Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey Guest . nope, cant seem to get netflix working. with the mobile apk i can get to the netflix ui but it only shows subtitles and plays sound. i tried several (old and recent) android tv netflix apks and all had the same behaviour, black screen, couldnt even get to the logon screen. this setup worked well with your previous firmware, but i deleted it.

Does your box run netflix fine with the latest firmware? if so can you give me a link to downlaod the previous firmware to test if thats whats causing the problem with my m8s pro w box?

thanks for all your great work btw

Comment

wrong thread
      Last edited by silicon; 03-18-2018, 06:10.

Comment

Originally posted by edina View Post
        hey Guest . nope, cant seem to get netflix working. with the mobile apk i can get to the netflix ui but it only shows subtitles and plays sound. i tried several (old and recent) android tv netflix apks and all had the same behaviour, black screen, couldnt even get to the logon screen. this setup worked well with your previous firmware, but i deleted it.

Does your box run netflix fine with the latest firmware? if so can you give me a link to downlaod the previous firmware to test if thats whats causing the problem with my m8s pro w box?

thanks for all your great work btw
        Same with SPCM.
        From time to time I have to black screen but subs are showing properly

Comment

Originally posted by pagasios7 View Post

how you make it?
          combine yellow rings.

Comment

I 've installed the last version in W8S Pro W via OTA. Instalation worked well but when I play any content, netflix, youtube, the audio works but the image is black.

​​​​​​Any idea?

Comment

I´ve erased all data (in TWRP) and tried to install image and failed, now i´m stuck in boot.
              Tried to use USB Burning tool and cannot because i need to Reset the Box and can´t find the reset button, can you help me?
              Tanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Txemoto View Post
                I 've installed the last version in W8S Pro W via OTA. Instalation worked well but when I play any content, netflix, youtube, the audio works but the image is black.

​​​​​​Any idea?
                yep, same here, now that at least two user are reporting netflix showing black screen, i figure the new firmware must have something to do with it. You can try and revert back to the previous firmware to check if its only related to this version if you are willing to do that. I cant because i deleted the previous version com my computer

Comment

Hello Guest, I have the previous version of your Rom and I did not get the OTA, so I decided to update locally, download the Rom, I gave Fat32 to the USB, enter the updater, I sent to the TWRP, I gave installer but it marks a code of error 7. already they go 2 times what I download it and I test it in 2 memories. Any solution?. To return to the Rom Stock 20171030 is the same process ?.
                  Last edited by Bileygr666; 03-19-2018, 07:54.

Comment

yep, same here, now that at least two user are reporting netflix showing black screen, i figure the new firmware must have something to do with it. You can try and revert back to the previous firmware to check if its only related to this version if you are willing to do that. I cant because i deleted the previous version com my computer
                    I updated the (original) stock ROM from USB via local update from version 2017.12.01 to 2018.01.26. Downloaded Netflix and YouTube from android tv play store. There is picture and sound on both.
                    Last edited by red dwarf; 03-19-2018, 01:08.

Comment

Guest If i want to attempt to install this on a Tanix TX3 Mini, do I follow the same instructions? Or will it not work at all, whatever method I try to use?

UPDATE: I successfully installed this rom on a Tanix TX3 Mini. Everything is working, except the remote. Where do i replace the remote config with one from the tx3 mini firmware?
                      Last edited by Orman; 03-19-2018, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Orman View Post
                        Guest If i want to attempt to install this on a Tanix TX3 Mini, do I follow the same instructions? Or will it not work at all, whatever method I try to use?

UPDATE: I successfully installed this rom on a Tanix TX3 Mini. Everything is working, except the remote. Where do i replace the remote config with one from the tx3 mini firmware?
                        Orman, can you elaborate. I was unable to install it on my Tanix TX3 Mini. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nmoreira View Post

Orman, can you elaborate. I was unable to install it on my Tanix TX3 Mini. Thank you
                          1. Download the full IMG file and burn it to a Micro SD card using the bootcardmaker tool provided in the original post
                          2. Insert the Micro SD into the TX3 Mini
                          3. Hold the reset button while plugging in the power cord. When it boots, let go off the reset button and the firmware will install.
                          4. Optional: You can also flash the firmware with the usb burn tool. I tried both methods and they worked.

Keep in mind the remote control wont work at all, you will have to use a keyboard or your TV's remote control, if your tv supports CEC. I assume most aftermarket remote controls with USB receiver would work aswell.

Everything else seemed to work, but navigating through the interface was very choppy. Was not a smooth experience at all. I also noticed the CPU only clocks to max 1.2Ghz. But you can try it for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Orman View Post

1. Download the full IMG file and burn it to a Micro SD card using the bootcardmaker tool provided in the original post
                            2. Insert the Micro SD into the TX3 Mini
                            3. Hold the reset button while plugging in the power cord. When it boots, let go off the reset button and the firmware will install.
                            4. Optional: You can also flash the firmware with the usb burn tool. I tried both methods and they worked.

Keep in mind the remote control wont work at all, you will have to use a keyboard or your TV's remote control, if your tv supports CEC. I assume most aftermarket remote controls with USB receiver would work aswell.

Everything else seemed to work, but navigating through the interface was very choppy. Was not a smooth experience at all. I also noticed the CPU only clocks to max 1.2Ghz. But you can try it for yourself.
                            Thank you, i will try it

PS: Maybe someone can port this to the TX3 Mini

Comment

Thanks,

And now, how can I back to another firmware version? In the ATV firmware is not an OTA update program? Must I open the box to enter to bootloader to install .img firmwares?

Comment

Hi,

So if I get the box new out of the box, I install the firmware (20180126.191102.V0928) from the update aplication, right?
                                Firmware in a usb stick and update from file. right?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X