This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] MXQ Pro Nano and TVStock (Android TV) Nexus ROMs

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these custom ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed. The Nano variant also serves as the foundation for the TVStock ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

TVStock variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • File Manager v3.0.0 and Sound Recorder v6.0.1 from CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    • Terminal Emulator for Android v1.0.70 by Jack Palevich
    • TWRP Recovery 3.1.0-0 from TeamWin
    Changelog (20170429):
    • Initial build made from latest MQXPro firmware (105L01) and Open GApps build (20170429).
    Known Bugs:
    • Cast service can't get a Cast device cert through ClientAuthSigner except when casting from Chrome browser.
    • The DroidLogic system control that Amlogic put into their SDK doesn't allow substitution of the AOSP keyboard, which is a problem for the LeanbackIME.
    • To make Live Channels app visible in launcher, add a channel source like Haystack or Pluto TV.
    Download:Notes:
    • The OTA update is signed, and so can be installed in the Update & Backup app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's intended for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. Bootloader, logo, boot partition and system partition are included, but not recovery.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2017, 21:37.

Hello, I tested this rom on my mxq pro, I see well the logo android, but just after I have a green or pink screen. I tried to install it several times. Do you have an idea about my problem? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by gawin View Post
      I tested this rom on my mxq pro, I see well the logo android, but just after I have a green or pink screen.
      Are you using a Sony or Philips TV? These need an RGB fix, and the symptoms are similar to what you describe.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I tested with 3 screens Philips, Blaukpunt, Polaroid same effect

Comment

I just did another clean flash of the ROM on my MXQ Pro, and while I saw a quick pink/green flash when the Amlogic splash first was displayed, everything clears up within a fraction of a second. Since there's really no change in the kernel from the stock OEM firmware, I'm hard pressed to guess what I might have broken. Can you please confirm that the problem doesn't occur with the latest OEM firmware?

Comment

Would you recommend this or any other for the MXQ QuickPlay?

Comment

Originally posted by arcorsai View Post
              Would you recommend this or any other for the MXQ QuickPlay?
              Yes, that's the hardware and OEM firmware that I built this on.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                Yes, that's the hardware and OEM firmware that I built this on.
                Awesome, thank you for this and all the other work & support.

Comment

It gets stuck at language screen no matter what u do cant move forward on the tv variant

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                    It gets stuck at language screen no matter what u do cant move forward on the tv variant
                    Yeah, that was a bug with WiFi setup from SetupWraith that was fixed for the Mini M8S, but I haven't gotten around to fixing it here. The workaround is to connect Ethernet to get through the setup wizard. Alternatively, you can just delete SetupWraith.apk from /system/priv-app in TWRP.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2017, 23:41.

Comment

Got it working but wifi doesnt work... i have mxq pro 4k model

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                        Got it working but wifi doesnt work... i have mxq pro 4k model
                        Yes, that uses a different wireless chipset. You'll need to copy over the kernel module (.ko file) from your original ROM (and maybe make some tweaks to the wpa_supplicant.conf). Unfortunately, porting these wireless drivers isn't trivial. Sometimes you need to bring over the kernel too.

Comment

can you make an update zip just to add the wireless drivers .... i tried to add with amlogic customization tool but repack issues

Comment

I'll be fixing the WiFi setup bug, but nothing else for this old box. I just don't have the bandwidth to maintain these old Lollipop builds, much less improve on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                              I'll be fixing the WiFi setup bug, but nothing else for this old box. I just don't have the bandwidth to maintain these old Lollipop builds, much less improve on them.
                              I have a K3 the rom looks great but same Issue no wifi or ethernet.

Comment

Working...
                              X