Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MancaMulas
    replied
    Originally posted by rod93 View Post
    hi
    can someone help me, cant burn this firmware with usb burning tool for my m8s pro+ atv 2g/16g flash za (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363)
    it stop at 4% with error "enum device error)
    Hi rod93

Try unchecking "Erase bootloader" on the USB buning tool utility. I was having that same problem on a similar box and that worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• rod93
    replied
    hi
    can someone help me, cant burn this firmware with usb burning tool for my m8s pro+ atv 2g/16g flash za (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363)
    it stop at 4% with error "enum device error)

Leave a comment:

• MancaMulas
    replied
    Hello Guest !

First of all thanks for replying back.
    I'm not really interested in OEM OTA updates because i tried several ROM's and with all of them the box just keeps freezing after a while.
    I was trying to install, instead, your other ROM (Mecool M8S PRO W Stock & Nano Nexus ROM) through OTA, but even that kept failing on TWRP...
    I use OTA updates because i don't really know how to use IMG files, because i can't make my computer recognize my box, i installed drivers and the tool, and i turn on the box on TWRP and connect it to the computer but it doesn't regognize it. If someone could enlighten me on this matter i would truly appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Some of the OEM OTA updates needed to have their scripts fixed so that they would install with TWRP. These are marked with the "-fixed" tag in my file archives here: http://freaktab.org/27~f

• MancaMulas
    replied
    Originally posted by MancaMulas View Post
    Hello Guest and to all users!

I'm new to the forum although it's not the first time i come here for help. When it comes to Android boxes i know this is the place to look for answers.
    I own a Mecool M8S Pro W, i've tried updating stock firmware and the last firmware i applied was a "Lunn-ota" update, but even that one didn't fix the problem with this particular box.
    I'm hoping this Nexus custom rom will solve my problem.
    When i'm using the box for more than half an hour (30 min) it just freezes and i can only solve it by restarting the box, does this happen with this Nexus custom rom as well?
    Thanks for the help.
    Hello Guest

So i decided to apply this ROM, but i didn't like the fact that i couldn't intall some of the usual apps i use on android like Microsoft's Outlook.
    Now i tried installing different ROMS through OTA update (About Device > System Update), but i keep getting failed with the updates, why is that happening? Am i doing something wrong?
    Sorry but i'm no expert when it comes to Android...

Leave a comment:

• MancaMulas
    replied
    Originally posted by we the north View Post
    Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'm totally confused how to flash my Mecool M8S pro W..
    I have original firmware on it about two years old right now it freezes all the time and takes forever to open apps either I can factory reset it or add new firmware is there a step by step how to do the firmware thank you

If you download the OTA file it's a simple procedure, just folow the guide i uploaded.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MancaMulas
    replied
    Hello Guest and to all users!

I'm new to the forum although it's not the first time i come here for help. When it comes to Android boxes i know this is the place to look for answers.
    I own a Mecool M8S Pro W, i've tried updating stock firmware and the last firmware i applied was a "Lunn-ota" update, but even that one didn't fix the problem with this particular box.
    I'm hoping this Nexus custom rom will solve my problem.
    When i'm using the box for more than half an hour (30 min) it just freezes and i can only solve it by restarting the box, does this happen with this Nexus custom rom as well?
    Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• algdu831
    replied
    Originally posted by algdu831 View Post
    Hi
    I have found that firmware from lunn
    Ota version
    https://mega.nz/#!7RV3WIKJ!ZqEljfbbT...vtQ-DkBlvILaw8
    Img version
    https://mega.nz/#!7IsxCKCS!ZDzQ9P3cC...vxLSImlZr2PiHQ

Tested in my m8s pro w (lunn is same m8s)
    Is the best rom
    All working and fast
    drm L3
    I dont have black screen in molotovtv and netflix phone
    Plase can you convert this rom to androidtv
    Pleaaaase
    Thanks
    Lunn-ota-20191221.164222.V0213

hi
    Magendanz any news?

Leave a comment:

• we the north
    replied
    Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'm totally confused how to flash my Mecool M8S pro W..
    I have original firmware on it about two years old right now it freezes all the time and takes forever to open apps either I can factory reset it or add new firmware is there a step by step how to do the firmware thank you

Leave a comment:

• patrick28
    replied
    Hi Guest you are GENIUS.

I am using M8S PRO+ with S905W. When s see in the Terminal Emulator app, it shows M8S Pro W. So this model had Android TV when i purchased it with Widevine L1 but when i open the Netflix ATV app it shows error, unable to connect to Netflix service (-100). Tried everything but couldnt fix. So thought to update to your Nexus ATV Rom for Mecool M8S Pro W mainly to get the Netflix ATV going. But still getting the same error.

- What could be the reason and how can i fix it? Get Netflix ATV since it has Widewine L1, do i need to do any kind of update for Widevine L1?
    - Also how can i go back to stock atv that came with the box? Unable to update using the ota zip file in changelog. I guess i need the .img file.
    - Also not able to update to atvxperience, redpoison firmware at all.

Much appreciated. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• sk8lucas
    replied
    Originally posted by hannah View Post
    Futher update re: Netflix.

I now have installed Netflix app from here and Netflix is working with this ROM. This only plays NETFLIX in SD and not HD.

Many thanks

Question: I have Netflix HD subscription. Is it possible to play NETFLIX in HD please?
    I'm having the same issue and the link is dead, do you have another link? I've tried with APK mirror but gives the same error

Leave a comment:

• sk8lucas
    replied
    Hi, great work,

I've Installed the ROM in a M8S Pro W rev 1.0 and im getting the error (-100) could not connect to Netflix when I try to use Netflix, is there a fix?
    Also when you try to send a video to youtube it gives a connection error, but if you manually add the TV using the code provided in the app it works as long as you have youtube app open

Leave a comment:

• claishem
    replied
    is this compatible with x96 mini s905w?

Leave a comment:

• dim_up
    replied
    Can anyone help me about the issue with not working home button? I can t close apps and one more problem with screen saver it is not working

Leave a comment:

• soldiaz
    replied
    Just think of buying the MECOOL M8S PRO W for 25$, "GB/16GB. Do you guys recommend? Or better pickup another one? Kind regards

Leave a comment:

Working...
X