Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hannah View Post
    Futher update re: Netflix.

I now have installed Netflix app from here and Netflix is working with this ROM. This only plays NETFLIX in SD and not HD.

Many thanks

Question: I have Netflix HD subscription. Is it possible to play NETFLIX in HD please?
    I'm having the same issue and the link is dead, do you have another link? I've tried with APK mirror but gives the same error

Comment

Hi Guest you are GENIUS.

I am using M8S PRO+ with S905W. When s see in the Terminal Emulator app, it shows M8S Pro W. So this model had Android TV when i purchased it with Widevine L1 but when i open the Netflix ATV app it shows error, unable to connect to Netflix service (-100). Tried everything but couldnt fix. So thought to update to your Nexus ATV Rom for Mecool M8S Pro W mainly to get the Netflix ATV going. But still getting the same error.

- What could be the reason and how can i fix it? Get Netflix ATV since it has Widewine L1, do i need to do any kind of update for Widevine L1?
      - Also how can i go back to stock atv that came with the box? Unable to update using the ota zip file in changelog. I guess i need the .img file.
      - Also not able to update to atvxperience, redpoison firmware at all.

Much appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'm totally confused how to flash my Mecool M8S pro W..
        I have original firmware on it about two years old right now it freezes all the time and takes forever to open apps either I can factory reset it or add new firmware is there a step by step how to do the firmware thank you

Comment

Originally posted by algdu831 View Post
          Hi
          I have found that firmware from lunn
          Ota version
          https://mega.nz/#!7RV3WIKJ!ZqEljfbbT...vtQ-DkBlvILaw8
          Img version
          https://mega.nz/#!7IsxCKCS!ZDzQ9P3cC...vxLSImlZr2PiHQ

Tested in my m8s pro w (lunn is same m8s)
          Is the best rom
          All working and fast
          drm L3
          I dont have black screen in molotovtv and netflix phone
          Plase can you convert this rom to androidtv
          Pleaaaase
          Thanks
          Lunn-ota-20191221.164222.V0213

hi
          Magendanz any news?

Comment

Hello Guest and to all users!

I'm new to the forum although it's not the first time i come here for help. When it comes to Android boxes i know this is the place to look for answers.
            I own a Mecool M8S Pro W, i've tried updating stock firmware and the last firmware i applied was a "Lunn-ota" update, but even that one didn't fix the problem with this particular box.
            I'm hoping this Nexus custom rom will solve my problem.
            When i'm using the box for more than half an hour (30 min) it just freezes and i can only solve it by restarting the box, does this happen with this Nexus custom rom as well?
            Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by we the north View Post
              Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'm totally confused how to flash my Mecool M8S pro W..
              I have original firmware on it about two years old right now it freezes all the time and takes forever to open apps either I can factory reset it or add new firmware is there a step by step how to do the firmware thank you

If you download the OTA file it's a simple procedure, just folow the guide i uploaded.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MancaMulas View Post
                Hello Guest and to all users!

I'm new to the forum although it's not the first time i come here for help. When it comes to Android boxes i know this is the place to look for answers.
                I own a Mecool M8S Pro W, i've tried updating stock firmware and the last firmware i applied was a "Lunn-ota" update, but even that one didn't fix the problem with this particular box.
                I'm hoping this Nexus custom rom will solve my problem.
                When i'm using the box for more than half an hour (30 min) it just freezes and i can only solve it by restarting the box, does this happen with this Nexus custom rom as well?
                Thanks for the help.
                Hello Guest

So i decided to apply this ROM, but i didn't like the fact that i couldn't intall some of the usual apps i use on android like Microsoft's Outlook.
                Now i tried installing different ROMS through OTA update (About Device > System Update), but i keep getting failed with the updates, why is that happening? Am i doing something wrong?
                Sorry but i'm no expert when it comes to Android...

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some of the OEM OTA updates needed to have their scripts fixed so that they would install with TWRP. These are marked with the "-fixed" tag in my file archives here: http://freaktab.org/27~f

Hello Guest !

First of all thanks for replying back.
                I'm not really interested in OEM OTA updates because i tried several ROM's and with all of them the box just keeps freezing after a while.
                I was trying to install, instead, your other ROM (Mecool M8S PRO W Stock & Nano Nexus ROM) through OTA, but even that kept failing on TWRP...
                I use OTA updates because i don't really know how to use IMG files, because i can't make my computer recognize my box, i installed drivers and the tool, and i turn on the box on TWRP and connect it to the computer but it doesn't regognize it. If someone could enlighten me on this matter i would truly appreciate it.

Comment

hi
                  can someone help me, cant burn this firmware with usb burning tool for my m8s pro+ atv 2g/16g flash za (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363)
                  it stop at 4% with error "enum device error)

Comment

Originally posted by rod93 View Post
                    hi
                    can someone help me, cant burn this firmware with usb burning tool for my m8s pro+ atv 2g/16g flash za (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363)
                    it stop at 4% with error "enum device error)
                    Hi rod93

Try unchecking "Erase bootloader" on the USB buning tool utility. I was having that same problem on a similar box and that worked for me.

Comment

thank but already try same problem the only firmware i can't installe is lunn i don't know why

Comment

Originally posted by rod93 View Post
                        thank but already try same problem the only firmware i can't installe is lunn i don't know why
                        I installed Lunn on a Mecool M8S Pro W this last weekend through BurnCard Tool. have you given that way a try?

I installed the Stock Nexus ROM on that same box and i bricked it cause it was the v2.3 board. I only managed to bring it back alive through that method and i installed Lunn on it.
                        Follow this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfKNNgxb9E

Comment

Posting again after one year. I bought a new box back then, but I found my old M8S PRO W today while doing some cleaning so I'll give it a shot again here:

I am having an issue with my Mecool M8S Pro W rev. 2.3 after trying to flash the Nexus rom on it. It bricked, red led, black screen, reset working, the only thing that worked was shorting the pins on the Nand flash. Now it gets detected by pc everytime I plug the usb into it. But...I can't find any good images to flash on it ( tried more than 15 of them ). Most of them get stuck at 4% with Usb burn maker or 7% ( [0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/Disk Initial error ). 90% of them aren't bootable with SD card maker, and those who do work, get stuck at like 2-3% on tv at "upgrading..." ( Lunn-NHG47L-20190418.114957.V0213.img , this one is among the few that is accepted by the tvbox on the SD card ). I am running out of ideas on how to get it working. Can anyone help me with a good firmware image ?
                          The board has a P21X motherboard and someone from another forum told me that I have SpecTek MLC-Nand FBML95B71KDBABH6-10AL

Comment

Edit: these are the IMGs I have tried so far => https://imgur.com/Yebndyl

Comment

Edit2: in case there still are people using this forum: because my box has Spectek ML95B7 nand, it needs either the stock rom or a modified rom from another box with this Nand. The only one I know is T95 S1 2GB ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IX9...H6Ej80vEJ/view ) but that one uses another board compared to my board's P21X.

Comment

Working...
                              X