Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hannah View Post

Hello.. does Wifi work for your device "MECOOL M8S Pro W" ( coreelec , nexus rom etc)?

Thank you.
    Wifi works fine with Nexus. I haven't tried with CoreELEC, since I am working with ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by apotsi View Post
      Wifi works fine with Nexus. I haven't tried with CoreELEC, since I am working with ethernet.
      Okay thanks for this answer.

Comment

Hello, i installed this rom on my Mecool M8S Pro+ with S905W, it's working but very slowly, can i do something to solve this?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The S905W is a very slow chipset, and most ODMs don't even try to drive the UI at full HD resolution because it's so bad. In my opinion, the S905W is so underpowered that it's pretty much worthless for streaming media on Android.

Guest Ok, thanks for responding, i'll back to stock rom.

Comment

Hello All,
          This is an update of installing this ROM. Please review my earlier details of this box here:

What is NOT working:
          - Known issue. Installed Netflix from Play Store and is giving this error. (Sorry could not reach the Netflix Service. Netflix (-100)). Will install older version of Netflix and shall update.

What's working:
          - Remote is fully working
          - Wifi is working
          - Youtube and KODI are working in 1080p
          - This ROM is rooted and have TWRP Recovery v-3.2.3-0

Question:
          - How to disable advertisement in youtube app?

My TV Box:

Code:
          [I]CooleMe[/I] CM-MM1 (It is a clone of Mecool M8s pro W)
          Board: p21x
          2GB/16GB
          Print on the Blue PCB Board: M8S_W_REV1_0 2017-08-19
          Rom File Location: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgb0HoNTlFfxHUd4F2w
          ROM File Name: M8S_PRO_W-V0213_TVStock-20190216.img

I have installed this rom via Burn Card Maker (an alternate method) and it was successful. (https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...er-v2-0-2.html)

This is the setting of the Burn card Maker while writing this ROM on a SD card:

Steps:
          - Start the box in the Stock ROM
          - Enable Developers Option (https://android.tutorials.how/enable-developer-options/)
          - Connect to this box via adb over TCP
          Code:
          C:\opt\adb>adb connect 192.168.1.250
          connected to 192.168.1.250:5555
          C:\opt\adb>adb devices
          List of devices attached
          192.168.1.250:5555 device
          C:\opt\adb>adb reboot update # to install this Nexus ROM
          Kind regards

part of build.prop

Code:
          # begin build properties
          ro.build.id=NHG47L
          ro.build.display.id=M8S PRO W-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180827.121904.V0213
          ro.build.version.release=7.1.2
          ro.build.version.security_patch=2017-12-01
          ro.build.date=Mon Aug 27 12:19:03 CST 2018
          ro.build.type=userdebug
          ro.build.user=magendanz
          ro.build.host=freaktab
          ro.product.model=Nexus M8S PRO W
          ro.product.brand=Amlogic
          ro.product.name=p21x
          ro.product.device=M8S_PRO_W
          ro.product.board=p21x

Comment

Futher update re: Netflix.

I now have installed Netflix app from here and Netflix is working with this ROM. This only plays NETFLIX in SD and not HD.

Many thanks

Question: I have Netflix HD subscription. Is it possible to play NETFLIX in HD please?
            Last edited by hannah; 04-22-2019, 01:39.

Comment

Hi Guest . Is your firmware compatibile with blue PCB board v2.2? On box is installed this fw version: 20180724.093649.V0213. Tnx in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
                Hi Guest . Is your firmware compatibile with blue PCB board v2.2? On box is installed this fw version: 20180724.093649.V0213. Tnx in advance!
                YES
                USB Burning Tool v2.0.8

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...&action=locate

OTA UPDATE:

Comment

Thanks for reply. I installed this firmware. And YES, this firmware has problem with WiFi too, as originaly firmware. After some time of using WiFi, download speed drops for more ~60%. My connection speed is 20/2Mbps. After I used box for some time (watching youtube, using kodi etc), WiFi download speed drops on 5-7Mbps, and only solution (for some time) of this problem is to reset WiFi (disable/enable Wlan card). Prove for this problem is video I recorded. First, speed test show download speed of 6-7Mbps. After I reset WiFi, speed back to normal (~20Mbps).

Last edited by kolinsb; 04-24-2019, 12:42.

Comment

Hi the Burn image link download doesnt work

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Seems to be working fine for me.

Originally posted by uscool View Post
                    Hi the Burn image link download doesnt work

Thanks
                    Hi, had VPN one works without it

Thanks

Comment

Hello guys just wanted to ask i have a mecool m8s pro W and the firmware on it is 90636038 in settings it says 7.1.2 version! how can i upgrade the firmware? what can i do? thanks!

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There are no Oreo or Pie OEM ROMs for the M8S PRO W, at least not that I've seen from VideoStrong. In fact, Amlogic's ongoing SDK support for the S905W is hard to determine, since it's not showing up in their tables: http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox

Hello!
                      Magendanz I installed this ROM and works 30 times better than stock one that I had, no freezing or anything else (mega deep sleep when inactive) now so thank you for that!
                      But the problem is TWRP, i cant find single TWRP which works, even tho one comes with ROM, I cant mount anything in TWRP. I tried some from other posts here but same result.
                      I swipe the bar to allow system modifications, I get in TWRP menus and stuff, everything is clickable but it cant mount system,data etc., and when im rebooting to system it says no OS detected, but still boots to my OS.
                      I read through most of posts but people usually talk about REV 2.2 which i dont own. Is there any workaround or TWRP which i missed?

I have blue board REV 1.4 , july 2018.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

but is there any custom rom for the m8s pro w? thats what i asking

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You mean other than these (my Nexus TVStock, Stock & Nano)? No, I'm not aware of any others.

yes thats what i mean any other rom for this box this stock rom sucks

Comment

Working...
                      X