Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illiac4 View Post
    It asks for password.
    Have download it and tried to install but now it says:
    mount: failed to mount /dev/block/system at /system: No such file or directory
    file_getprop: failed to stat ˝/system/build.prop: No such file or directory
    Updater process ended with error: 7
    Updating partition details:Faild to mount /cache (invalid argument)
    Updating partition details:Faild to mount /system (invalid argument)
    Updating partition details:Faild to mount /data (invalid argument)

Is there maybe available img file for this update (official) so I can update from sd card with burn card maker?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      You managed to wipe your system partition, so it can't do the environment checks. You could try to remove them from the update script entirely, or the safer bet would be to revert to a known-good USB flash with USB Burning Tool. Just attach the male-to-male Type A USB cable, load the amlogic burn package (.img file), hit Start, and type "reboot update" from the TWRP Terminal.

File: http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...2444.V0619.img

I really do not care anymore if it is safe or not. I will just smash it into the wall.
    Last try how can i remove checks and install official firmware onto it?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Just remove the first few lines of the update-script file that call getprop() to check the environment and then repack the .zip file.

official fw sucks...if I am right there is an ATV rom striped down...the only really good runnning one..

Comment

I would use this firmware but there is a problem that the keyboard is not working. On official it has been working.

Comment

ok, understand

Comment

Originally posted by luismtzluna View Post
          Hi.
          Will this rom work on a cooleme cm-m1 (it's a clone of the mecool m8s pro)?
          I tried to install it but it tells me that this rom is for another device.
          Thank you
          Hello...

Did you get this ROM to work in your cooleme cm-m1 box please?
          If yes then how please

Many thanks
          Hannah

Comment

Hello,

I have this box:

I understand this CooleMe CM-MM1 is a clone of Mecool M8s pro W

Can I use this ROM please?

Pictured of the PCB Board

This is from build.prop

```
            ro.board.platform=gxl
            ro.build.product=p21x
            ro.build.description=CM-MM1-userdebug 7.1.1 NHG47L 20171106.162044.V0928
            ro.build.fingerprint=Amlogic/p21x/p21x:7.1.1/NHG47L/20171106.162044.V0928:userdebug/
            ro.build.characteristics=mbx,nosdcard
            ```

Further details of my issues are here:

Few of my posts are here:

Issue: NO wifi coreelec 9.0.1 CooleMe CM-MM1 S905W 2gb/16gb What is working: Ethernet is working fine. Wifi can see the SSIDs but cannot connect The android rom works OK with wifi This is a seller for this box: I understand this CooleMe CM-MM1 is a clone of Mecool M8s pro W Here are the details from the box via ssh: cooleme:~ # cat /etc/release Amlogic.arm-9.0.1 cooleme:~ # uname -a Linux cooleme 3.14.29 #1 SMP Wed Feb 27 00:10:49 GMT 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux cooleme:~ # cat /proc/devi...

Kind regards
            Hannah

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably. Only VideoStrong (Mecool) uses that p21x reference design. (Amlogic uses p212 or p281.). My guess is that it's an exact clone, but you might not have Widevine L1.

I'd give it a try, but the usual caveats apply.

Hello @Magendanz
            Thank you for your response.
            Since I do not have a copy of the OEM firmware, if things go pear shaped I cannot revert back.

Do you have a suggestion for me please? Is your ROM flashable via TWRP, please?
            Also does WiFi work in your ROM please?

I have tried coreelec, libreelec. alexelec but WIFI does not work. (https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/not...wifi-chip/4114)

Apologies for asking too many questions.

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by apotsi View Post
              I ask this here, because I have installed your version. That is the only reason.
              Anybody Please ? From CoreELEC forum they tell me that it might be an issue with this custom, with its u-boot environments (I don't know what is that).

Hi there !! My MECOOL M8S Pro W won’t boot to CoreElec. It goes straight to TWRP. I am using a USB Drive, not an SD card. I have tried both USB ports. I used the correct DTB file (gxl_p281_2g.dtb) as dtb.img. Any help please ??

Comment

Anybody Please ? From CoreELEC forum they tell me that it might be an issue with this custom, with its u-boot environments (I don't know what is that).

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/mec...t-to-twrp/4372
                I answered you at the above thread at CoreELEC forum.

Comment

Originally posted by noths View Post

I answered you at the above thread at CoreELEC forum.
                  Thanks !!!

Comment

Thanks !!!
                    Hello.. does Wifi work for your device "MECOOL M8S Pro W" ( coreelec , nexus rom etc)?

Thank you.

Comment

What are the advantages of installing this Nexus ROM? Does Prime Video work? Does the Android TV version of Netflix work? Does DAZN work?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi!

I have bought Mecool M8S PRO W from gearbest and i have problems when watching IPTV. On some players picture freezes and tv box is turning off by itself. I haven't had any problems watching youtube on it. Also i can confirm that IPTV with the same built in player is working without any issues on other tv boxes with S905W processors.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mrcina2102 View Post
                          Hi!

I have bought Mecool M8S PRO W from gearbest and i have problems when watching IPTV. On some players picture freezes and tv box is turning off by itself. I haven't had any problems watching youtube on it. Also i can confirm that IPTV with the same built in player is working without any issues on other tv boxes with S905W processors.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you!
                          Maybe it is an overheating problem. Try to have a fan directly on it. Or, if it's not under warranty, open it an the put a fan over it.

Comment

Working...
                          X