Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise A9 Original Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware .img file (with Flashing and Unbricking Tutorial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfawise A9 Original Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware .img file (with Flashing and Unbricking Tutorial)

Original Stock Firmware for Android TV Box Alfawise A9 (S905, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM)

WARNING! I DO NOT recommend installing this firmware on other S905 boxes! I DO NOT recommend flashing any S905 (other than the original) firmware on Alfawise A9, the risk of getting the device bricked is very high!

File Name: Alfawise.20190520.release-keys_fix_some_bugs
    Version: Android 8.1 Oreo (June 2018 security patch)
    Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nv...l_uFwta2Yw4o2e

AmLogic USB Burning Tool is recommended for flashing (confirmed to work with version 2.1.6.8). Use Google to find download link for the tool.

Flashing tutorial:
    To connect your Alfawise A9 TV box to your PC, use USB A Male-to-male cable. Plug the cable in the USB port FURTHER from the SD card slot. Before plugging the cable to your PC, hold the reset button (behind the A/V jack there is a switch, use a toothpick to press it). If the device is recognized, you can start flashing in USB Burning Tool.

Unbricking tutorial (NAND Chip Short Method):
    If your device is bricked, you may have to use the NAND chip short method to let your box recognized by PC). To do this, connect your box to your PC with the same cable as mentioned earlier, and if the device is powered on (red light), short the nands using a paperclip/screwdriver as shown in the picture (see the attachment!). Pressing the reset button is not required. After that, the PC should recognize the device and you can start flashing.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

How to get root?
    My devices:
    Okko SmartBox | S905Y2, Unlocked | ATV9 Slimbox ROM

Comment

Not known to me.
      Last edited by sagert; 12-18-2019, 17:33.

Comment

Download link from google drive no longer works. Does anyone have this Alfawise A9 original 8.1 FW and is able to share? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
          Download link from google drive no longer works. Does anyone have this Alfawise A9 original 8.1 FW and is able to share? Thanks in advance!
          Download links
          MEGA
          Last edited by Hexagon; 05-23-2022, 20:02.
          My devices:

Comment

Anyone, by any chance, has the firmware for this box? The above links don't work anymore. If you do, please post the link in this forum, or please pm me, I would really appreciate it.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mn.ll.eo View Post
              Anyone, by any chance, has the firmware for this box? The above links don't work anymore. If you do, please post the link in this forum, or please pm me, I would really appreciate it.
              Thank you.
              mega link wors fine
              My devices:

Comment

Hexagon, thank you very much for replying to me, I appreciate it!
                You are right, mega link works fine. Sorry about it.
                I tried it in my box, I got the error message, the file is too large for the target.
                I have Suntv Box Smart Tv Player, S905 cpu. Any chance you or anybody else has another image I can try? Or maybe you can point me to another post in this forum. I am searching google with no luck. I'd really appreciate it.
                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X