Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i had tested the rom about one week now...

cons
    Comparing with stock is more slow, you can notice that when you install apks.
    You can not install apks that are not for android tv. Lets say normal Play Store that i had with the stock rom.

pros
    Menu now is more ANDROID TV.
    Temperature are lower from stock.
    Screen does not freeze.
    You can close apps from the background.

Questions...
    How can i enter TWRP mode?
    If i install magisk is there any possibility i break the rom testing apps and modes?

Thank you Magendanz. I hope the maintaining continuous.

Comment

Latest update 20190104
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

From

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I hadn't realized that VideoStrong was hosting a stock ROM repository now. Thanks for the link!

I would like to install nexus on my mecool pro w because I have some freezing while I'm watching IPTV dunno why... It seems that the link of newest rom of nexus that Magendanz posts doesn't let me download... Can anyone please give me the nexus rom link for download? Thanks

Comment

Do you have a video that shows how to update? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by acconcia123 View Post
        Do you have a video that shows how to update? thanks
        This is a same
        Simple
        https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/mecool/firmware-roms/751372-rom-mecool-m8s-pro-lb-stock-nano-nexus-rom-andro...

Comment

Originally posted by fred2617 View Post
          bonjour

Hello is the rom compatible with m8s pro w REV.2.3
          No, I've bricked my box after flashing this software. Rev2.3 has a different board.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            M8S PRO W ]
            Hi
            I have found that firmware from lunn
            Ota version
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Img version

Tested in my m8s pro w (lunn is same m8s)
            Is the best rom
            All working and fast
            drm L3
            I dont have black screen in molotovtv and netflix phone
            Plase can you convert this rom to androidtv
            Pleaaaase
            Thanks

Comment

I have installed this ROM from the first link.
              I have used USB Burning Tool.

My TV BOX: A95XF1 Amlogic S905W 2GB 16GB 2.4G WIFI TV Box

Everything is working except the REMOTE.

Can someone suggest how to get the IR remote working please?

Regards
              Hannah

Comment

Originally posted by algdu831 View Post
                Hi
                I have found that firmware from lunn
                Ota version
                https://mega.nz/#!7RV3WIKJ!ZqEljfbbT...vtQ-DkBlvILaw8
                Img version
                https://mega.nz/#!7IsxCKCS!ZDzQ9P3cC...vxLSImlZr2PiHQ

Tested in my m8s pro w (lunn is same m8s)
                Is the best rom
                All working and fast
                drm L3
                I dont have black screen in molotovtv and netflix phone
                Plase can you convert this rom to androidtv
                Pleaaaase
                Thanks
                Latest
                Lunn-ota-20190828.123350.V0213

Comment

hello Magendanz. if i make an ota updateι i will lose my unroot ?
                  also i have one problem with the home button it is not working and i cant close the open apps ,any advice ?
                  thank you in advance

Comment

Hello,

I am having an issue with my Mecool M8S Pro W rev. 2.3 after trying to flash the Nexus rom on it. It bricked, red led, black screen, reset working, the only thing that worked was shorting the pins on the Nand flash. Now it gets detected by pc everytime I plug the usb into it. But...I can't find any good images to flash on it ( tried more than 15 ). Most of them get stuck at 4% with Usb burn maker or 7% ( [0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/Disk Initial error ). 90% of them aren't bootable with SD card maker, and those who do work, get stuck at like 2-3% on tv at "upgrading..." ( Lunn-NHG47L-20190418.114957.V0213.img , this one is among the few that is accepted by the tvbox on the SD card ). I am running out of ideas on how to get it working. Can anyone help me with a good firmware image ? I contacted Gearbest support in order to ask for a good working image to flash and they said they'll refund me ( which is good ), but nothing about the stock firmware. Maybe I am doing something wrong, since I'm only a beginner, or I just don't have a propper firmware image for this revision.

Comment

Just think of buying the MECOOL M8S PRO W for 25$, "GB/16GB. Do you guys recommend? Or better pickup another one? Kind regards

Comment

Can anyone help me about the issue with not working home button? I can t close apps and one more problem with screen saver it is not working

Comment

is this compatible with x96 mini s905w?

Comment

Hi, great work,

I've Installed the ROM in a M8S Pro W rev 1.0 and im getting the error (-100) could not connect to Netflix when I try to use Netflix, is there a fix?
                            Also when you try to send a video to youtube it gives a connection error, but if you manually add the TV using the code provided in the app it works as long as you have youtube app open

Comment

Working...
                            X