Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I just added a big red warning on the OP about the new incompatible M8S PRO W hardware revisions. Has anyone determined an easy way to detect if you've got the newer revision?

(For example, when Mecool changed the wireless chipset on the M8S PRO L, the new model descriptions on the back ended with "LB".)

Comment

Happen to me too flashed the latest custom rom from this thread on this m8s pro w and doesnt boot any more can anyone give me the way to flash the OEM for this new boxes

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

Any news on Netflix problem ??? Isn't there a solution?

Comment

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to install TWPR in the tv box mecool m8s pro w (p21X). I tried several times and I could not. Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            So, I just added a big red warning on the OP about the new incompatible M8S PRO W hardware revisions. Has anyone determined an easy way to detect if you've got the newer revision?

(For example, when Mecool changed the wireless chipset on the M8S PRO L, the new model descriptions on the back ended with "LB".)
            hi Magendanz I have one of the new m8s pro w can't install your Rom right now, i'm wondering if you are going to build one for the new hardware version ? please say you are I have the latest OEM firmware if that can help
            Last edited by mouayed; 01-22-2019, 23:00.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I wasn't planning to, since the performance on this box is marginal at best. I'm not really a fan of the S905W and I make heavy use of Bluetooth, so I wouldn't purchase another myself. When I bought the first one, I'd been hoping to get Bluetooth working with a USB dongle...but that never panned out.

Please! !!!!! Magendanz

Comment

Originally posted by apotsi View Post
              Any news on Netflix problem ??? Isn't there a solution?
              Nothing about that ???

Comment

NeW update
                M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213.zip
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

My Mecool M8S Pro W is running the firmware from the first post "update_M8S_PRO_W-V0928_TVStock-20180311.zip"

I also installed the BurnKey Tool when Netflix started to clamp down on these unofficial Android boxes, and all has been running well for several months.

A few days ago I was watching some YouTube videos when it threw me back to the homescreen. When I went back into YouTube, I found I was no longer signed in, and cannot sign back in to YouTube anymore.

I also can no longer load the Play Store, or Netflix, (get error code ui-800-3)

Anyone else getting this?
                  Has Google/Netflix put another stop on unofficial Android boxes?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190129-170031785.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	760602

Installation on my M8S ProW is frozen for about an hour :/

I did everything according to instructions:
                    I used BurnCardMaker to write M8S_PRO_W-V0928_TVStock-20180311.img on microSD card. No errors, success. Card is 100% good.
                    My Mecool was updated to newest official software.
                    I powered it off, inserted prepared card, powered on and nothing, judging by the progress bar it's stucked at 2% maybe!?

What should I do now? Power off and try again with M8S_PRO_W-V0928_Nano-20180311? Could it be because of too big size?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My guess is that you've got a new hardware revision that's incompatible with the old bootloader. If you try this via USB Burning Tool, you should get a (slightly) more meaningful error.

Okay but I can't boot the old system.
                    Could you advise where to download from flashable stock firmware?

Comment

Tried like a dozen times. On 2 computers, on 2 cables, even on XP VM. Always same error. Help please.

[spoiler]
                      Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units have a hardware revision that makes them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release.

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ?* la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: MECOOL M8S PRO W Android TV Box

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20180311):
                      • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180126.191102.V0928),.
                      • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
                      • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
                      • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180311).
                      Changelog (20180121):
                      • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171030.152444.V0619),.
                      • Fixed bug causing panels within classic Settings (Settings->More Settings) to crash.
                      • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
                      • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180121).
                      Changelog (20171201):
                      • Based on the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20171017.112143.V0619.zip), stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps.
                      • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
                      • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
                      • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
                      • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
                      Known Bugs:
                      • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                      Download:Notes:
                      • The underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
                      • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
                      • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
                      • The local terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options. (This must be revealed by clicking Settings->About->Build 7 times.)
                      • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
                      Credits:Donations:
                      • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	5 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659784Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	659789Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	3 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	659790Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	659785Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	3 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	659786Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	659791Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	659793Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	3 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	659792
                      [/spoiler]

Comment

Okay I bought second M8S Pro W.
                        Is there a way to dump rom from the new one and flash it on bricked one?

Also is there a way to try and boot your rom from sd/usb like CoreElec? Just boot it, leave the stock firmware untouched.

Comment

Originally posted by algdu831 View Post
                          NeW update
                          M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213.zip
                          https://mega.nz/#!YZZAnQBJ!JV9Soi7BY...5uJSLuYvshLaBY
                          Thanks for shared the the new firmware.

Is this version for M8s Pro W with Android TV? I am searching the last version for M8S Pro W without Android TV /Normal control without remote control.

Could somebody shered the laste version for M8S Pro W but without Android TV.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddydq View Post

Thanks for shared the the new firmware.

Is this version for M8s Pro W with Android TV? I am searching the last version for M8S Pro W without Android TV /Normal control without remote control.

Could somebody shered the laste version for M8S Pro W but without Android TV.

Thanks in advance for your help.
                            This version is without android tv

Comment

Working...
                            X