Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request New Stock TV Nexus Firmware build for Mecool M8s Pro W Build Number userdebug-7.1.2 NHG47L 20180724.093649.V0213

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request New Stock TV Nexus Firmware build for Mecool M8s Pro W Build Number userdebug-7.1.2 NHG47L 20180724.093649.V0213

Hello!! I was looking to upgrade this TV Box from Mecool Firmware to Nexus firmware. I needed to do this to get Netflix HD working permanently on the box. Previously, I got it working by flashing burnkeytools.apk. But this time there is not solution available yet. While going through this Forum, i came across custom roms that could get the TV Box work with Netflix HD. I went to the thread to check the firmware but the last buidl date i could see was 20180321 or so. Basically March 2018 but my device has September 2018 build. So I thought how should i go about flashing Nexus Stock TV Rom Firmware. From myside i could think of this solution. If there is any other solution to get nexus rom flashed on the TV Box , please do share. I am open to it.

Originally posted by mixedbaba View Post
    Hello!! I was looking to upgrade this TV Box from Mecool Firmware to Nexus firmware. I needed to do this to get Netflix HD working permanently on the box. Previously, I got it working by flashing burnkeytools.apk. But this time there is not solution available yet. While going through this Forum, i came across custom roms that could get the TV Box work with Netflix HD. I went to the thread to check the firmware but the last buidl date i could see was 20180321 or so. Basically March 2018 but my device has September 2018 build. So I thought how should i go about flashing Nexus Stock TV Rom Firmware. From myside i could think of this solution. If there is any other solution to get nexus rom flashed on the TV Box , please do share. I am open to it.
    Hi ,

if you want to look Netflix in HD , you need a Box with DRM L1 , i think , you must buy

a Shield or similar to have this , please , you only can flash Roms that are compatible

with your Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi,
      I am sure Mecool M8s Pro W shows L1 Wildervine support under Drm Info App. That was the reason, I was wanting to flash Nexus Rom so that I can have this Box support Netflix HD. Does the L1 DRM shown in DRM Info app not true?. Megandanz has made Nexus firmware for this Box but that was last updated till March 2018. Since my box has current build of July 2018. I cannot just update the Nexus rom by simply putting in local OTA update. That was the reason i was asking to update Nexus Rom to July 2018 build. So that i can flash Nexus Rom with ease. and hence the request for updating Nexus Build TV Stock Rom for Mecool M8s Pro W.

Comment

Originally posted by mixedbaba View Post
        Hi,
        I am sure Mecool M8s Pro W shows L1 Wildervine support under Drm Info App. That was the reason, I was wanting to flash Nexus Rom so that I can have this Box support Netflix HD. Does the L1 DRM shown in DRM Info app not true?. Megandanz has made Nexus firmware for this Box but that was last updated till March 2018. Since my box has current build of July 2018. I cannot just update the Nexus rom by simply putting in local OTA update. That was the reason i was asking to update Nexus Rom to July 2018 build. So that i can flash Nexus Rom with ease. and hence the request for updating Nexus Build TV Stock Rom for Mecool M8s Pro W.
        Hi ,

so the best would be to ask Magendanz ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Ok. Thanks Chief. I will ask Guest . Please let us know if it is possible for you Guest to allow the request to make new nexus firmware with july 2018 build for Mecool m8s Pro W. If it is not possible please let me know. How should i get Nexus firmware which you last build to work on my tv box. and most importantly will the Netflix HD work after taking such trouble of going through installing nexus rom on Mecool Pro W tv box. Currently I am running the build as on July 2018. All your inputs highly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Only the devices that are shown on Netflix site officially support Netflix. No Mecool player amongst them. Regardless the firmware you install this media player will not stream Netflix. Look for something else.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the Mecool Pro W was never on the netflix support site but still With L1 DRM, it worked well. It is not that it is now removed from Netflix Official support and hence it has stopped working now. I think I have read somewhere on this forum where in Netflix support team has acknowledged this error with mecool box and say that they are working towards making Netflix Hd support for Mecool Pro W. I am just saying thing happens without any causes. and this is where we come towards forum to help and understand solve our problems. I am glad you brought this out. But I think few people with Mecool Pro W are still enjoying Netflix HD. May be they are on Custom Roms of this TV Box. I hope something takes care of it either way and points us to right direction.

Comment

Working...
              X