Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos AM2 S905 Android 6.0.1 FW available - port to MXQ P201 and other S905 devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos AM2 S905 Android 6.0.1 FW available - port to MXQ P201 and other S905 devices?

Hi All,

I hadnt seen any posts about this. This seems to be the only Marshmallow firmware there is for Amlogic S905 boxes. I know people have ported Ugoos AM2 firmware in the past.

Is there anyone that can port this to MXQ Pro P201 or what would I need to do? It won't flash directly of course. But I am able to use the Customizer Tool and build my own IMGs.
    Android 6.0.1 Firmware V1.1.1 for AM2 440.33MiB 21/06/2017

I can brush the machine directly and turn on the machine properly, But my WiFi is mt7601, the cable is hundreds of megabytes, M2 cable is Gigabit, then the remote control can not boot. Others are normal
    Sorry, my English

Comment

Originally posted by 251643711 View Post
      I can brush the machine directly and turn on the machine properly, But my WiFi is mt7601, the cable is hundreds of megabytes, M2 cable is Gigabit, then the remote control can not boot. Others are normal
      Sorry, my English
      Ok, I found a second Android 6.0 rom for S905:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 Android 6.0 Firmware Pack

Comment

p201???????

Comment

Hello there, I am a newbie when it comes to modding and porting roms but I have been trying to port the Ugoos AM2 rom to a Nexbox A95X (1GB/8GB).
          I already fixed the remote control but I am having problems with the WIFI.

My box has the Realtek 8189es chip and the AM2 rom has the 8723bs.

I tried to just add the 8189es.ko which I got from the official nexbox rom (Lollipop) in system/lib but it doesnt work.
          What else should I do?
          Anyone managed to get the wifi working?
          Can we simply add a .ko module into system/lib without modifying other files?

I think I should also copy the kernel folder from the original rom, but its a Lollipop rom, I dont know if this will work.

EDIT 1:

After further digging, I managed to read the dmesg log and found this :

Code:
          [   19.460975@1] 8189es: Unknown symbol wifi_setup_dt (err 0)
          [   19.461052@1] 8189es: Unknown symbol wifi_teardown_dt (err 0)
          After a google search, I came to the conclusion that this kernel module (8189es) was compiled for a different kernel, which makes sense because this was copied from a Lollipop rom.

As of my understanding, all I have to do is find the 8189es.ko module compiled for kernel 3.14.29.

EDIT 2:

Managed to get a good kernel module for this kernel.
          I extracted it from the "MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 Android 6.0 Firmware Pack" posted above.
          I have wifi working but the ethernet is not. It doesn´t work just by plugging the cable and the AM2 Settings app does not have any configuration available for Ethernet.

Does anyone have an idea on how can I get the ethernet configuration screens?
          I suspect I have to decompile the TvSettings, Settings or SettingsProvider but I have no ideia what to look for.
          After decompiling with apktool and searching the contents of the res folders for the terms like "network", "ethernet" and "lan" got me nothing usefull.
          Do I need to enable ethernet somewhere else?
          Last edited by satanuke; 09-01-2017, 02:23.

Comment

Can these firmwares boot off of an external storage, i.e. SD card and/or USB memory stick, sans flashing to internal storage?

Comment

I installed AM2 Ugoos rom to nexbox A95X s905 but the wifi is not working. Can anyone post the 8189es.ko driver file? Not sure how to extract it from the MXQ Plus zip file mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by vangal View Post
                I installed AM2 Ugoos rom to nexbox A95X s905 but the wifi is not working. Can anyone post the 8189es.ko driver file? Not sure how to extract it from the MXQ Plus zip file mentioned above.
                Can anyone help ? How can we get the wifi worked on MXQ Pro box ? I also tried both AM2 and AM1 on my MXQ box and Q9 box but no wifi and ethernet working on any of those. The Marshmallow update is amazing and have so many excellent features but it can be no use without an internet connection.

Comment

Install the coolio's Android TV rom and wifi works

Comment

Saw this thread and I had to put my 5 cents in,I dug out my old Qbox S905 with 16gb and 2gb ram (as I was trying to find a port of the atv xperience for the S905 )tried both the AM1 and AM2 on the Q-box, the AM1 worked but no Bluetooth, then tried the AM2 both WiFi and Bluetooth worked.but on the AM2 downloading from play store was slow but downloading from websites and using play store via a browser was quicker.at least I updated my Q-box to 6.1,and if you find the firmware for the AM1 with the lean back launcher,that also installs but again no WiFi.oh yes,the installed root on the AM2 is faulty as it's super su, and it keeps asking to update the binary but doesn't. I used this thread to fix it. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...rom-xda-repost it also has a twrp recovery that works.

Comment

Has anyone gotten this to work with the mxq pro 4k p20x? I cannot get wifi to work on my box with AM2. AM1 does not work.

Comment

Hi all,

I have succesfully installed AM2 v1.1.1 andoird 6.0.1 into my mxq pro 4G S905 the luncher is very fine and the box is fast but no wifi no ethernet :-(

Have someone found the solution please.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by thehou View Post
                          Hi all,

I have succesfully installed AM2 v1.1.1 andoird 6.0.1 into my mxq pro 4G S905 the luncher is very fine and the box is fast but no wifi no ethernet :-(

Have someone found the solution please.

Thank you
                          The reason is the firmware doesn't contain the wifi and ethernet driver your device uses and also the dtb is different.
                          Nothing you can do as these ROM's are also most likely abandoned and no one is going to look at 4 year old firmwares to fix it since they already bought new devices.

Comment

Working...
                          X