MXQ Plus Amlogic S905 (not S905X) Android 6.0 Firmware Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Plus Amlogic S905 (not S905X) Android 6.0 Firmware Pack

I bought this MXQ Pro + 2/16 last year, installed sd-robots firmware on it and gave it to the in-laws for Christmas.
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_354314.html
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1487069977381878353.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.5 KB ID:	660012

I came across this firmware a while back and was wondering if anyone of you had tried it yet. I don't see an X after the S905 in the decritpion. I searched the forum and didn't find any mention of it. I hope it works on the MXQ Pro + 2/16 and can be ported to other S905 devices.
    1652503 MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 ROM Android 6.0.zip

http://www.gearbest.com/blog/downloa...rmware-pack-56

MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 Android 6.0 Firmware Pack

by Adeline Belluz 2016-10-15
    This is ROM Firmware Pack for MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905. Download here for free as you need once you are logged in.

Cautions:

1. Prepare a computer, your device and a working USB cable.

2. Ensure your device has at least 50% battery in case it might be shut down during the updating process. (or plug your device in the power socket near your PC)

3. Do remember to backup your important files in your TF card or your PC in case of the data lost which might be happened during the updating process.

4. Do follow the updating operation guide and operate correctly.

5. Do NOT do any operation on your device during the device updating process in case of updating failure.

6. Other cautions when needed due to the specific updating process or product. Download Here:

MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 Android 6.0 Firmware Pack

Last edited by WongHungLo; 08-07-2017, 05:45.

From what I can see from a vendors site description, the key differences between the two boxes is that the non plus model only has 2.4Ghz WiFi, No Bluetooth and less RAM and storage.

With yours having dual band wireless, this element (and BT) is unlikely to work with the other firmware because of a different WiFi chip.

But I am going by the vendors advert, which is not always accurate.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

The firmware description says it's for the plus model and this is what Gearbest describes the box that I bought.

MXQ Pro+ TV Box 64Bit Android 5.1

Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2GB RAM 16GB ROM 2.4G 5.8G Dual-band WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity Support 4K

Comment

But not the Pro + version.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I didn't notice that. After a quick search, I see that they snuck in a newer MXQ model in there.
          http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_278488.html
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1451946568200663836.jpg
Views:	7073
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	661318

I just wish that some firmware guru could port the Marshmallow rom to other S905 devices and make flashable patches for the different WiFi chipsets.

Comment

I have just bought an MXQ Pro Plus 4K with 2GB RAM, 16 GB ROM, Amlogic S905 processor running Kodi 15 on Android 5.1 OS. Would like to upgrade OS and Kodi thereafter. All upgrade instructions that I have read refer to a reset button inside the AV socket. My unit does not have this button. How can I upgrade the OS?

Comment

Hi I want firmware for Mxq 4k H.265.

Comment

Working...
              X