Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magendanz, thank you for TVStock ROM, it is really cool.

Here is new Mecool M8S Pro W stock ROM (26.01.2018) and it is Android TV ROM:
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...966#post711966

May be it will help with sleep mode.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! It might take a few days, but I'll incorporate this into an update soon.

I have checked new stock Android TV ROM for M8S Pro W (26.01.2018). Sleep mode is working now! The ROM from Magendanz is better and faster. So waiting updated ROM from Magendanz.

UPD.
    Sleep mode does not work properly .

UPD 2. I found way for working sleep mode (tested on latest stock ROM 26.01.2018).

At any time:
    echo anytext > /sys/power/wake_lock

Or at rc boot time:
    write /sys/power/wake_lock anytext

It is partial sleep mode. It will shut down HDMI and some funcs, but CPU will work. USB also working in this mode, so you may use IR-remote, RF-remote (with USB-dongle), mouse, keyboard to wake up. Also HDMI CEC wake up will work.
    Last edited by Kyrie; 03-01-2018, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrie
      Magendanz, thank you for TVStock ROM, it is really cool.

Here is new Mecool M8S Pro W stock ROM (26.01.2018) and it is Android TV ROM:
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...966#post711966

May be it will help with sleep mode.
      How can i instal it?? Tru twrp it gives error 7

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X através do Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiagosantos View Post
        How can i instal it?? Tru twrp it gives error 7

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X através do Tapatalk
        I just updated using OTA update.

Comment

Mecool M8S PRO W - Android TV OS - Voice Control - Under $50: ✅ Buy from Banggood: https://goo.gl/NR1wVN ➡️ View the latest charts: www.chigztech.com CPU: S...

Did mecool use your FW on the updated box???

Comment

Hi Guest ,
            I tried your ROMS. I installed all with TWRP. But every ROM same problem with me, Netflix don't work. When I clicked, Netflix logo appears, then blank screen, nothing happens...
            I use M8S pro W.
            thanks...

Comment

O think is Netflix block software on rooted deivces. I didnt find option to disable root access. Please look info web for solution

Comment

Changelog (20180311):
                • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180126.191102.V0928),.
                • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
                • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
                • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180311).
                Known Bugs:
                • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                Download:

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz
                  Changelog (20180311):
                  • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180126.191102.V0928),.
                  • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
                  • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
                  • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180311).
                  Known Bugs:
                  • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                  Download:
                  Cast dont work even with the app that came with the original OS installed?? That miracast app??

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X atrav�s do Tapatalk

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I remove a ton of OEM craplets so that I can mirror the pure Nexus out-of-box experience, like you'd get on the Nexus Player, NVIDIA ShieldTV or Xiaomi Mi Box. You can manually reinstall that OEM miracast app if you like it, or you can just install AllCast or equivalents from the Google Play Store.

Hi Guest I installed latest your ROM on my M8S PRO W. I have problem with apps on Home screen. I can't add or remove apps. Some aps are not on list and I can't add it. Some aps is not possible to remove (for exampe Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Games etc). I tried to enable option Sort automatically by recent usage, but apps I use recently never disapear on home screen. The most of aps with this problem I installed from aptoide, but there is not problem with all of them. For example, Popcorn time and Terrarium are not on list for home screen apps, but Mobdro is there.

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
                    Hi Guest I installed latest your ROM on my M8S PRO W. I have problem with apps on Home screen. I can't add or remove apps. Some aps are not on list and I can't add it. Some aps is not possible to remove (for exampe Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Games etc). I tried to enable option Sort automatically by recent usage, but apps I use recently never disapear on home screen. The most of aps with this problem I installed from aptoide, but there is not problem with all of them. For example, Popcorn time and Terrarium are not on list for home screen apps, but Mobdro is there.
                    hi
                    in the app setting you can de-activate Goodle play,movies, playgame ect,
                    non androidTV app can't be in "home screen", you must install "Tv app repo" to bypass this.
                    mobdro is desing to androidTv os.
                    cordiallement
                    kenwyz

Comment

kenwyz thanks a lot.

Comment

Guest , i updated to your latest rom and something strange is happening, all is fine except netflix. I tried 4 different Android TV versions and none work, all i get is a black screen. I tried the normal apk too and i got to log in and enter netflix but i only get sound and subtitles. no image.

tested with rom install by updating, and then i tried again with burnpackage. sane error.

Tomorrow ill will try to flash your previous rom and see if that works.

Comment

The sleep mode problem is still present. After updating to the new stock Android TV ROM for M8S Pro W (26.01.2018), the box does not power up normally once it goes into sleep mode.

Comment

Hi, since I recived my tv box, i cant connect to internet, wifi appears "connected" and ehternet to, I have assigned IP, but cant browse . I try to flash with last firmware but does not work the problem is still blocking Internet exit. Thanks

any Ideas?

Comment

Working...
                            X