Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghaliharisma View Post

is any ROM compatible with my device ? because the stock ROM so slow and annoying

thanks for answer Novato
    Unfortunately, so far I do not know of any firmware compatible with your device. However if you find the initial interface HORRIBLE, just as I hate it too. You can change the Default Launcher for Alice UI from Tanix, I did it on my M8S Plus W and it was great. I'm currently using the Android TV OS Launcher, but I still really like the Tanix launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post

Unfortunately, so far I do not know of any firmware compatible with your device. However if you find the initial interface HORRIBLE, just as I hate it too. You can change the Default Launcher for Alice UI from Tanix, I did it on my M8S Plus W and it was great. I'm currently using the Android TV OS Launcher, but I still really like the Tanix launcher.
      everything is horrible from launcher, performances and so many apps crashed or freezing. btw i will try alice ui as you mentioned. i'm so confused how to fix these problems

Comment

Hi, I see there is another version Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G with Andriod TV OS Support TV

I bought this and it came with none ATV os , I think if you buy with Voice Remote then they send with ATV OS, wondering if anyone can get this ATV ROM and be able to flash

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chmurson View Post
          My unbrick procedure (m8s pro w) - black screen, only red led.

We need male-male usb cable, I was made from two generally available microusb cables.
          Just cut them in half and connect wires one-to-one (red-red, black-black, green-green, blue-blue)

1. Run the USB_Burning_Tool program
          2. Connect the power supply to box and USB cable to port closer to the power plug (only this port working as modem)
          3. The program should detect the device, and You can proceed to upload img.

The matching firmware is M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img, others stopped at 7% with an error

4. After uploading the firmware, resetting the device, the first start takes a few minutes.
          My M8S PRO W has changed to PLUS W ;( and install some wird software (but finally work!!!!)

5, To fix this you need to follow the guide:
          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/firmware-roms-tools-bj/752605-rom-oem-mecool-m8s- plus-in-android-tv-to-videostrong

After flashed, the first start takes a few minutes. TADA!
          We enjoy pure androidtv (not some Chinese junk soft)
          Hi , I had the same issue bought this box thinking it would have ATV pre installed but now i think if you buy with voice remote then comes with ATV

I have bought M8S PRO W in the past and had no issues flashing the ATV from this page , but this time seems M8S PRO W is different revision and just gave blank screen so did what you did and got it working again flashing firmware is M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img

but i cant get the ATV rom to flash following
          5, To fix this you need to follow the guide:
          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/firmware-roms-tools-bj/752605-rom-oem-mecool-m8s- plus-in-android-tv-to-videostrong

when i flash the M8S Pro W ATV OEM Firmware using OTA I get the following screen do you know what i am doing wrong i followed the steps to change date and saved

Thanks
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20181130_153101.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	753176

Comment

I got it working just changed other lines which also showed dates and flashed fine, note to others the ATV rom here wont work on new revision Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G with Andriod TV

Thank you for all the info very grateful
            Last edited by uscool; 11-30-2018, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post
              I got it working just changed other lines which also showed dates and flashed fine, note to others the ATV rom here wont work on new revision Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G with Andriod TV

Thank you for all the info very grateful
              That's right, some date line you still had not changed. Remember that it was in build.prop or default.prop?

Comment

because the stock ROM so slow and annoying
                All these 1GB boxes are dog slow, and especially the crippled S905W boxes. But what do you expect for $28?

Comment

That's right, some date line you still had not changed. Remember that it was in build.prop or default.prop?
                  it was few date lines in build.prop not just the one instructed to change

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

All these 1GB boxes are dog slow, and especially the crippled S905W boxes. But what do you expect for $28?
                    this is so weird. i have x96 with S905W 1GB they are not as slow as mecool M8S Plus DVB with S905D
                    does S905W better than S905D ? Guest

Comment

this is so weird. i have x96 with S905W 1GB they are not as slow as mecool M8S Plus DVB with S905D
                      does S905W better than S905D ? Guest
                      Probably this depends on the firmware. The truth is that a box with 1GB of RAM will be as bad as a Sangung cell phone with 1GB of RAM and various apps like Facebook, Instagram and Messenger installed and running in the background. Unless you limit all RAM usage and use optimized apps, performance will be poor indeed.

Comment

Probably this depends on the firmware. The truth is that a box with 1GB of RAM will be as bad as a Sangung cell phone with 1GB of RAM and various apps like Facebook, Instagram and Messenger installed and running in the background. Unless you limit all RAM usage and use optimized apps, performance will be poor indeed.
                        yap i agree. how about porting ? is that possible to make a port for M8S Plus DVB ?

Comment

anyone facing troubles with netflix? always got an error tvq-pm-100 (5.6.1)
                          ​​​​​​what could it be?

Comment

Is there a way to install this rom on this version https://www.amazon.it/Telecomando-Mi...ords=m8s+pro+w of the device?

Comment

ghaliharisma

I guess the firmware is absolutely crap. I've bought an MX Allwinner H3 box, advertised as 2GB but actually 1GB of RAM. That box is awesome in speed, really!! No comparison to Mecool M8S pro/plus W...the Allwinner H3 feels like 3GB RAM...

Comment

Hi All
                                I have another problem with box.
                                Ethernet not work in this rom.
                                In adb shell eth0 exist (have some mac addres, etc), but when i plug cable in device there is no connect (no led in switch, etc).
                                I try difrent cable (cross, normal), diffrent switches (100Mbps, or 1Gbps) - no connect.

Any advice to wake my ethernet (i prefer cable connet because i have little laggy wifi connection)

Code:
                                M8S_PRO_W:/ $ su
                                M8S_PRO_W:/ # whoami
                                root
                                M8S_PRO_W:/ # ip a
                                1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 4096 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default
                                    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
                                    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
                                       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
                                    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
                                2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOWN group default qlen 1000
                                    link/ether d0:76:58:10:cb:1b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
                                    inet6 fe80::d276:58ff:fe10:cb1b/64 scope link
                                3: tunl0@NONE: <NOARP> mtu 1480 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
                                    link/ipip 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
                                4: sit0@NONE: <NOARP> mtu 1480 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
                                    link/sit 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
                                5: ip6tnl0@NONE: <NOARP> mtu 1452 qdisc noop state DOWN group default
                                    link/tunnel6 :: brd ::
                                10: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
                                    link/ether 58:04:54:c1:1c:37 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
                                    inet 192.168.0.101/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global wlan0
                                    inet6 fe80::5a04:54ff:fec1:1c37/64 scope link
                                11: p2p0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state DOWN group default qlen 1000
                                    link/ether 58:04:54:c1:1c:36 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
                                M8S_PRO_W:/ # ifconfig
                                eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr d0:76:58:10:cb:1b
                                          inet6 addr: fe80::d276:58ff:fe10:cb1b/64 Scope: Link
                                          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
                                          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                                          TX packets:8977 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                                          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
                                          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:2606
                                          Interrupt:40

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 58:04:54:c1:1c:37
                                          inet addr:192.168.0.101  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
                                          inet6 addr: fe80::5a04:54ff:fec1:1c37/64 Scope: Link
                                          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
                                          RX packets:25793 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                                          TX packets:21497 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                                          RX bytes:30448627 TX bytes:3152130

p2p0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 58:04:54:c1:1c:36
                                          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
                                          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                                          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                                          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
                                          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
                                          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope: Host
                                          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:4096  Metric:1
                                          RX packets:7970 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                                          TX packets:7970 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                                          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
                                          RX bytes:1278004 TX bytes:1278004

Comment

Working...
                                X