Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] MECOOL M8S PLUS DVB T2/T/C TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] MECOOL M8S PLUS DVB T2/T/C TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Hi all!
    I create AndroidTV ROM for this device, based on that ROM.
    It was modified to support our device and added app for DTV view from stock ROM at March 2019.
    Also added:
    - Support for init.d scripts.
    - Some tweaks for net, UI, GPU and other.
    - Android UI at 1920x1080.
    - Youtube support to 4K.
    - AFRD (auto frame rate demon)
    - ES File Explorer and SPMC mod witch closed player on exit.
    - Fix "NO LICENSE" issue on DTV view on some devices.
    - OTA Update app from stock ROM.
    - Used stock recovery, not TWRP.

To flash ROM use stock "Update" app to local update, or enter to recovery by toothpick.

Downloads:
    YandexDisk
    GoogleDrive

If you wish switch Android UI resolution back to 1280x720, flash this patch - resolution_change_for_mecool_m8s_dvb.zip.
    When flashing, it switches the resolution between HD and FHD and vice versa.
    Last edited by orefkov; 08-01-2019, 09:19.

it is amazing rom .. really transformed the device ..
    but since i am dvb s2 model, i can not use dtv .. it force close
    i hope if there a copy for this model .. or any work around to make it work
    i really appreciate your amazing work .. thank you

Comment

Give me link to stock ROM for S2 model, and I will try make it.
      But only after vacation, at end of August,

Comment

This is the image file

And this is ota file
        FileFactory is the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Send and receive any type of file up to a massive 5GB with unlimited file bandwidth.

Comment

I have installed this Rom for my M8S plus dtv T/T2. It worked OK. There are some issue.
          + The DTV can search for DTV C, but it not show the image, just sound for the HD channel. And the APP cannot exit. The SD channel work OK.
          + I cannot use the google play to install new app.
          + The movie playing in the chrome get the same issue with the DTV, there are just sound but not image.
          This firmware is the best if you can help to solve these bugs. I wait this for a long time. The origin version is not really good and cannot use the DTV C.
          Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Hello. I have a problem after update to this ROM. After installation my box freeze on the "Checking for updates" screen. Indicator rolling in infinite. How I can solve this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by damagus View Post
              Hello. I have a problem after update to this ROM. After installation my box freeze on the "Checking for updates" screen. Indicator rolling in infinite. How I can solve this problem?
              At first run unplug Ethernet cable and skip wifi connect. Wait 3-10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Manuonline View Post
                I have installed this Rom for my M8S plus dtv T/T2. It worked OK. There are some issue.
                + The DTV can search for DTV C, but it not show the image, just sound for the HD channel. And the APP cannot exit. The SD channel work OK.
                + I cannot use the google play to install new app.
                + The movie playing in the chrome get the same issue with the DTV, there are just sound but not image.
                This firmware is the best if you can help to solve these bugs. I wait this for a long time. The origin version is not really good and cannot use the DTV C.
                Thank you so much for your help.
                Now Im on vacation. At end of August I will continue fix bugs and errors.

Comment

Originally posted by orefkov View Post

Now Im on vacation. At end of August I will continue fix bugs and errors.
                  Hi orefkov, do you have some news about bug fixes? ( but I hope you are still in vacation!! )

JJ

Comment

I look forward to a new update from you.

Comment

I want to ask a question ..
                      can i use a different dvb app ..
                      Is there any way to replace or use another dvb app ..
                      Thanks

Comment

I mean if i have bugs in the official dvb app, is there any way to replace it
                        i have m8s plus dvb s2 ..
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by orefkov View Post

At first run unplug Ethernet cable and skip wifi connect. Wait 3-10 minutes.
                          hi Orekov i do it like what you said and it doesn't make any different. i've been waiting for 7 hours.
                          please help me

thanks

Comment

Hi Orevkov,

i my country now aviable new fw for M8S plus DVB TV ( in my counry resseler branded as TEH 500) HW is dthe same as m8S plus DVB t2
                            I try update new fw bat when installing box write my:
                            This package is for "M8S_PLUS_DVB_TEH_500" devices; this is a "M8S_PLUS_DVB"
                            How can i repair Update script and Resigned by Sign apk. can you help me?
                            In this rom is new ver, kodu 18 atw...

https://data-b2b.inter-sat.cz/?sort_by=name&sort_as=asc&dir=data/TESLA/tesla-dvb-t2/tesla-teh-500-hybrid-box/Firmware/

thx jirik

Comment

Hi

I've been using this rom for a week and yesterday, when I've restarted this box it was on a reboot loop.
                              I've wiped all cache with TWRP, including Dalvik, now it's stuck only in "nexus" boot image.
                              I've also try to rewrite this zip image by SD card again, just in case. It does the full process but, when it tries to boot, still stuck on "nexus" boot image.

Is there any way I can get out of this?
                              Any old original firmware in zip format is not accepted since the date is lower, and I can't find a way to force it to "downgrade".
                              Is there any .img firmware available? I would like to try to USB Burning Tool to solve this issue.

Thank you for any help you may provide.

Comment

Working...
                              X