No announcement yet.

[ROM][OEM] Mecool M8S Plus W (Android TV) by VideoStrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess this rom is not true ATV btw....

@4PDA they say that TX3mini firm will work on this device! If so, then you can even loadup x96mini firm 4sure. If so...then x96mini recovery is supposed to work too..

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=870267

Further this might help, credits to URASIK 66:
    (
    https://w3bsit3-dns.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=773971&st=17100)

If you do not have root rights, you can try this method:
    Installation Recovery TWRP Android 7.1.2

1. First install TWRP here this way:
    Download from SD card:
    1. Download: recoveryTWRP_3.2.0_7.1.2.img https://yadi.sk/d/-8zWzTly3SzGWa and rename it as recovery.img Attached filerecoveryTWRP_3.2.0_7.1.2.img (13,42 MB)

2. Copy TWRP recovery.img to the root of your external SD card
    3. Turn off the device.
    4. Turn on the device by pressing the reset button (and holding it) in the AV port (use a thin non-metal object - for example, a toothpick, etc.).
    5. Your device will boot into TWRP
    6. Use to install TWRP 'flash image' recovery.img, for this you need to select
    - option "Install"
    - Select "Select Storage" in this menu and select "Micro SDCard" and click OK
    - then select the menu item "Install Image" and select rcovery.img
    - on the right side of the "Select Partition to Flash Image", select the "recovery" item and make "Swipe to confirm Flash".
    7. Reboot to recovery, TWRP should boot.

OK, I am so stupid since the box does not have sd slot....
    Last edited by soldiaz; 12-02-2018, 19:23. Reason: stupis post...

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
      I would like to share my experience:

1. Install TWRP.apk which enables you the opportunity to flash TWRP recovery
      2. 1st problem: I flashed TWRP.img then reboot. I can see TWRP logo but box stucks @TWRP logo
      3. Booted up system then flashed recoveryS905w.img (seems like stock)
      4. Booted up into recovery from 3. and tried to load up universal TWRP VitMod
      5. 2nd problem: Recovery refuses to load...says sth like cache cannot be loaded and sth bout blocks

Now I have big problem since system does not start anymore just starts into recovery :-P...gonna flash through Burning Tool

If I remember right I experienced same problem with x96mini ....with specific software version I could not load up vitmod universal TWRP. Had to downgrade....

I dont know wether it is possible to flash stock recovery from x96mini (which accepts universal twrp) then there would not be a problem.. M8S Plus W has reference p281

p.s.: you can boot into stock like this: unplug, then replug and press recovery button within AV hole. Worked!

thanks for your detailed informations. So i prefer not to try to install TWRP at this moment, can live with it.But it is the only device without TWRP which i have

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
        my big, big problem is the wifi speed and that i don?t have a port to connect network cable, too bad.

soldiaz, which is your wifi speed when you run fast app ? you have also the 1 GB Mecool MS8 Plus W with 16GB space?
        soldiaz can you tell me your experience concerning what i wrote about wifi speed, thanks

Comment

I got the same problem as you after i could flash this rom: M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img with USB Tool.

the launchers shows also 2 seconds then comes the chinese menu, i tried also to insert the barcode 211...but did not resolve.
          I also pressed the home button, but home screen did not appear, stays on chinese menus

soldiaz Could you resolve it?Click image for larger version

Name:	m8s_Plus_W_chinese2.jpg
Views:	1725
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	753243
          I find if you select MAC /Wifi box then press back or home button it goes to the normal home screen

Comment

I managed to flash twrp and Bootes into!!!!

but cant flash through twrp dass Digest file missing

Comment

Is here somebody who could install the atvxperience S905W rom on the M8S Plus W (1GB) box???

I mean this rom https://www.atvxperience.com/downloads/
              A doubt, why you are wanting to install a firmware ATV that is not compatible for your device, when in this topic here has an ATV firmware compatible with your device?

Comment

I managed to flash twrp and Bootes into!!!!

but cant flash through twrp dass Digest file missing
                Custom Recovery is great when you have a mobile with active development, many ROMs to test and various mods. It's incredible, but honestly I see no use in having a TWRP for this device that barely has a functional firmware.

Comment

I dont care, can be another! Which one so you suggest?

Comment

Why does twrp not Work?

I installed M8S Pro W fw (1st) post without editing anything.

Needed: flashify, powermenu

1. Grab M8s Pro W .rar from 1st post
                    2. Extract
                    3. Get recovery.img from M8sPro W dir and put on USB Stick along with flashify and M8sPro W update.zip
                    4. Bootup device
                    5. INstall flashify
                    6. Start flashify and select Flash receovery. Then choose file recovery.img from USB Stick and flash
                    7. INstall powermenu.apk and launch, select reboot recovery
                    8. In Recovery select update.zip
                    9. Wipe cache, factory reset
                    10. Boot to system

DONE

Because of this, isn't it possible to flash like mentioned x96mini recovery which lets us launch universal TWRP???
                    Last edited by soldiaz; 12-03-2018, 09:39. Reason: Added sth

Comment

Wifi works without editing!

Universal TWRP can be booted through M8S Pro W recovery too!

Last edited by soldiaz; 12-03-2018, 09:56.

Comment

tombraga : I can confirm that Box is very slow ...I I feel Like wifi is slow too but did Not a benchmark.

Follow up my Tutorial of easily convert M8s Plus W to Mecool M8S Pro W ATV. No cable needed. I will try magendanz ' custom atv Nexus rom which is based on Mecool M8s pro W

Comment

tombraga : I can confirm that Box is very slow ...I I feel Like wifi is slow too but did Not a benchmark.

Follow up my Tutorial of easily convert M8s Plus W to Mecool M8S Pro W ATV. No cable needed. I will try magendanz ' custom atv Nexus rom which is based on Mecool M8s pro W
                          Where is this tutorial? You don?t speak of the tutorial in beginning of this thread of Novato ?

To go to Pro W ths will improve the wifi speed?? If not, which advantage i will get to make this? At this moment the box is working fine, only the low wifi speed is very bad.

And what you mean with you trying magendanz custom atv Nexus rom? you did not try it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post

A doubt, why you are wanting to install a firmware ATV that is not compatible for your device, when in this topic here has an ATV firmware compatible with your device?
                            I already use the atvxperience on my Nexbox A95X Pro and i like, very smooth rom. So i wanted it also on my Mecool box, but could not install it.

Comment

Did not try magendanz yet

Comment

Did not try magendanz yet
                                Where is your tutorial? You don?t speak of the tutorial in beginning of this thread of Novato ?

Form me to go from Plus W to Pro W this will improve the wifi speed?? If not, which advantage i will get to make this? At this moment the box is working fine, only the low wifi speed is very bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X