Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can use this rom for TX3 mini

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it's not built for the TX3 mini. You can try it, but likely the wireless and remote won't work.

hello recently commissioned to gearbest a tvbox mecool m8spro w .mi interest in custom rom nexus and start from the beginning also Libreelec with Kodi Kodpton

Comment

you Magendanz can help me? I'm green since I come from kodi raspberry.thanks

Comment

Hello! I'm trying to use this firmware for the M8S II clone. I want to transplant the system partition. Can anybody put TRWP-backup of this firmware?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know that I'd recommend trying this ROM with anything other than an S905W SoC (Amlogic p281 reference board).

Good navidad!! As it seems there is little movement in this forum and few ones response

Comment

Hi, I installed your firmware, but now the device connects to wi-fi but says that there is no internet access... how can I solve this?

Comment

Thank you for this rom. it is really great i have it up and running on my box. I am attempting to build this rom with some included APKs and was hoping you could help me on how to properly sign the zip so that it can be installed as an OTA update after i have made changes to it

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to use signapk.jar with the -w flag to sign the whole file.

Is HD Netflix possible with this ROM ?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, since the M8S Pro W has Widevine L1.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
            That is in theory or it is actually confirmed? (that it plays HD Netflix)

Comment

Hello. Newbie here. If I install this rom and I don't like it / doesn't suit me, is it possible to return to the the original version ?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course you can. However, there's a bug in the OEM update script that prevents it from installing from TWRP. Use this "fixed" version instead: http://freaktab.org/a0d8140afad9d0f1

And you install it through local Updater ? Or via Recovery ?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Either should work.

Thank you very much for the info.

Comment

Hello, I am quite new... but studying...i have a X96 Mini, I was able to install the T3x mini today and the m8s pro stock... but I get the "USB control setup error" when I try to use this rom with Amlogic USB burning tool... So.. sorry to bother.. what am I doing wrong? I would love to have a Tvstock rom and I see that somebody was able to install this one on the X96 mini. Best

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You get the error in USB Burning Tool because the ROM wasn't designed for that box and it fails the environment checks. It's working as designed.

Thanks for your reply.
                But then why was I able to install the Nano and stock ones for M8S Pro W that you published and also some ppl in this thread reported success...
                thanks again

Simone

Comment

Hi!

It would be really nice if you could change the target device and port the rom for the tanix tx3 mini or any s905w box

If some one know to change it I really appreciate the info.

Greetings

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My plan is to adapt the Tanix T3 Mini firmware, since it has support for many wireless drivers and IR remote controls. The problem is that they downgraded the UI to 720p, and I'm not willing to make that sacrifice. If VideoStrong can do 1080p on the S905W, then Shiningworth should be able to as well.
                Working...
                X