with processor s905x2

Comment

Hi, all.
              Thank you cOOLio for your hard work. The firmware works great on my box (the pics are available in the post)
              The only problem was the launcher. After searching the topic I've understood that there is no obvious way to change it. I agree with cOOLio that a built-in ATV launcher is not bad at all, but it is rather hard to explain to my mom who has already used to something else.
              So I've found a solution with no root required (source).
              1. Install your favorite launcher, and check that it works.
              2. On your MXQ PRO 4K device, go to Settings
              3. Under the Device heading, select About
              4. Scroll down to Build, and press the “A” button (or mouse click) eight times. (A message will tell you that you are now a developer.)
              5. Return to the main Settings menu and select Hardware under Ugoos Settings
              6. Set the USB switch to OTG value
              7. Return to the main Settings menu
              8. Under the Preferences heading, select Developer options
              9. Select Debugging, then select USB Debugging, then select On
              10. On your PC, download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
              11. Connect the MXQ PRO 4K device to the PC with a USB cable
              12. On the PC, launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot
              13. In the command prompt, type adb devices
              14. Verify that a device is detected (it should appear as a string of numbers)
              15. In the command prompt, type adb shell pm hide com.google.android.leanbacklauncher
              16. Now when you press your device’s home button, it should return to your alternative launcher. To get the standard launcher back, return to the command prompt and type adb shell pm unhide com.google.android.leanbacklauncher.
              17. You can set the USB switch back to Host value

Good luck

Comment

Hi, did anyone try this on a T95M device? Mine has p201_8723 versión. S905v1.2. Thanks in avance if you have any info.The T95 has the same remite, but has a frontal display
                I'm using it on a mxqpro and works perfectly

Comment

Thanks cOOLio,

Your rom works fine on my Amlogic MXQ-Pro 4k S905. It is much faster than the stock rom. The remote that came with the box does not work anymore. Not a big deal. I “resolved” it by adding an Leelbox MXQ-Pro device to my Logitech 300 remote. The Logitech works fine with the rom.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Rudiboy

Comment

Thanks cOOlio and for your hard work.

Your ROM is working on my box - MXQ Pro 4k - MXQ-S905-D16, Ver 1.0, Date 15-10-21

Still hunting for the original ROM for this box as I've never had it working fully with one.

Yours is the only one the wi-fi works on! :-)

Comment

Original ROM its crap! But if you need ....:https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=723156

Comment

Thanks?

Comment

Is there any chance that c00lio will revive our S905 Boards (MXQ Pro) with a new firmware?

There is an firmware with Android 6.0 and it runs smooth... but it lacks drivers for ethernet and WiFi ...may be we can combine our power to include some realtek drivers and make andoird 6.0 work for our boards.

proove and a bit deeper look you will find here: http://mxqproject.com/mxq-pro-s905-a...pdate-sort-of/

Anybody who is a bit more into Android and Rom development would help a lot (i am pretty sure i can help with test and error search as a it professional but i am clearly the microsoft corner regarding OS, ROMs and such ...yes yes windows is meanwhile dead on mobiles i know )

THX in advance

Comment

Hi, this rom has worked well for me for a number of years now, thank you, but I have a need to install coreelec, and it seems that, when I insert an SD card the box will no longer boot from it but instead it simply starts android. Is this simply a fault on my box, or is there something I can do to get it to boot from the SD card?

Comment

Hi everyone!!!! New in this forum ....

I have an NEXBOX MXQ PRO and i tried the rom from coolio...

The think is that it is booting and goes into menus and everything works but only with mouse no remote

So i have 2 issues :

1. No remote so the only way to power up is plugging the power
                              2. Only red light - before when it wan on has blue light

Can you help?

Thanks in advance

Comment

My box has the S905, but with WiFi and BT chip AP6330.
                                How can I add this driver for your firmware to work my Wifi chipset?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X