Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hash95
    replied
    WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with

Hi,
    Is this last image version compatible with the newer hardware (rev 2.2)?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with the S905W chipset, since these are basically just rebranded M8S PRO W boxes.

Changelog (20190216):
    • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180827.121904.V0213).
    • Now includes Miracast app and Bluetooth dongle support for voice remote.
    • Developer Options now visible by default.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 with latest OEM kernel on OMNI twrp-8.1 branch.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20190209).
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
    • Not all USB Bluetooth dongles will be recognized, but I'll be adding more drivers as I find them.
    Download:

Leave a comment:

• noths
    replied
    Originally posted by apotsi View Post

Excellent suggestion. Thanks a lot, my friend.

Now... as I am a noob ...
    I downloaded "CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.99.2-S905.img.gz" stable from the CoreELEC website. In the instructions it says to download the correct device tree. But there is none for the Mecool M8S Pro W in this page.
    As part of the CoreELEC install process you are required to copy a device tree from the device_trees folder on your sdcard/flash drive to the root folder of your sdcard/flash drive and rename it to dtb.img, failure to do so will result in either your box being unable to boot or network problems. Every device is built differently and there is so many to choose from on the market, you can find a list of some of these devices along with the corresponding DTB you must use on our download page here. ...

What to do ?
    I used gxl_p281_2g and it 's working.
    See also this thread for remote control configuration:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/sol...t-working/3546

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    Originally posted by Stormrage View Post

You can run Netflix on 720p under coreELEC.
    See https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...3-2-10-0/page9
    Excellent suggestion. Thanks a lot, my friend.

Now... as I am a noob ...
    I downloaded "CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.99.2-S905.img.gz" stable from the CoreELEC website. In the instructions it says to download the correct device tree. But there is none for the Mecool M8S Pro W in this page.
    As part of the CoreELEC install process you are required to copy a device tree from the device_trees folder on your sdcard/flash drive to the root folder of your sdcard/flash drive and rename it to dtb.img, failure to do so will result in either your box being unable to boot or network problems. Every device is built differently and there is so many to choose from on the market, you can find a list of some of these devices along with the corresponding DTB you must use on our download page here. ...

What to do ?

Leave a comment:

• Stormrage
    replied
    Originally posted by apotsi View Post

Nothing about that ???
    You can run Netflix on 720p under coreELEC.
    See https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...3-2-10-0/page9

Leave a comment:

• Tiagosantos
    replied
    I manage to bring back my pro w bluetooth board have atv 20180802.12556.v0213
    No chance to install ATV from post ??
    And One thing have tvirl and live chanels .m3u list but cant see v?deo only sound any help?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• batistabomb
    replied
    thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• hhartmut
    replied
    Originally posted by batistabomb View Post

Hello, sorry i'm newbie and don't understand about this new firmware. what you mean ''without android tv''?
    Thank you
    It is very simple to explain. There are two variants of this box. One comes with voice control and has Android TV installed, the other one comes without voice control and has normal Android installed as you know from your Smartphone.

Leave a comment:

• batistabomb
    replied
    Originally posted by algdu831 View Post

This version is without android tv
    Hello, sorry i'm newbie and don't understand about this new firmware. what you mean ''without android tv''?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• algdu831
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddydq View Post

Thanks for shared the the new firmware.

Is this version for M8s Pro W with Android TV? I am searching the last version for M8S Pro W without Android TV /Normal control without remote control.

Could somebody shered the laste version for M8S Pro W but without Android TV.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    This version is without android tv

Leave a comment:

• Freddydq
    replied
    Originally posted by algdu831 View Post
    NeW update
    M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213.zip
    https://mega.nz/#!YZZAnQBJ!JV9Soi7BY...5uJSLuYvshLaBY
    Thanks for shared the the new firmware.

Is this version for M8s Pro W with Android TV? I am searching the last version for M8S Pro W without Android TV /Normal control without remote control.

Could somebody shered the laste version for M8S Pro W but without Android TV.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leave a comment:

• mG0
    replied
    Okay I bought second M8S Pro W.
    Is there a way to dump rom from the new one and flash it on bricked one?

Also is there a way to try and boot your rom from sd/usb like CoreElec? Just boot it, leave the stock firmware untouched.

Leave a comment:

• mG0
    replied

Tried like a dozen times. On 2 computers, on 2 cables, even on XP VM. Always same error. Help please.

[spoiler]
    Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units have a hardware revision that makes them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release.

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ?* la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: MECOOL M8S PRO W Android TV Box

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20180311):
    • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180126.191102.V0928),.
    • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180311).
    Changelog (20180121):
    • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171030.152444.V0619),.
    • Fixed bug causing panels within classic Settings (Settings->More Settings) to crash.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180121).
    Changelog (20171201):
    • Based on the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20171017.112143.V0619.zip), stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps.
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
    Download:Notes:
    • The underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
    • The local terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options. (This must be revealed by clicking Settings->About->Build 7 times.)
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	5 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659784Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	659789Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	3 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	659790Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	659785Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	3 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	659786Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	659791Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	659793Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	3 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	659792
    [/spoiler]

Leave a comment:

• mG0
    replied
    Okay but I can't boot the old system.
    Could you advise where to download from flashable stock firmware?

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    My guess is that you've got a new hardware revision that's incompatible with the old bootloader. If you try this via USB Burning Tool, you should get a (slightly) more meaningful error.
Working...
X