Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by algdu831 View Post

This version is without android tv
    Hello, sorry i'm newbie and don't understand about this new firmware. what you mean ''without android tv''?
    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by batistabomb View Post

Hello, sorry i'm newbie and don't understand about this new firmware. what you mean ''without android tv''?
      Thank you
      It is very simple to explain. There are two variants of this box. One comes with voice control and has Android TV installed, the other one comes without voice control and has normal Android installed as you know from your Smartphone.

Comment

thank you very much.

Comment

I manage to bring back my pro w bluetooth board have atv 20180802.12556.v0213
          No chance to install ATV from post ??
          And One thing have tvirl and live chanels .m3u list but cant see v?deo only sound any help?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by apotsi View Post

Nothing about that ???
            You can run Netflix on 720p under coreELEC.
            See https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...3-2-10-0/page9

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrage View Post

You can run Netflix on 720p under coreELEC.
              See https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...3-2-10-0/page9
              Excellent suggestion. Thanks a lot, my friend.

Now... as I am a noob ...
              I downloaded "CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.99.2-S905.img.gz" stable from the CoreELEC website. In the instructions it says to download the correct device tree. But there is none for the Mecool M8S Pro W in this page.
              As part of the CoreELEC install process you are required to copy a device tree from the device_trees folder on your sdcard/flash drive to the root folder of your sdcard/flash drive and rename it to dtb.img, failure to do so will result in either your box being unable to boot or network problems. Every device is built differently and there is so many to choose from on the market, you can find a list of some of these devices along with the corresponding DTB you must use on our download page here. ...

What to do ?

Comment

Originally posted by apotsi View Post

Excellent suggestion. Thanks a lot, my friend.

Now... as I am a noob ...
                I downloaded "CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.99.2-S905.img.gz" stable from the CoreELEC website. In the instructions it says to download the correct device tree. But there is none for the Mecool M8S Pro W in this page.
                As part of the CoreELEC install process you are required to copy a device tree from the device_trees folder on your sdcard/flash drive to the root folder of your sdcard/flash drive and rename it to dtb.img, failure to do so will result in either your box being unable to boot or network problems. Every device is built differently and there is so many to choose from on the market, you can find a list of some of these devices along with the corresponding DTB you must use on our download page here. ...

What to do ?
                I used gxl_p281_2g and it 's working.
                See also this thread for remote control configuration:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/sol...t-working/3546

Comment

WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with the S905W chipset, since these are basically just rebranded M8S PRO W boxes.

Changelog (20190216):
                  • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180827.121904.V0213).
                  • Now includes Miracast app and Bluetooth dongle support for voice remote.
                  • Developer Options now visible by default.
                  • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 with latest OEM kernel on OMNI twrp-8.1 branch.
                  • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20190209).
                  Known Bugs:
                  • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                  • Not all USB Bluetooth dongles will be recognized, but I'll be adding more drivers as I find them.
                  Download:

Comment

WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with

Hi,
                    Is this last image version compatible with the newer hardware (rev 2.2)?
                    Thank you

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I actually don't know, since I don't have one of the units with the new hardware revision. I'm hoping that some brave soul will tell me, though. ;-)

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                    WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with the S905W chipset, since these are basically just rebranded M8S PRO W boxes.

Changelog (20190216):
                    • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180827.121904.V0213).
                    • Now includes Miracast app and Bluetooth dongle support for voice remote.
                    • Developer Options now visible by default.
                    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 with latest OEM kernel on OMNI twrp-8.1 branch.
                    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20190209).
                    Known Bugs:
                    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                    • Not all USB Bluetooth dongles will be recognized, but I'll be adding more drivers as I find them.
                    Download:
                    If I am in the first version ATV from your first post, can I use the OTA Update package ?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can definitely use the signed OTA Update package, either from the Amlogic Update app or from TWRP. It's up to you whether you want to wipe data, though. It's not necessary for incremental updates like yours, but some like to start with a clean slate.

Amlogic Update App ???

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's an app called UPDATE&BACKUP in the OEM firmware. On my custom ROMs I updated the layout and made it available through Settings->About->System Update.

Excellent. Thank you very much !!! Keep up the good work, my friend !!!

Comment

Netflix TV app os giving me and error (-100) says i dont have internet for connection ... But everything else works fine Chrome, live channels every other apps works Any help?

Last edited by Tiagosantos; 02-20-2019, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiagosantos View Post
                        Netflix TV app os giving me and error (-100) says i dont have internet for connection ... But everything eles workshop fine Chrome, live channels every other apps works Any help?

Mine too. How do you watch live channels ?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You have to first install a live channels provider, such as Pluto. It will then show up. (Why they chose to hide it when Movies already provides the preview channel I'll never understand.)

Install a old version of Netflix, for example: 4-4-2

Comment

Working...
                        X