Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chmurson View Post

Thx, so I must return my device to warranty repair ;(
    Yes, you have to do that.

Comment

Maybe you need to ask for newer firmware i sold one M8S pro w yesterday, and buyer told me that he has problem with ethernet port too. I didnt tested it, and i didnt knew it is not ok the most of users usualy using only wifi.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
        Maybe you need to ask for newer firmware i sold one M8S pro w yesterday, and buyer told me that he has problem with ethernet port too. I didnt tested it, and i didnt knew it is not ok the most of users usualy using only wifi.
        Thanks for the tip. Knowing the life there is a high probability that something wrongly solder to the motherboard or other hardware mess up to series in chinese factory. I wrote to seller, but not reply for now.

Comment

i own a m8s pro w and i had an issue after flashing this rom.
          the first boot went ok but after a subsequent restart, i get the screen of the green droid with a red circle and X in it.
          the same happens when i try entering recovery.

how do i get my box back to default since recovery does not work as well?

Comment

Hello i'm trying by the bootcardmaker method and the update gets stuck. Even after 5min the green bar doesn't move. I only see the android icon and under "upgrading".

Any help please?

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

I have a mecool m8s pro w that I received yesterday.
              I followed the instructions in post nr 1. I copied the zip onto a usbstick and ran the update app and performed a local upgrade. I ticked both the checkboxes to erase cache and media if I remember correct. The new rom was installed and I watched the progressbar go to 100%, it felt correct. Then the screen went black. I waited for about 3 minutes in case it was booting up but nothing happend. I removed the power cord and inserted it again and nothing happens. The mecool led turns blue but nothing appears on the screen.

What happend? Is there a way to repair it? I created a bootable sd card with burn card but i couldnt find a reset button to put the device in recovery mode. I opende yhe chassi and found only solder points where the reset button should be. Is there a way for my the recover from this failure?

Best regards,
              Fredrik
              MK809III RK3188-T AP6210 running Neomode 3.1

Comment

Hi again,

I have red som more on this forum and I just get more confused about the different versions of the m8s pro/plus.

I have av m8s pro w (no Android tv and no remote).
                Is there a custom rom so that I can get Andorid TV on my unit?
                Can I flash it to plus first and from there flash/add Android tv?
                Can someone please point me to a forum thread if this is possible?

Best regards,
                Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik View Post
                  Hi again,

I have red som more on this forum and I just get more confused about the different versions of the m8s pro/plus.

I have av m8s pro w (no Android tv and no remote).
                  Is there a custom rom so that I can get Andorid TV on my unit?
                  Can I flash it to plus first and from there flash/add Android tv?
                  Can someone please point me to a forum thread if this is possible?

Best regards,
                  Fredrik
                  For MECOOL M8S Pro W (no android TV and no voice remote) you can install the firmware from the first post in the thread we are in.

WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with

Comment

Is that a little bit old version?

Comment

Is that a little bit old version?

Which ?

Comment

FW from first post. Its from march or?

Comment

FW from first post. Its from march or?

Yes... but it works...

Comment

It works? My box did Not boot...we talking bout same rom?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                              It works? My box did Not boot...we talking bout same rom?
                              Exactly the same problem for me. I used the OTA update package with the rom from post 1 in this thread. Now it won't boot only black screen. I red some where that my m8s might be to new for this rom to work? I'm so confused...

Comment

I am confused too since ( Novato I guess) mentioned there was an issue with bootloader incompability...

Maybe it was possible to delete bootloader out of the Magendanz zip?....Then bootloader won't be flashed? Do not know..

Image not available anymore?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X