Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push Internet Explorer button few times... back or home button to get main screen...

Comment

Thanks, IE button was the trick, succesfully unbricked. It didn't work from USB stick though, got that same error saying this is not for the plus-model.
      But from SD card it was successful and worked perfect.

Now I have Netflix playing HD and it seems to work fine.
      But I have quite a lot of trouble with Kodi and DVBViewer client. Playback is horribly jerky. Has anybody found any solution to that?

Comment

Originally posted by HD. View Post
        Now I have Netflix playing HD and it seems to work fine.
        But I have quite a lot of trouble with Kodi and DVBViewer client. Playback is horribly jerky. Has anybody found any solution to that?
        Often, video/IPTV players (our plug-ins), when there are several video streams, choose either the lowest quality or an intermediate quality to limit the bandwidth used on your connection.
        Souvent, les lecteurs (ou addons) vidéos/IPTV , lorsqu'il existe plusieurs flux vidéos choisissent soit la plus basse qualité, soit une qualité intermédiaire pour limiter la bande passante utilisée sur ta connexion.

However, these same applications often have an option to automatically force the video stream to play at its best resolution.
        Cependant, ces mêmes applications ont souvent une option qui permet de forcer automatiquement la lecture du flux vidéo dans sa meilleure résolution.
        If the application does not offer this option, you can also use the direct link of the video stream in the resolution of your choice.
        Si l'application ne propose pas cette option, tu peux également utiliser le lien direct du flux vidéo dans lé résolution de ton choix.

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
          Latest Stock version is: M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213

And YES - first step is only to UNBRICK your Box - this ROM is not for this TV Box - only for unbricking...

Next step is to flash some of Stock ROMs through Local update - and I give you the link for latest at the end of my post - 328.... - and do not forget to put recovery.img with this zip on SD card or USB stick - and make a Local update....
          hello sappy, thanks for the guide, it was useful and resolutive... I had the tvbox bricked, thanks to you I managed to unlock it. I tried the rom "M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213.zip" and is a "tv" version of android that does not satisfy me very much ... I tried to put together the file "recovery.img" the nano version in the other thread (update_M8S_PRO_W-V0928_Nano-20180311.zip) but I get the black screen. do you know if you can fix this? the tv version of android I do not think very user friendly, considering that I use mouse and keyboard ... if it is not possible, thanks to the same and good weekend

Comment

Hi.., schizzo...

You have to unbrick the box again..., all procedure - again..., I do not have any other suggestion...

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
              Hi.., schizzo...

You have to unbrick the box again..., all procedure - again..., I do not have any other suggestion...
              thanks for the quick response... as soon as possible i'll put the TV version back on... at least with this version of rom fullhd videos are usable, which is impossible with the stock rom that I had...

Comment

Hi,
                This thread is pure evil.
                I think I just broke my device (M8S Pro W). Only red dot looking at me from its forehead. Never got to the point where USB Burning Tool actually 'sees' the device. Bridged those reset points and nothing happened. Should there be something like red diode blinking during reset or something?
                Any advises/suggestions guys? I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Found the guy on YT who does something like bridging pins (I guess it's memory). Is this something worth tryin'?
                Edit2: I'm gonna be grey-haired in a minute... Red diode turns itself blue after some time (about 2 minutes). Screen is black. What is going on?

FINAL EDIT: Problem SOLVED. You don't need to answer anymore. Best regards.
                Last edited by Mariano77; 11-06-2018, 12:36.

Comment

Originally posted by SebastianS1987 View Post

Yes, I shorted the two pins and I had to chose another usb port on my mainboard.
                  Can you remember which two pins exactly you shorted?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelo Filgueira View Post

Here is the link, .img and .zip. i used to solve the problem on M8S PRO+ with S905W.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZK...HFelPp6S74nW5R
                    Hello Marcelo, I managed to unbrick the box with your help and software but after boot, the box goes to a chinese screen and I can´t do nothing. Can you help me? thank you

Comment

Lazy to read a few post above....!?? - post 346 maybe is your answer...

Comment

Originally posted by HD. View Post
                        Hi, I am also trying to unbrick. Step 1 is successful but when it boots up, I get the UI for one second, after that this screen.
                        So I can't access the local update. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	749826
                        Hi, just press the button home on remote control to go to the main screen. After that go to apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Helio Matias View Post

Hello Marcelo, I managed to unbrick the box with your help and software but after boot, the box goes to a chinese screen and I can´t do nothing. Can you help me? thank you
                          Problem solved. just needed to press the home button on remote control

Comment

Originally posted by Helio Matias View Post

Problem solved. just needed to press the home button on remote control
                            hello Helio, do you have the M8S PRO + with S905W? if you have, I found the correct version for this box, if you want I'll send the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelo Filgueira View Post

hello Helio, do you have the M8S PRO + with S905W? if you have, I found the correct version for this box, if you want I'll send the link.
                              Hello, mine is the M8S Pro W. I think that the firmware you gave was for these boxes, but if you can, send the link, I will try it. Thank you
                              Last edited by Helio Matias; 11-07-2018, 13:24.

Comment

i updated ota file with usb but now not working.
                                i tried usb burning tool with reset pins.
                                starts to download but at %4 i got this error :
                                [0x30201004]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error resul
                                what should i do?
                                edit:
                                thanks i could install post 253 firmware now working
                                Last edited by mature; 11-16-2018, 18:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X