Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.-P.....just wait...expereinced same but it will succeed!

Kindly try one more time. If it will fail, then there is another rom, no problem!

Comment

Having the last rom Magendanz provided for my Mecool M8S Pro W I'm having problem with Netflix app, shows error without even entering the app. I suspect that Netflix has locked our device with it's latest releases. Is there someone here who has a working Netflix and if yes can he inform us about his Netflix app version?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hell yeah!

I finally managed to flash ATV to my m8s pro w. If it helps anyone I ended up doing it as duscribed in this thread

The first few times i couldnt get past the error about the rom beeing older than the installed rom even though I changed the dates in step 2. What I think made it work was that I restarted the box after I changed the dates. So after the restart I didnt get the error and everything went fine.

Thanks for your help.

MK809III RK3188-T AP6210 running Neomode 3.1

Comment

Ok so I've installed the ROM through the Update app. Now all I have is a black screen and a blue LED on the device. Is my box bricked? What do I do now?

Comment

hello guys,
            I can't update from the recovery I always get a long list of errors starting with E: failed to mount /cach (no such file or directory) ... what to do ??

Comment

I successfully installed this ROM to my Mecool Pro W (earlier normal version with Mecool stock launcher, not the newer ATV OS one) 2GB+16GB p21x version. What I did, I just put the OTA ZIP file downloaded from the first page of this thread to a flash drive, then install it using the OTA Updates inside the stock menu, just tick the 'Data Wipe' option only, then just leave it to the rest. It will took a while for the very first boot and then everything else boot as expected with fresh new looks of proper Android TV launcher. Thanks a lot Magendaz for this awesome ROM that you've prepared for the community. Really appreciated all your hard work mate. God bless you.
              Thanks In Advance

Comment

Hi I would have a question about a Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G android 7.1.2 firmware from 2018.07.24 blue motherboard Can I install this Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM

Comment

I recently purchased mecool m8s pro W box(NORMAL TV BOX) and I tried to flash the ATV rom of the same box via OTA. It got restarted and nothing is seen other than black screen. I tried the USB burning tool method as well as the card burn maker. Nothing worked so far. PLEASE help me, I tried this on the day of purchase and I am totally disappointed now.

Comment

You tried to flash via male-male cable?

Can you enter stock recovery?

Comment

I fixed the issue by flashing m8s plus w rom given here but I need ATV rom. Can that be possible ?

Comment

Originally posted by AkhilKumar99 View Post
                        I fixed the issue by flashing m8s plus w rom given here but I need ATV rom. Can that be possible ?
                        try the post #91 to recover your box

Comment

Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post

try the post #91 to recover your box
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...152#post755152
                          I have installed the ota. Zip along with recovery. Img given in the rar and the box turned to ATV but the Netflix and amazon prime video are not working. And the YouTube lags a lot with no chrome.

Comment

More over i installed the ota which was present in a rar from #17th page. Can anyone post the link for the latest ota of M8s pro W TV box(non atv box) installed M8s pro w ATV box version?

Comment

thanks
                              Last edited by chnkzr; 01-09-2019, 15:32.

Comment

Hi,

I ve downloaded Mecool M8s Pro W tv stock Nexus Rom and flash it as localk update via usb stick. It uploaded without any error message but once the update ends my tv box do not start. The blue led is on but there is nothing. I reset it but it did not respond. I bought my tv box from bangggood with the latest 2017 update on.

Could you please help me how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards

Comment

Guest commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  With this new hardware revision from Mecool, it seems the old firmware is completely incompatible. You'll need to find an OEM release built for the new hardware and flash it via USB Burning Tool. Because this device has no reset button, you'll need to open it up and short the pins on the PCB when you connect the USB cable so that it can be detected from your PC.
                              Working...
                              X