Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apotsi View Post

Mine too. How do you watch live channels ?
    Install tvirl and have a .m3u list configure trough tvirl and the live channels Will apear

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiagosantos View Post
      ...and have a .m3u list configure trough tvirl and the live channels Will apear
      Didn't get the last part. Is there any guide ?

Comment

Didn't get the last part. Is there any guide ?
        Download an .m3u list of channels install tvirl from play store you'll see live channels app now on homescreen, now Open tvirl app and configure it select the .m3u list you download and now live channels Will work

Comment

Originally posted by Tiagosantos View Post
          Download an .m3u list of channels install tvirl from play store you'll see live channels app now on homescreen, now Open tvirl app and configure it select the .m3u list you download and now live channels Will work

From where can I download the .m3u list ?

Comment

From where can I download the .m3u list ?
            Nope you have to download One from Chrome or create one

Comment

How to boot to CoreELEC ? I have this version installed from Mangendanz. I have created the usb drive.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Please take discussions about CoreELEC to the another topic. This one is about my custom ROM for the M8S PRO W.

Hi Magendanz,

I took burn package and I manage to install this rom. But this is not a TV OS. This is the Nexus android os , isn't it?
              I did something wrong? because I can see any environment like the images in your first post.

Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I suppose it's possible I built with either the Nano or Stock system image, but the links and file sizes look right. Which link did you use?

How to boot to CoreELEC ? I have this version installed from Mangendanz. I have created the usb drive.
              I ask this here, because I have installed your version. That is the only reason.

Comment

Hi Magendanz,

I use this one M8S_PRO_W-V0213_Stock-20190216.img and I'm afraid I choose the wrong img. I think I have to use this one M8S_PRO_W-V0213_TVStock-20190216.img.

Sorry, my friend. I'll get back to you if I have any trouble.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah, that would make more sense.

Please for you help!!! Netflix not working error (-100)

Comment

Originally posted by DmT75 View Post
                  And it won't work. Only Netflix certified devices will work. Google them on Netflix site.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DmT75 View Post
                    Remove this version of Netflix and download an old version, for example: 4-4-2

Comment

I use TV Stock Rom from Magendanz. I had read that m8s pro w has L1 DRM so I tried to install Netflix (TV version) but with no luck (error -100). Nether old ones.
                      Version 4.9 of Netflix for tablet or phone works but only with SD resolution. Despite that this version of Netflix is impossible to put it on the home screen.

Generally, I understood that if you want Netflix HD , DON'T buy tv boxes like mecool or any other similar device. Just go straight to Fire stick TV or Xiaomi Box or something like this.....because 2 days now I'm reading and reading articles to fix this with Netflix HD and all of them are fake.....No one can give you the solution or a straight answer : Can Mecool m8s pro w plays Netflix HD? and if yes how?

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, Netflix and YouTube TV used to work with these Mecool boxes with Widevine L1...and then they started only supporting whitelisted devices that had been officially certified. It was nice while it lasted!

Hello Magendanz, I use this M8S_PRO_W-V0213_TVStock-20190216.img. TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with the latest OEM kernel does not work properly so I returned the original recovery. ROM works fast and stable and I'm happy with it.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So which doesn't work properly? TWRP 3.2.1-0 or the new TWRP 3.2.3-0 that was in the 20190216 release?

TWRP 3.2.3-0 which is built into this ROM M8S_PRO_W-V0213_TVStock-20190216.img.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just verified that it boots to TWRP with no errors after flashing my original M8S PRO W with the 20192016 burn package, and the restore.img in the OTA update is identical. Could you elaborate more on "does not work properly" so that I can try to reproduce the problem here? Also, which hardware revision are you using?
                    Working...
                    X