Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lottommotto View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    But then why was I able to install the Nano and stock ones for M8S Pro W that you published and also some ppl in this thread reported success...
    thanks again

Simone
    Please, if you found a solution, post here. Greatings

Comment

I got one of these pro w boxes , and it camed with original Mecool firmware version 0928 dated 04112017. Now i see that 0928 is not available for download. At least i cant found nowhere.

Comment

Guest Thanks for u replay

I really appreciate your work.

I have already installed your rom in my tx3 mini through de update zip, I delete the validation from the script and signed again.

Its smooth and stable, only wifi and remote doesn't work (i don't really care about this).

But I can't solved the netflix black screen error.

There is a 1080 versión for the tx3 mini based on last release

#s905w , thử làm những cái mà bên nhà sản suất không làm , hoặc không dám làm :) Firmware chạy UI Full HD 1080p cho TX3 mini Rom stock Ai dùng thì cho phản hồi ở đây nhé ....

I hope help you

Greetings!
        Last edited by Braulio; 01-19-2018, 15:28. Reason: Found a rom 1080 ui fot tx3 mini

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          That's because the TX3 Mini doesn't have Widevine L1. Netflix for Android TV requires it.

To begin with I will say Magendanz thank you for this project.
        Unfortunately I came across that there are problems, I list.
        In the Settings in the More section, when you click on any options, you get the following:
        Setting has stopped
        -open app again
        -Mate until device restart
        What does it mean?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, yes. That's actually an easy fix. I'll roll out an update later today.

And I will add. After deleting google-account it is not possible to add any account:
        Setting has stopped
        -open app again
        -Mate until device restart

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe that's the same bug.

Changelog (20180121):
        • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171030.152444.V0619),.
        • Fixed bug causing panels within classic Settings (Settings->More Settings) to crash.
        • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
        • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180121).
        Known Bugs:
        • Wake from sleep will result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware, one VideoStrong is in the process of fixing.
        • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
        Download:

Comment

Thank you, promptly received from you. No bugs yet, I will look for them.
          On the joys bought another 2 TV Box.

Comment

The Netflix app is the original from play store? Supports 1080p?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, it seems to. I was just testing on the M8S PRO L yesterday.

Hi Magendanz, I really appreciate your work and I'm very enthusiast of this rom, but I have a little problem with the Italian app timvision. This app has contents like films, tv series etc, when I try to start something I get the message "this device does not support the required drm scheme".

Can this be solved in somehow?

thank you

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              They must be using a DRM scheme other than Widevine, such as Playready or Marlin. Unfortunately, those are unsupported on this device.

You should run DRM Info to confirm what you have.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Changelog (20180121):
            • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171030.152444.V0619),.
            • Fixed bug causing panels within classic Settings (Settings->More Settings) to crash.
            • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
            • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180121).
            Known Bugs:
            • Wake from sleep will result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware, one VideoStrong is in the process of fixing.
            • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
            Download:
            I installed the update, the Settings issue was fixed, but I didn't see any difference in the Sleep/Shutdown issue. Even if I select sleep or shutdown, the result is the same. The device starts from the beginning.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Only the M8S PRO L got that wake from sleep fix, but it still takes 28 seconds to wake when it should happen in 2-3 secs. I know that VideoStrong is working on the wake performance issue, and assume they're holding back on an update for the M8S PRO, M8S PRO+ and M8S PRO W until that's available.

@Magendanz first of all, fantastic work man, really appreciated!
            I downloaded the netflix app, but will not play on 1080p, at least according to test patterns. any ideas why? thanks

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have an HD account with Netflix?

Guest of course :-)
            it actually looks fine, but the test patterns show it as 720p

also, any ideas why sometimes (on the netflix app) sound and and video are not synchronized?
            I've heard it happen on the mi box too, so maybe an android tv issue? just thought i'd ask
            Last edited by alexm231; 01-27-2018, 10:35.

Comment

hello Guest
              First of all, thank you for your great work about this rom ! works well on my x96mini (exept wifi and remote )
              my question is if i buy a wifi remote control, with a micro does it gonna work ?
              the apk of android remote work well, (the mic too ) but i don't want to use it ( uncomfortable for me )
              thanks for your reply
              kenwyz

ps:i juste notice that THE WIFI IS WORKING on my x96mini !!!
              can you belive that !
              Last edited by kenwyz; 01-28-2018, 14:53. Reason: mistake

Comment

Hello Guest ,
                I want to buy M8S pro W or L (can't decide yet). But I wonder if I can install facebook, instagram, twitter on these boxes? I must install them, and will be used everyday, I want make my small TV as a tablet for my wife. Can I make it with these tv boxes?
                She must explore facebook/instagram/twitter etc..
                thanks...

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You should be able to install these via the Google Play Store on non-ATV variants (Stock or Nano) and via APKMirror on this ATV variant (although it will launch via App Drawer). In both cases, you'll need some kind of mouse because the apps are not designed to be used with just a remote control.

Thank you very much Guest ,
                I now understand. I buy one from gearbest today. I will istall your firmware when arrived.
                I hope you'll prepare new firmwares to this device.
                thanks again...

Comment

Working...
                X