Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone tell me why device is so so slow , even 25$ 1GB ram version x96 min is much faster then this device , i had tried multiple roms , included oem.

Comment

Those who are eperiencing the HDCP problem and can't play netflix. This is the only solution:
      It is a problem that your HDCP protection codes are erased or corrupted. Then you must have the original codes, and you must write them to the box. This can be written with adb and you must have the original code package for your box only.
      You can request this code package from the seller, or from mecool. I or any other can not give them to you. It is related to your box's serial number. Then the only way is request it from the seller...

Comment

Friends,
        Where can I find the latest original mecool firmware? I do not want nexus or other versions. I need the original one? I have M8S PRO W-ota-20171030.152444.V0619-fixed.zip file. Is this the latest one?

Comment

Originally posted by netlogger View Post
          Friends,
          Where can I find the latest original mecool firmware? I do not want nexus or other versions. I need the original one? I have M8S PRO W-ota-20171030.152444.V0619-fixed.zip file. Is this the latest one?
          Go to the first post. The link is under change log 20180311. The version is 20180126.

Comment

Originally posted by jajoness65t View Post
            Just want to say thanks to Magendanz for this ROM.

I flash this ROM on a W95 box (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_736117.htmlbox) that I been using for the past month. Everything worked fine apart from the remote that no longer work which I can live without.

I flash it the USB Burning Tool way and it flash without any error. It work much better than the original firmware that came with it.
            regarding this, Guest is there a way to fix this? I need the original remote.... perhaps with a firmware based on the tanix tx3 mini? sadly w95 stock firmware is also downscaled to 720p afaik

Comment

Originally posted by red dwarf View Post

Go to the first post. The link is under change log 20180311. The version is 20180126.
              thanks,
              but I tried that, it is not mecool launcher, it has Android TV launcher.
              I want firmwae with original mecool launcher(the white background). Do I make something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by netlogger

thanks,
                but I tried that, it is not mecool launcher, it has Android TV launcher.
                I want firmwae with original mecool launcher(the white background). Do I make something wrong?
                The last original mecool firmware has android TV launcher, they made android TV os for the mecool pro w

Enviado do meu Redmi 4X através do Tapatalk

Comment

HI MAGENDANZ CAN THIS UPGRADE WORK ON MY MECOOL MS8 PRO PLUS ALSO?

Comment

Hello!! I'm from Brazil, I bought this android box and it did not come with android Tv. My doubt is if I upgrade
                    I do not will the control function normally, because it does not support Android TV?

Comment

Pessoal atualizei a box, rom simplesmente fantastica muito obrigado por disponilizar esta rom android tv. Agora da sim da gosto de ver tv, netflix, youtube tudo em HD.

Comment

Hello all, can anyone help me to figure out which m8s I have? I bought it july 2017 and I am pretty sure its not l or w. It was flashed with different firmware so that option is out. It never worked without crashing so getting it running would be great.
                        The specs are:
                        CPU:Amlogic S912 64 bit Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2 GHz
                        GPU:ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)
                        SDRAM: 3GB DDR4
                        FLASH: 32GB EMMC Flash
                        WiFi:Built in 2.4G/5G WiFi Support IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
                        Blutooth:Bluetooth 4.1+HS
                        LAN Ethernet:100MRGMII
                        Video decorder:H.265 4K @60fps 10btis, VP9 Profile 2, H.264 4K @30fps, AVS+ 1080P @60fps
                        Video encorder:H.264 1080P @60fps
                        HDR:HDR 10,HLG HDR
                        Decoder format:HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265/HEVC , HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
                        Media format:Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
                        Music format:MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/TrueHD/HD/FLAC/APE
                        Photo format:HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
                        Network Function:Miracast,,Airplay,Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc.
                        Language:English,Chinese,Germany,Japanese,Korea,et c.24 languages

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceflare
                          Hello all, can anyone help me to figure out which m8s I have? I bought it july 2017 and I am pretty sure its not l or w. It was flashed with different firmware so that option is out. It never worked without crashing so getting it running would be great.
                          The specs are:
                          CPU:Amlogic S912 64 bit Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2 GHz
                          GPU:ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)
                          SDRAM: 3GB DDR4
                          FLASH: 32GB EMMC Flash
                          WiFi:Built in 2.4G/5G WiFi Support IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
                          Blutooth:Bluetooth 4.1+HS
                          LAN Ethernet:100MRGMII
                          Video decorder:H.265 4K @60fps 10btis, VP9 Profile 2, H.264 4K @30fps, AVS+ 1080P @60fps
                          Video encorder:H.264 1080P @60fps
                          HDR:HDR 10,HLG HDR
                          Decoder format:HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265/HEVC , HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
                          Media format:Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
                          Music format:MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/TrueHD/HD/FLAC/APE
                          Photo format:HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
                          Network Function:Miracast,,Airplay,Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc.
                          Language:English,Chinese,Germany,Japanese,Korea,et c.24 languages

Thanks for any help.
                          Yours os m8s pro l

Comment

Hello all..

I bought the M8S pro W, with old remote (without ATV).
                            I installed this firmware latest version, but two things ate least dont work:

- cast
                            - pair with google home (gives an error of a missing framework)

I think something is broken (cast related?!?) that causes both errors.

Can someone confirm this? Is there any fix or workaround ?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by zbuh
                              Hello all..

I bought the M8S pro W, with old remote (without ATV).
                              I installed this firmware latest version, but two things ate least dont work:

- cast
                              - pair with google home (gives an error of a missing framework)

I think something is broken (cast related?!?) that causes both errors.

Can someone confirm this? Is there any fix or workaround ?

Thanks!
                              Its a known problem you can see it in bugs....
                              For cast look for airscreen APP on PlayStore i try'd myself

Comment

But the "official" mecool version has cast working?

Comment

Working...
                                X