Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8S PRO W-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180724.093649.v0213, Blue Board: M8S_W_REV2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takizzz View Post
    geotzia you can flash the rom in the #1 post which is the stock android nonATV...from my experiense only these stock roms work i can't find any custom rom that works...
    Today i tried to flash it throught updater app but stoped with -error in section 7, installation aborted- (if i remember right)
    Last edited by geotzia; 01-13-2019, 20:21.

Comment

geotzia are you sure you have this box rev 2.2 with the blue board? because i tried both firmwares and flashed ok with no problems...if you don't have this board take a look at the custom rom from magendanz

Comment

geotzia are you sure you have this box rev 2.2 with the blue board? because i tried both firmwares and flashed ok with no problems...if you don't have this board take a look at the custom rom from magendanz
        I have this board and i tried to flash from this rom...
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
        Last edited by geotzia; 01-13-2019, 20:20.

Comment

d3ckart what problem do you have? it gives you error in usb burning tool or in the updater?
          I had bricked mine , couldn't flash anything through usb tool ( stuck at 7% ) and recovered it with mecool plus firmaware. Therefore the device is recognised as a PLUS device and not PRO therefore an error comes up notifying me that cant flash on different device although its the same.

I tried videostrong method but cannot rename dates ( not have rights)

That's my case , anyone who can help is welcome. I have wasted too much time but still want to revert it to PRO device

Comment

d3ckart you can now install the firmware from #1 post which is android or the the firmware in the #2 post (folder PRO W) which is android TV through the update app...

Comment

Originally posted by d3ckart View Post

I had bricked mine , couldn't flash anything through usb tool ( stuck at 7% ) and recovered it with mecool plus firmaware. Therefore the device is recognised as a PLUS device and not PRO therefore an error comes up notifying me that cant flash on different device although its the same.

I tried videostrong method but cannot rename dates ( not have rights)

That's my case , anyone who can help is welcome. I have wasted too much time but still want to revert it to PRO device

I am in exactically same case... i tried to flash the firmware from #1 post throught updater app but stoped with -error in section 7, installation aborted- as i said above, and the firmware from #2 post its ok but it is ATV not practical at all so i roll back to Mecool Plus firmware

Comment

Originally posted by geotzia View Post

I am in exactically same case... i tried to flash the firmware from #1 post throught updater app but stoped with -error in section 7, installation aborted- as i said above, and the firmware from #2 post its ok but it is ATV not practical at all so i roll back to Mecool Plus firmware
                Hello

You have to try videostronf method,

Ιn my case i couldn't overwrite the dates on the second file and therefore i couldn't flash cause installation stopped when it recognised that the firmware was older than the one already installed.

Has anyone flashed TWRP , and is there any available link?

Comment

I tried to flash twrp from https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewtopic.php?t=87 with no luck ( twrp.img is stretched out (only 1/4 the image is shows)

Comment

d3ckart you can now install the firmware from #1 post which is android or the the firmware in the #2 post (folder PRO W) which is android TV through the update app...
                    Hello takizzz when you installed the ATV M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180312.181951.V0213, everything worked fine. Wifi, remote control, HD Google and HD Netflix, no Lag etc?

can you tell me when you rescue the box, you use USB_burning_tool with the image M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img that is in the RAR file?

Comment

colbaip i didn't test any of these because it was lagging in the launcher and i couldn't change launcher so i got back to stock...yes you flash the plus w firmware with usb burning and then you flash the pro w firmware through update app

Comment

I want to add that pro w firmware is Android TV and for me is not practical at all...
                        Any news with TWRP?

Comment

Originally posted by d3ckart View Post

Hello

You have to try videostronf method,

Ιn my case i couldn't overwrite the dates on the second file and therefore i couldn't flash cause installation stopped when it recognised that the firmware was older than the one already installed.

Has anyone flashed TWRP , and is there any available link?

I have good news and bad news...
                          the good news are that i found a twrp for our box. You can download the zip file and flash it through update app.Then you have twrp and you can do backup or restore. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1b...MZ77Ij-nb/view

The bad news are when you reboot to recovery the box reboot to stock recovery but you can do the same procedure (flash twrp and make restore or ..backup)

Comment

in twrp if you click reboot to system i think it asks you if you want to install permanently

Comment

in twrp if you click reboot to system i think it asks you if you want to install permanently
                              Unfortunately not, I cannot use twpr permanently...

Comment

Since I couldn' t find a good android rom, I decided to try CoreELEC. I succesfully installed CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.7-S905.img.gz using device tree gxl_p281_2g at a microsd and it boots fine from the tf slot of the tvbox.
                                The only downside is that the wifi is not installed , so only ethernet connection is possible or you have to buy a compatible usb wifi stick.

Kodi is way smoother, no lag at all, cpu temperature is at 60-65 celsius degrees only, after watching a fullHD movie.
                                Last edited by noths; 01-17-2019, 21:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X