Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseo85 View Post
    Hi! I have the same problem than you nwizard , Yesterday i installed Nexus (without TV version) over the original firmware. After that, I tried install NEXUS TV Version but when i select zip to install it, the box restart into recovery mode (TWRP) but i can't mount any partitions. I can't do anything. Wipe doesn't work either.
    Did you find the solution?

I have a M8S PRO W 2GB/16GB

Thank you in advance!
    no, not yet. Just hope that Magendanz will help us...

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I'm at a loss. I can't think of anything I'm doing that would wipe all partitions. The remedy, however, would be to install from a burn package (which will restore the partition map).

I have tried to burn another image but my pc not recognize the box now

Comment

ok, got it. Tanks, Magendanz. But I need .img version of your Android TV version anyhow not the OTA one...

Comment

Yes,yes .which the page is not found

Comment

Originally posted by nwizard View Post
    ok, got it. Tanks, Magendanz. But I need .img version of your Android TV version anyhow not the OTA one...
    Found the pins, the device is recognized. Process stops at 4% with error. I have 1/8 M8s - this is can be reason ? Or I need to give external Power ?Click image for larger version

Name:	androidTV.PNG
Views:	1280
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	765917

Comment

Done. I did it. Just to connect external Power supply after proper detection. USB burn tool has to be run with Admin rights.Click image for larger version

Name:	androidTV-success.PNG
Views:	1410
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	765919

Comment

Originally posted by Perseo85 View Post
        Hi! I have the same problem than you nwizard , Yesterday i installed Nexus (without TV version) over the original firmware. After that, I tried install NEXUS TV Version but when i select zip to install it, the box restart into recovery mode (TWRP) but i can't mount any partitions. I can't do anything. Wipe doesn't work either.
        Did you find the solution?

I have a M8S PRO W 2GB/16GB

Thank you in advance!
        The Solution:

WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with

Comment

Originally posted by nwizard View Post

Found the pins, the device is recognized. Process stops at 4% with error. I have 1/8 M8s - this is can be reason ? Or I need to give external Power ?Click image for larger version  Name:	androidTV.PNG Views:	104 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	765917
          do you remeber which pins yo used?

EDIT: Done, i've unbricked my box. Not sure wich are the pins. I used ROM from this post https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...415#post782415 . My board is REV2.3.
          Last edited by kekoha; 08-31-2019, 18:22.

Comment

Hello all!

So a few weeks ago i tried flashing this Rom on my Mecool M8S Pro W and was able to do it successfully. Since i first installed TvStock Rom through OTA, then i had to flash this Rom using the Burning Tool. Today i tried flashing directly through OTA this ROM on a friend's Box, which is exactly the same model as mine and after updating, the box shows no signal and jeeps with a red light.
            Tried to short pin to make the device recognized on the computer but, unfortunately it isn't recognized. tried this in 3 different computers with the same outcome.
            Do you guys have any suggestion, can the device be unbricked?
            Thanks

Comment

Sir cau u give me bluetooth driver as a update zip..i wanted to be on stock. My device m8 s pro plus s905w..m8s pro w stock doesn't have bluetooth drivers..thanks..

Comment

Hi @Magendanz ,
                I installed this rom to a Mecool M8S PRO W.
                I have the same issue with TWRP not mounting but it really isnt a serious issue.
                I have the same behavior as netflix with other users in the ATV topic.
                Netflix logo and black screen after this.
                Also there is a strange behavior in other DRM streaming app. (no overlay menus for pause, play etc)
                The box has been unrooted fro stock root, has magisk on it, oem libcrypto bisabled from magisk, magisk hide working.

Do you have a clue on why it is happening?
                My regards.

Comment

Working...
                X