Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonimo3.0 View Post
    And is this version frozen less or is it the same as the others?
    Hello,
    it seems to work better, for cons I still have a problem with the application Molotov: there is the sound but no picture.

Comment

Hello, I have a problem. By uploading my "m8s pro w" android tv after uploading is a black screen and nothing can be done. I tried to re-write the original rom via the usb burner tool but it stops at 7% what should I do to start working. thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by aznam View Post

Hello,
        You can download it here :

I am trying to test it because the other version I tried freeze a lot.

I downloaded it here this version seems more unstable I will continue testing

Comment

hello. im pretty new to this mecool boxes (had firetv before). my current stock ota firmware is: 2018 / 03 / 07 (it says no new ota update available)
          i thought its pretty stable, but now after i watched like 3 movies in a row in kodi (3+ hours runtime) my box just stops (crashes) reboots and stays at the mecool boot logo frozen.
          i noticed its very hot... but my firetv also got very hot... if i wait a few minutes and boot the box again, its working again...
          so im searching for reasons of the crash, but those logfiles are way to big and confusing to me.....

now im looking for another rom to try and i figured out a few possibilities...
          can any of you, with experience please save me some time and nerves by telling me which of those in my list is the most stable and run with least crash/freeze?!
          my primary use is kodi. no gaming, surfing, whatsoever (at least not much of it)

if theres an even better version then on this list, feel free to direct me there

-) Custom Rom from front page of this topic -> 2018 / 03 / 11
          -) Any of those ROMS -> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files...&sort_dir=DESC
          -) Or this: http://legion.name/upload/?dir=Smart...-PRO/20180802/

thanks alot for your time and help, cheers!
          PS: my box is the 2016 1gb/8gb version (emmc is not faulty)
          Last edited by iLyR; 09-27-2018, 11:50. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by nie podam View Post
            Hello, I have a problem. By uploading my "m8s pro w" android tv after uploading is a black screen and nothing can be done. I tried to re-write the original rom via the usb burner tool but it stops at 7% what should I do to start working. thank you in advance.
            i have the same issue. No matter if it is USB burning tool or the OTA zip package. I just got these and they had an update to the firmware for this box, much newer than the one that Magendanz based this rom off of. Magendanz, I love your ROMs, perhaps you can update this one with the new firmware? I understand if you are too busy for that though. Thanks for everything you do

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiddum View Post
              Hello,
              To update, you put M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213.zip on a USB key with the recovery.img provided in the Marcello Filgueira file, that's it ?
              Yes...
              I did Local update from USB stick...with recovery.img next to zip..., easy...

First impresion is just the same as previous ROM, jerky menu, scrolling around, nothing new..., but i think wifi is better or...placebo maybe..., Kodi with Phoenix Reborn lite buld was stuck at loading..., but with force stop Kodi next one was ok....

Comment

Hi,
                I've just updated with 2018 07 31 version and it isn't better, nor worse. Molotov and Netflix are still OK, Youtube is still a pain in the ass. Youtube is unwatchable because of random freezes, which aren't, IMHO, due to the wifi. The trouble is that this box is a huge piece of sh*t. No way, even with newer firmwares this stupid thing will never work.
                I asked Paypal for a refund a few days ago. I'm gonna buy a real box : a Xiaomi Mi TV Box.

Comment

hello and mecool. How will the purchase of a soft nexus work or will it be a black screen as some people write?

Comment

Hello I need help my Mecool m8s pro w ta which has blue chips and it does not seem to reset and therefore I'm very afraid that I did not do something wrong. Now that I upload this marcel img from the zip file me for every throw instead of in the right menu throws me out where someone has to sign in, or something like that, but I do not know how to solve this matter, I would ask for help to solve this matter as necessary.

Comment

Now I have succeeded and I uploaded M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213.zip and I am very pleased that I managed to edit this

Comment

Someone who has not touched your box upload a backup with TWRP please This thing is still sticking and the img I can not find anywhere.

Comment

Hola, actualice mi m8s pro w, pero ya no he podido usar netflix me arroja un error, puedo volver a la version anterior?
                          o con cual version de esta actualizacion puedo volver a usar el netflix?
                          La verdad estoy deseperado por esta situacion

Comment

Hello, I bought more pro w with android and wanted to android tv, but I heard reports that I lost wi fi and BT. That's true? has some more recent tutorial or what is the only thank you to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Anibal M View Post
                              Hola, actualice mi m8s pro w, pero ya no he podido usar netflix me arroja un error, puedo volver a la version anterior?
                              o con cual version de esta actualizacion puedo volver a usar el netflix?
                              La verdad estoy deseperado por esta situacion
                              No he usado netflix . Prueba desinstalar las actualizaciones de netflix, borrar los datos, reinstalar. TambiĆ©n puedes hacer un factory reset creo que desde Opciones->InformaciĆ³n

Comment

Originally posted by gelsilva View Post
                                Hello, I bought more pro w with android and wanted to android tv, but I heard reports that I lost wi fi and BT. That's true? has some more recent tutorial or what is the only thank you to all.

Does m8s pro w have bluetooth or is there a special version with bluetooth?

Comment

Working...
                                X