This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Is this rom compatible with MXQ Pro 4K 1G RTL8189 ?
    Thanks

Comment

It got it installed but on the first setup when selecting the language it says: unfortunately setup wizard stopped working. I cant get further. Any suggestions?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jaron View Post
        It got it installed but on the first setup when selecting the language it says: unfortunately setup wizard stopped working. I cant get further. Any suggestions?
        See comment #10 above. If you don't have Ethernet to get past this in setup, you can replace SetupWraith.apk from the version in the latest Mini M8S build.

Comment

Hi Magendaz,

I'm really lost in all these MQX Pro versions !

I have a MXQ Pro+ 4K box (S905, working halfly, even with sd-robot firmware).

Is this ATV firmware compatible, please ?
          If no, did you know any ATV firmware for my box ?

Thaaaaaanks !

SD (not robot).

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can get USB Burning Tool to flash it, then it will probably work. You may need to fix the wireless drivers and/or IR remote config file.

Thanks !

Soldered yesterday a reset button to be able to use USB Burning Tool.
          The software recognize my box, but i was not brave enough to start flashing ! =<B^)

So, i have the remonte.conf from my libreelec SD image.
          For wireless, hope it will work out of the box (else i will have to investigate how to change it !)

If not bricking my box with USB Burning Tool, i can always return to stock or SD-Robot andro firmware.

Will give a return as soon as i can try the flash!!

Comment

Hope i can have some time to try to flash this evening (my week-ends are heavy calendar loaded, at this time ! :-).

Yep, i've read on M8S thread about mask rom mode with amlogic box, but shorting pins is always scary

Comment

I hope you're not expecting an update to this custom ROM from me. The old KitKat ROMs aren't getting any attention anymore, since they're just so old.

Comment

Hi Magendaz !

No update needed, just hoping to have a working rom for a dusty box.

MXQPro+4K are reputed unstable hardware boxes.
              If an AndroidTV can work on it, to have some VOD, it could be great.
              (it's for a bed-tv, and wife is not geek. So she need a really easy and usable system).

Else Libreelec will stay the only working option, with KODI for videos on NAS.

You know, i'm a "simple" guy that like simple things.
              If it works, it's great ; if not, i was a great test :-D
              You make an incredible work with your work, i will never be bad with you !
              (ps : M8S ATV rom is so cool !!!!)

Comment

Hi all

I have on of these mxq pro 4K s905x with android 6.0.1 on it and it dosn't have update backup app. I can not root it or install twrp or any rom.

The box does not boot into sd card but boot always into recovery and when I tried to install the rom from the recovery, it does not pass verifying update package stage.

I try with usb bunnig tool but my box is not recognised . I try also adb sideloader but the same problem, adb can not connect to the box or when it boot to system i can enable adb via an apps wich let me connect or deconnect the usb connection.

Could you please help me flash this rom. or an other rom on this box as the one install is buggies.

Many thanks,

Farid
                Last edited by m2farid; 11-15-2017, 21:42.

Comment

using an old mxq and this rom is great, but again lan port on this also does not work. usb ethernet works with no issues.

Comment

Is it works for a MXQ pro+ 4k?

Comment

Working...
                    X