Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by netlogger
    No, it's not that version. It is : 20171017 V0619
    Enviado do meu Redmi 4X através do Tapatalk

Comment

I installed the Android TV custom firmware. How can I go back to the original firmware? BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2
      doesn't work. Is there any other way to create an SD card with the .img file?

Comment

I am considering buying this Android TV instead Xiaomi Mi Box. Can anyone confirm that voice controller remote, bluetooth and microsd slot are working well with this rom? And if I want to come back to stock rom there is no problem with ota update?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          This unit does not have Bluetooth support, and I've been unable to get it to work with USB Bluetooth dongles. MicroSDXC works fine, but I haven't tested with the new voice remote. Restoring to stock ROM is relatively straight forward, but you need to use one of the versions that fixes the OEM update script so that it can downgrade and install on TWRP.

Can someone please tell me how I can recover to the OEM version?

Comment

Originally posted by stewe
          Can someone please tell me how I can recover to the OEM version?
          Download Ota version on first post out it on internal storage, go to settings about system on compilation number click several Times till you see "now you are a developer" then go to developer options and activate terminal emulator go to terminal emulator thru app drawer and on that do su (remember to click enter) reboot recovery! On the twrp recovery format Dalvik/cache/system/data install the original Ota after that format internal storage and reboot system! Use a mouse to move around twrp ir remote dont work

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X atrav�s do Tapatalk

Last edited by Tiagosantos; 02-13-2018, 02:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiagosantos View Post
            Download Ota version on first post out it on internal storage, go to settings about system on compilation number click several Times till you see "now you are a developer" then go to developer options and activate terminal emulator go to terminal emulator thru app drawer and on that do su (remember to click enter) reboot recovery! On the twrp recovery format Dalvik/cache/system/data install the original Ota after that format internal storage and reboot system! Use a mouse to move around twrp ir remote dont work

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X atrav�s do Tapatalk

Hey there.

Are you talking about this one?
            "Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171030.152444.V0619),."

i tried that but i couldt go on with the procedure. It told me that my equipment was different... i searched the reference that appeared on screen and it was refering to me having the pro + box. maybe something tied to the tvstock firmware?

edit: tried the procedure again and i got the "this is a P21X", and from i can gather that is the referente for the M8S Pro Plus...

edit1: i moved on and forced flash with signature confirmation. someting happened, am now stuck in nexus logo. Can anyone help me with how can i reboot again to recovery? thanks
            Last edited by edina; 02-13-2018, 11:19.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              That's probably because you didn't use one of the versions with the fixed update script.

At this point you're going to have to open up the case to short the reset pads on the PCB. Use USB Burning Tool and the burn package, load the .img file, hit Start and ensure you're shorting the pins as you insert the USB OTG cable (and nothing else). You'll hear a system sound when the Worldcup driver recognizes the device and the flash will start automatically.

Hello Magendanz, ill try and do the process you describe, thanks.

But keep in mind that i downloaded the file from the first post. Even the OTA version states P21X. I maybe confusing things and procedures or download links but please check if everytings ok linkwise,

Cheerz

Comment

Originally posted by edina
              Hello Magendanz, ill try and do the process you describe, thanks.

But keep in mind that i downloaded the file from the first post. Even the OTA version states P21X. I maybe confusing things and procedures or download links but please check if everytings ok linkwise,

Cheerz
              2 do the procedure thru PC it got to be the .IMG file

Comment

Originally posted by Tiagosantos View Post
                2 do the procedure thru PC it got to be the .IMG file

i used the sdcard method

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this. If I install this rom I can do voice searches with an airmouse with a microphone, and I also need to use an apk (BUTTONS REMAPER) that requests access permits; Does this rom bring the accessibility services equal to that of the stock rom? thanks for the reply

Comment

Hi guys, I am using the above CustomROM for Netflix and also LibreElec for KODI in an SD card. Has anyone managed to "boot to internal" with MeCool S905W?

Comment

Updated OEM version of the MeCool M8S pro w with full Android TV from manufacture. 2/21/2018 plus has rf remote.

A newer version of the MeCool M8S Pro W with full Android TV is now available. Supports Netflix in 4K @ 30fps, remote is voice activated, Widevine L1 approved DRM.
                      The Android TV is like the Shield, Mi, Nexus box type interface, I.E. 10 foot lean back. Available for 41.99 from large China retail outlet "B" Just make sure it is the latest, as many Pro W's on market.
                      This unit has Nougat 7.1.1 and full Android TV interface from manufacture.

Not associated with manufacture or any other type distributor.

Happy user of the MeCool M8S Pro + (905X version) for about a year with custom ROM from Magendanz

Comment

What would be required to add support for X96 mini remotes in this firmware? Up until nougat, it was as simple as copying the remote.conf, I understand that's now located in the device tree blob. Is it possible to flash just the X96 mini original DTB only? I've done this many times in LibreELEC, but don't think the same process will work in android. I was able to extract the factory firmware and grab what I think is the device tree. Any way for me to do this myself? I've tried using the customization tool, and just replace the file but it won't repack (which I think is common with Android 7 as well).

Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I wouldn't recommend it, but you might get lucky. If it doesn't like the new device tree, though, you'll not be able to boot to either system or recovery. The correct way to fix it is to just replace the keymap assignments in the custom_maps block.

Alfawise s95 working also. Only remote is disable.

Comment

Originally posted by steel120 View Post
                          Updated OEM version of the MeCool M8S pro w with full Android TV from manufacture. 2/21/2018 plus has rf remote.....
                          Any link ?

Comment

Working...
                          X