Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read my post how to unbrick (page 27). After that i install rom with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by chmurson View Post
      Read my post how to unbrick (page 27). After that i install rom with no problem.
      Thank you. I will try

Comment

I followed the steps in you post. I changed the dates in both files BUT when i run local OTA with the rom M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213 i get an error stating that the installed fw is newer than the rom im trying to install.

MK809III RK3188-T AP6210 running Neomode 3.1

Comment

First You need upload M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img via Usb_Burning_Tool. Next change dates and upload new rom.
          This steps works for me.

Comment

First You need upload M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img via Usb_Burning_Tool. Next change dates and upload new rom.
            This steps works for me.
            That is exactly what I did and I got it to boot and got past the chines menu. Downloaded ES file explorer to the device,edited both files as described and saved them.
            I opended them again after saving them to double check the changes and they are still there. Still I get the error when i run the local OTA with new rom.

The only thing that is different is the dates that you want me to change. In your step 2 you write that i should change from 20180523 to 20180223 but the dates in the files is 20180622.
            I don?t know if this is a problem?

I?m doing exactly as you describe it step by step.

I saw in another post from you that you had the exact same error, you have two images showing two different errors and the last one show the same error as I get.

WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with

I?m unable to upload pictures here.....strange

Comment

follow this if you would like to convert M8s PLUS w to M8s PRO W or flash M8s PRO W firm:

At your own risk

Comment

My unbrick procedure (m8s pro w) - black screen, only red led.

We need male-male usb cable, I was made from two generally available microusb cables.
                Just cut them in half and connect wires one-to-one (red-red, black-black, green-green, blue-blue)

1. Run the USB_Burning_Tool program
                2. Connect the power supply to box and USB cable to port closer to the power plug (only this port working as modem)
                3. The program should detect the device, and You can proceed to upload img.

The matching firmware is M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img, others stopped at 7% with an error

4. After uploading the firmware, resetting the device, the first start takes a few minutes.
                My M8S PRO W has changed to PLUS W ;( and install some wird software (but finally work!!!!)

5, To fix this you need to follow the guide:
                https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/firmware-roms-tools-bj/752605-rom-oem-mecool-m8s- plus-in-android-tv-to-videostrong

After flashed, the first start takes a few minutes. TADA!
                We enjoy pure androidtv (not some Chinese junk soft)
                I already installed the m8s plus W and did the factory reset because of the chinese popup.

Now i need to do all this to revert to M8S PRO?

How to make it? Very simple, next a little tutorial:
                1. Download the M8S Pro W ATV OEM Firmware here.
                2. Using Es File Explore modify target Version Date (below).
                3. Put the firmware on the USB stick, connect to the box​​​​​​.
                4. Go to the UPDATE app, open and choose local update
                5. Choose firmware.zip from the root of the your pendrive.
                6. Check Wipe Data and Wipe Media, data will be cleaned.
                7. Press confirm and wait for the update to complete
                In step 2 you will need to make some changes to build.prop and default.prop, see below:

Go to system/build.prop, find the line "ro.buid.figerprint=Amlogic/p21x/p21x:7.1.2/NHG47L/20180523.122853.V0213:userdebug/". Change date '20180523' to '20180223' and save the change. Go to root/default.prop and repeat the same procedure above in /default.prop on last line:

On my device Wi-Fi did not start so I had to make another change in the build.prop

Note: You will need the Es File Explorer app, put a copy of the app on your pendrive before starting the process.
                1. Go to /data/misc/wifi/ now delete wpa_supplication.conf and NetworkHistory.txt.
                2. Shutdown your device and wait 20 minutes, turn on and connect on your wifi again.
                Save the modify and reboot you device. Congratulations!
                Especial thanks for: Magendanz Marcelo Filgueira and sappy
                Last edited by Novato; 11-30-2018, 10:16

Comment

Follow my Tutorial to get back to M8S Pro W, yes

Comment

Hello,

I have received this box few days ago and when I tried an OTA Update, my box finished by having everything erased (I saw an "erasing" at the end)
                    I tried USB Burning Tool but I'm stuck at 7% with this error :[0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error
                    I tried also with "Burn card maker", but impossible to boot from the SD card since everything is erased...

Do you have a solution by any chance ?

Comment

Flash this: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...nce#post753367

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                        Wow I love such awnsers
                        I downloaded it, flash was successful.
                        Then I linked it to my TV, but Remote control didn't work, but after unplug/plug it was okay

The Mecool logo disappeared fast, the android Logo was quite long and the "System first setup app" too

But once this messaged ended, I could use the TV remote, I removed the useless apps, but I have DRM issues, even if I installed the apk... Do you have a solution

The second start was way faster by the way .

Thank you very much for your help !

Comment

Worked!! my bricked box now as android tv rom working

Comment

Originally posted by Tm4ster View Post

Worked!! my bricked box now as android tv rom working
                            I'm glad I helped.
                            Can you check for me rj45 port (ethhernet) works in your box now?

Comment

I'm glad I helped.
                              Can you check for me rj45 port (ethhernet) works in your box now?
                              Wifi and ethernet both working great

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                                follow this if you would like to convert M8s PLUS w to M8s PRO W or flash M8s PRO W firm:

At your own risk
                                Just tried this method but I fail when I should select recovery image file in Flashify. I click select file and then Flashify freezes. No file dialog shows.
                                What could be the problem?
                                I'm starting to think that god doesn't want me to succeed with this rom change....

Comment

Working...
                                X