Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I've just received my M8S PRO W, I updated using the rom, and it didn't work. The device is bricked. Black screen. Is there a hope to recover it ? Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by ximi View Post
      Hi, after installing this firmware by OTA, my device restart and never again did an image appear on the screen, everything is black for more than restarting.

I tried to unbrick my device using Burn Card Maker but nothing appears.

In usb burning tool it appears as a connected device but it gives me an error in the installation (Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error) with every rom.

I can't open the recovery so I don't know what can I do now.

My device is MECOOL M8S PRO + 905w without reset button.

Thanks so much.

pd: I have the same problem than rimasi98 in this post: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-4-1-hs/page24

Hi, I have the same device, I was able to solve installing the M8S PLUS W (S905W) firmware with the USB Burning Tool, and after installing an OTA update of the M8S PRO W, it is not perfect, but the device works again, wifi and bluetooth won't work. Internet access only works via ethernet. I'm using it, at least until I find the correct firmware for this device, because the ones I found on the internet are for the S905X.

sorry for the english, i'm using google to translate.
      if you want the links and more instructions, send a message.

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiddum View Post
        Hi,
        I've just received my M8S PRO W, I updated using the rom, and it didn't work. The device is bricked. Black screen. Is there a hope to recover it ? Thanks...
        You can use USB Burning Tool with the firmware (.img) file.

Comment

Hi,
          thanks for the answer.
          I cannot use USB Burning Tool without resetting the device. There is no reset button as usual.
          The solution would be to short reset pins : but I can't find them on the board.
          Could anybody tell me where exactly the reset pins are on the picture above ??? I know they should be on the red circle, but I'm not sure ...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1809161133469343015896464.jpg
Views:	4403
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	745036

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiddum View Post
            Hi,
            thanks for the answer.
            I cannot use USB Burning Tool without resetting the device. There is no reset button as usual.
            The solution would be to short reset pins : but I can't find them on the board.
            Could anybody tell me where exactly the reset pins are on the picture above ??? I know they should be on the red circle, but I'm not sure ...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	1809161133469343015896464.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	745036

the reset pins
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_35254.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.3 KB ID:	745071

Comment

Originally posted by Nilsonslg View Post

Amigo segue este tutorial, foi assim que fiz na minha box.

M8S PRO W USB Upgrade Guide
              1. Copy the upgrade files to the root of TF card or USB device. (Tips: TF card or USB device file system must be FAT32 format)
              2. If use USB device to upgrade. Plug it into the OTG host of the box.
              3. Switch to APPS List, Find out the “UPDATE” application, and Press OK Key into sub-menu.
              4. Move the cursor to “Local Update” button, Press OK key to select the upgrade file. To be find out the upgrade file and Press OK key to confirm.
              5. Select the two checkbox of wipe data and Wipe Media. Move the cursor to “ Confirm” button and Press OK key to upgrade
              6. The upgrade process will take 3mins approximately. Please don’t power off during the upgrading . After upgrade finished, the box will reboot automatically.
              My device is Mecool M8S PRO W, 2/16GB
              I tried this method but Recovey terminate the proces because of Newer FW on board.., so I cannot use Local update...

After that I tried USB burning tool with M8S_PRO_W-V0928_TVStock-20180311.img - but every time I get error at 2% "usb control setup error"..., so is there any other way to flasth this Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM...

Comment

Hello, I've used an update via Local Update and possibly something went wrong. My box doesn't run at all, only I can see is a dark screen.

I was trying everything and nothing happened. The most known procedure I am following during flashing via USB burning tool: I short two pins - just these shown a few posts earlier, plug the cable in, click start, and.... an error.

The led is blue, after the operation is red. Also I noticed that my computer recognize plug-in/plug-out a couple times during the process.

Guys, I need your help
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

hi. hello to all. i´ve same problem like wojhan. my mecool m8s pro w. came with versions 7.1.2 i´ve triyed to downgrade everithing goes ok. then at the reboot dark screen, blue light and nothing else. try to flash again with pc and sd card and nothing work. by pc stop at 7%. any advice. b.r.

Comment

Just received my m8s pro W and got black screen after flash this rom. My board is the same as the one of ahdiddum.

Comment

Originally posted by Condorello View Post
                      Just received my m8s pro W and got black screen after flash this rom. My board is the same as the one of ahdiddum.
                      Hello
                      I am in the same situation, if you have a solution?
                      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by aznam View Post

Hello
                        I am in the same situation, if you have a solution?
                        Thank you.
                        Noto yet, tomorrow i'll bring home my laptop and try. I wanna try to flash with USB tool the factory image. In my experience with amlogic board it's impossibile to brick them to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Condorello View Post

Noto yet, tomorrow i'll bring home my laptop and try. I wanna try to flash with USB tool the factory image. In my experience with amlogic board it's impossibile to brick them to death!
                          thanks for your quick answer i tried with the usb tool but
                          it did not work, I have the following error: [0x30201004]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result

it's possible that I do not use the right firmware, the only one I found on the net is:
                          M8S PRO W-NHG47L-20171030.152444.V0619

while my box came with:
                          M8S PRO W-userdebug7.1.2 NHG47L 20180724.093649.V0213
                          not yet found for download

.Click image for larger version  Name:	CaptureM2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	22.7 KB ID:	745227

Click image for larger version  Name:	CaptureM.JPG Views:	1 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	745226

Comment

I have the same problem.

I have tried a variety of methods:

-For Micro SD I do not take it.
                            -For pendrive I could enter TWRP but it does not detect the internal storage (0 mB) and I already tried restarting in recovery mode and nothing, also with "Format Data" and changing the partition to Fat and then again to Ext4 which I did not let .
                            -For "USB Burning Tool" it reaches 7% and I get: "UBOOT / Disk initialize / Send command / Error result" or "Uboot / Get result / DiskInitial error" depending on the version of the program.

Help me please

PD: My USB cable is the cheapest there is, I do not know if that will cause the error in USB Burning Tool
                            Last edited by anonimo3.0; 09-18-2018, 00:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelo Filgueira View Post

Hi, I have the same device, I was able to solve installing the M8S PLUS W (S905W) firmware with the USB Burning Tool, and after installing an OTA update of the M8S PRO W, it is not perfect, but the device works again, wifi and bluetooth won't work. Internet access only works via ethernet. I'm using it, at least until I find the correct firmware for this device, because the ones I found on the internet are for the S905X.

sorry for the english, i'm using google to translate.
                              if you want the links and more instructions, send a message.
                              Can you give me the link of this ROM please? I could look for it but I want to try exactly the same ROM

Comment

Originally posted by anonimo3.0 View Post
                                Can you give me the link of this ROM please? I could look for it but I want to try exactly the same ROM

Here is the link, .img and .zip. i used to solve the problem on M8S PRO+ with S905W.

Comment

Working...
                                X